NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ski Nautique 2001 / Garage Space

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ski Nautique 2001 / Garage Space
    Posted: April-02-2010 at 12:32am
Patricia and I are looking at new houses this weekend. Got to sign the P&S by 4/30 for the $6,500 tax credit. My SN2001 is currently stored at my parents house for the winter. A big must for me is a garage large enough for the boat.

Does anyone have any idea the length of a Ski Nautique 2001 from tongue to end of platform? Plan B will be a replacement trailer with a swing-away front piece. How much room is saved with that type of trailer? How much does a new trailer cost?

By the way, I have a 3 bedroom, 2 bath townhouse up for rent 35 miles west of Boston if anyone is interested.

Ken
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2010 at 1:01am
My 85 2001, it is on a Magnum trailer with no swivel away at the front, my stall that I rent for it, it sits perfectly in a 10 by 20. I have about 1 ft left after I shut the garage door down. Hope this helps for ya..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2010 at 1:02am
Ken,

Just measured my 83 SN. You are looking at about 24'. That is from the tip of the trailer hitch to the back of the platform.
83Ski
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2010 at 1:13am
Thanks for the quick response, guys! You both gave me the information I was looking for. I'll bring my tape measure with me.

Ken
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2010 at 1:54am
Skicat
You better check that tape measure. Did you ever break it, and then overlap it and tape it together? I can't see an '85 2001 fitting in a 10'x20' storage unit.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2010 at 2:39am
Diagonal, with the platform removed?
Mike N

1968 Mustang

DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2010 at 3:54am
Yea, ditto on the 24' at the very least.
Neighbors 24' garage. There '89 on a #3 won't fit in square.   Has to be diagonal to shut the door.

malibud View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2010 at 11:11am
My 85 won't fit in 24' garage, not square, I can take the platform off. I did see on the 2001 website where someone made a rig to slide the platform off and on quickly
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2010 at 11:53am
My 82 with trailer and platform is right at 24 feet. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2010 at 12:08pm
It must depend on how the boat is on the trailer. My 88 is in the garage all most straight in and the bay is 24' long. I have the removeable platform installed on the boat but I rarely use it.

I do know that you can buy the kit here on the site to modify yours if the new garage is a couple of feet short.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2010 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by malibud malibud wrote:

I did see on the 2001 website where someone made a rig to slide the platform off and on quickly

Dan,
I did see the thread over on 2001. Unless you have lots of time and the equipment handy, I suggest purchasing comercially made quick disconnect brackets. The other benefit is they are anodized. He never mentioned having his homemade brackets anodized. He will have problems down the road - opps, lake!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2010 at 3:45pm
Ken - When I designed the garage on my addition, I went with 25'-0" inside in case I wanted to put the '84' in there.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2010 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

Skicat
You better check that tape measure. Did you ever break it, and then overlap it and tape it together? I can't see an '85 2001 fitting in a 10'x20' storage unit.

I messed up.. My boat sits in a 10x23 perfectly.. Goofy me, I knew that did not sound right. lol
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2010 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by malibud malibud wrote:

My 85 won't fit in 24' garage, not square, I can take the platform off. I did see on the 2001 website where someone made a rig to slide the platform off and on quickly

Yall must have large tongues on your trailers.. The Magnum trailer I have, very short tongue, I dont have the full 24 like you guys. It must be the trailer..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

jdkenyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdkenyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2010 at 5:19pm
My dad's 88 fits in his 26' garage with about 2 feet to spare from what I can recall.
66Skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66Skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2010 at 8:12pm
Ken and Patricia -
Just wanted to wish you guys good luck house hunting!
Kyle
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2010 at 9:23pm
Our 85 fits in our current garage at 24ft with 4 inches to spare.

Building a new garage in total that will have 30ft deep, and a double bay door 18ft wide x 10ft high and a 10 x 10 door too. So I can fit both boats in with ease. The other bay will have an engine hoist built in that bay if we ever had to pull out an engine or anything.

Good luck Ken and Patricia on house hunting, also make sure the garage is big enough for your future Ski Nautique 200 LOL.

-Phil
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2010 at 12:47am
Thanks for all the feedback! Every home we're scheduled to see has a two car garage. It sounds like 25' is the magic number. Worse case scenario, I'll get the trailer with the swing arm.

If I owned the 200, I'd park it in my formal dining room and buff it all day and night. I'd never leave the house!

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2010 at 12:48am
This is one that we're looking at. There are no good garage shots.

lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2010 at 1:14am
Nice house there Ken, hows the turn around though to be able to back it up into the garage?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2010 at 10:20am
We'll need to get a closer look today. I would hate to have to back up that driveway each and every time. Not sure the transmission would appreciate that. My biggest concern is fitting the entire boat and trailer inside. It will be a great day to be out kicking foundations!

Ken
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2010 at 12:31pm
I hope its a single door and not doubles. Mine won't fit in the basement garage cause it's an 8 ft door. The trailer is too wide.    
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2010 at 5:04am
I caught the 8' on the paperwork right before my guy left. He was leaving to go fax all my dimensions in. My garage walls were prefabbed. I would have a big un-useable garage.
My Blue 82SOLD!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2010 at 9:06am
If maneuvering in a tight driveway is a issue, you can also consider a front mounted hitch Before they where commercially available, I would fabricate my own for all my tow vehicles. I found out how convenient they were working at the marina back in the late 60's. No point in passing up a nice house just because the drive is tight for a trailer.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic