Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Skeg for 88 SN2001

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Pacey180 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacey180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skeg for 88 SN2001
    Posted: March-18-2010 at 3:55am
Hey Guys,
          Im trying to find a place to get a new Skeg for my 1988 SN2001, and find out how much they are worth.
Thanks, Pacey from Sydney Australia.
Pacey180
88 SN2001
www.indyindustries.com.au
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2010 at 8:52am
Pacey I would try and get your current one straightened first. If unable to repair give 91Nautique on this site a call he is from Perth WA and has a heap of second hand parts.

To source a new one from the US give the boat doctor at mycorrectcraftparts.com (1-318-299-8547) a call if Billy is unable to get you one give Woody a call at Mastercraft of Orlando (1-407-815-1965)they used to be a CC dealer and have heaps of knowledge about these boats.
Jody at Florida inboards may even have a second hand one he just arrived back in the US from Moomba.(1-850-215-1996)

I found them online Skidim Strutand N3 Boats Strutand White Lake Marine Strut

I also remember a thread where Chris (SNobsessed) had his strut straightened, search won't find it though. Pete (8122pbrainard) also knows of a direct manufacturer of this underwater gear that may make this strut. These guys should be waking up soon.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2010 at 10:29am
Strut

Straightening is worth a try if you have any old channel iron laying around, a welder, & the time to build the straightening frame. Make it very strong, I pushed those bottle jacks very hard.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2010 at 1:28pm
Maybe its a language barrier issue, but to me, skeg = tracking fin, not strut. If thats the case, then the old style (1990 and earlier) fins are available from White Lake and N3boatworks for ~$170. Theres also one that looks very similar (if not exactly the same) from Glen-L.
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2010 at 8:35pm
Yes another one of those differences. Still find some of them amusing.

Bread roll = Biscuit
Petrol = Gas

Aussie Skegs
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Pacey180 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacey180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2010 at 4:37am
Hey Guys,
          Cheers for all the info, i have emailed all the places in the states, hopefully here back soon.

Lewy, cheers for all your research, i have PMed 91 Nautique on Wake and im getting the old skeg looked at agin to see if it can be fixed. I think the U.S Skegs are a little stronger than the Aussie ones.
Cheers, Pagey.
Pacey180
88 SN2001
91nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 91nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2010 at 4:48am
I have one pacey,it came off a 93 ski.Nothing I have seen locally even closely resembles the original.

I bought another one in the States, so if you can't straighten the one you have let me know.

The one I have had a slight twist in it that I got straightened, but have never used it.
Pacey180 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacey180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2010 at 5:21am
91 Nautique,

I dont think my skeg is that bad, you can only just notice it with the naked eye. My boat mechanic tried to fix it but couldnt get it to move. He has said that the Aussie ones he has bent back into place have done it easy.
I think these U.S ones are much stronger. I have asked him to get someone else to look at it and try to fix it.
Pacey180
88 SN2001
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2010 at 11:42am
Pacey, I've bent two skegs on my 88 and straightened them with no problem. One was almost bent 45'. I'd definately try it before you purchase another one.

Foot
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2010 at 12:27am
What did you hit Tim?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2010 at 12:58am
John,

I think that Tim told me that his boat slid off of the trailer at the ramp. He had to get several guys to lift it back on the trailer. I think this is what happened.

Donald
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2010 at 11:29am
Sorry for the delay John. Donald is half right. I USED TO drive out w/o hooking up the front but that changed after I sprayed down the trailer bunks with silicone spray one day so the boat would slide off & on a LITTLE bit easier. That worked better than I thought.
Picture if you will the ol' pull the table cloth out from under a table full of dishes trick. Now picture that same trick with a boat on the trailer and thats what happened.
Lucky for me the boat was halfway in the water and was able to push her back in with some help. I did manage to bend 2 skegs, 1 rudder, 1 prop, and did some gel damage to the keel as it slid down off the trailer and down the prop guard. All this happened about 3-4 years ago. Needless to say LESSON LEARNED!     
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2010 at 11:39am
Tim,
Was it actually silicone spray or some of that Boeshield T9 from work?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2010 at 12:06pm
No Pete it was more like a can of this.

Pacey180 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacey180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2010 at 8:10am
Well Lads,
          Thanks for all the advice, i have had the Skeg/Strut straightened and is now back on the boat, Will be hitting the water tomorrow, so hopefully all is back to normal.
Cheers Guys.
Pacey180
88 SN2001
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic