Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Show Off Old Water Ski Photos!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
skierbrant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2010 at 12:44am
Here are some photos from Cypress Gardens back in 1979!

Notice the two Nautiques!!!

(sorry for the fuzzies on the slides. I didn't seem them until I scanned them! That takes too long to do!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2010 at 12:49am
Remember when the Hydroslide came out? We had to have one! Here is Pauly-Banana! Somewhere I have a picture of Pauly and my Dad when they entered the best picture for the Hydroslide contest in Sprays Water Ski Magazine.

Here is my Dad

Another good shot of the rig!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2010 at 12:52am
Keep 'em coming!

Like the shot of the red/white&blue flat wing. Our Club had one identical. Spent a few hours flying and crewing it!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2010 at 1:56am
John, I think you've got a couple of pictures that need to be shared on this post . . .

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2010 at 2:43am
Now why would that be...'cause the word 'old' is in the title of the thread?
I might have a few that would be of interest here...problem is I don't know how to scan them onto the computer.
I'm just glad our IT guy took pity on me and did a house visit so I coulgd get back on.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2010 at 9:28pm
I remember when we thought a three tier pyramid was sooo cooool!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2010 at 12:01am
We use to have a lot of fun building pyramids. Here is a picture of The Ski Broncs back in 1991 when we won the Show Nationals. I am 4th over from the right and my wife is 3rd high on the left in the 4 high! Great memories!
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2010 at 7:32pm
Very cool thread Brant.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2010 at 4:17pm
Thanks DrCC! I was hoping more people would have some cool old pictures to show off too!
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2010 at 4:57pm
I have some 1964 8mm footage.   Not tournament or ski show, just family vacation.
My Dad towing eight skiers with my Uncles 18' Crestliner w/ a 160hp I/O.
Took a few minutes to get everyone out of the water.
It has been transferred to VHS, I'll see if I can get some decent screen shots.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2010 at 2:28am
Looking forward to seeing it!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2010 at 2:35am
I found the picture of Orrin and Pauly doing their trick for the Hydroslide picture contest in Spray Magazine! Somewhere I have the magazine too!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2010 at 2:46am
The day I picked up my boat in Minnesota! Thanks to SkierOx for finding it! Pictured is my Dad, Scott, and Me! Sept. 21, '97. (SkierOx '84 in the background!)
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2010 at 10:23pm
Here's what mine looked like in 1982.
Bought 22 years later.

DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2010 at 11:17pm
Here is a brand new un-sold (at the time)

1983 standard

Pauly-Banana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly-Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2010 at 12:32am
DRCC,

That one looks exactly the same as Skierox's 1984 blue on blue Ski Nautique. It had the same interior design with no coaming pads. Wow, really cool, even the prop had not been installed yet shown in the picture. Scott sold his 1984 to buy the 1999 Python. Back to Brant's 1989 Ski Nautique. Skierox and Skierbrant have a video documenting the day that Brant purchased his 1989, really fun to watch. They had perfect weather with awsome company, Orin and the Zman (the seller of his 1989) plus Brant and Scott. I sure wish that I could have been there that day. Scott will never forget when Brant's dad thanked him for finding this beautiful black, yellow and gray Ski Nautique! Money well spent!
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2010 at 1:05am
Pauly, Really like the Black w/ Yellow.
Pauly-Banana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly-Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2010 at 1:46am
You bet, Brant has a really sharp head turning boat. Something about that color combination! Also, the boat really handles and drives nice. Brant really has that boat dialed in for holding speed! I have had a blast pulling Brant and Scott and their family's with his 89!

DrCC, great pictures of your 1974, looks perfect. Tells us a little more about that boat! Glad to see that you kept the chrome horns!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2010 at 1:58am
Nice looking boats! I almost bought an '84 identical to yours. Went to pick it up, and the guy backed out! I'm glad to have my '89! Much happier with the '89.
You have done a great job keeping the '74 in excellent condition!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2010 at 2:04am
1991 Show Nationals Shoe Ski Act!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2010 at 2:10am
1991 Doubles (My wife) and one of the guys in the club
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2010 at 11:09am
Thanks for taking the time to share all these great photo's and stories!

I have some old video, my Dad and his bro's skiing as teenagers, me and my bro's skiing as little kids and some other stuff. Had it converted from 8mm to DVD, now I just need to figure out (and find the time) to get some of this stuff on You Tube, Photobucket or whatever?

Growing up we never had an opportunity to ski on an organized show team so we just made our own, we did a show at our annual picnic for our lake community, here is a newspaper article dating back to 1976.

No CC tow boat for us, just an all wood boat, can't remember the brand, with an 85hp OB, broom stick ski handles and ski belts, LOL.

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2010 at 1:32pm
Nice Dig Quinner!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2010 at 4:28pm
Gotta love broom sticks and the ski belts! Great pictures! Love seeing the old photos!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2010 at 2:09am
Wisconsin Dells right across from the Tommy Bartlett Show back in the '70s. We used to rent a cabin for $100/week! Now it is a Hotel! Pauly-Bananas '68 is parked behind the orange one!
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2010 at 2:24am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to share all these great photo's and stories!

I have some old video, my Dad and his bro's skiing as teenagers, me and my bro's skiing as little kids and some other stuff. Had it converted from 8mm to DVD, now I just need to figure out (and find the time) to get some of this stuff on You Tube, Photobucket or whatever?

Growing up we never had an opportunity to ski on an organized show team so we just made our own, we did a show at our annual picnic for our lake community, here is a newspaper article dating back to 1976.

No CC tow boat for us, just an all wood boat, can't remember the brand, with an 85hp OB, broom stick ski handles and ski belts, LOL.

I use to live on that Lake @ Candlewood Knolls!!!
...those who have fallen and those who will.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2010 at 5:31pm

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2010 at 3:00am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

I'm just glad our IT guy took pity on me and did a house visit so I could get back on.

john

Well....knew it was to good to last. Had to take the danged computer to the pro. Just got it back yesterday afternoon. Seems to be ok now. Lost all my e-mail addresses. Send me a e-mail would you Chuck? And have Ethan send one too if you don't mind.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2010 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by SN206 SN206 wrote:

I use to live on that Lake @ Candlewood Knolls!!!

Ryan, isn't that over near Down the Hatch?

What years did you live there? Our family has had a cabin on Candlewood since the 40's, we spent our summers there just about every year growing up.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic