NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Correct Craft Reunion Angola?

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
W.U.S.S. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W.U.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Correct Craft Reunion Angola?
    Posted: February-12-2009 at 2:51pm
Not trying to upset the applecart. I was just wondering if anyone has considered a Reunion in NE Indiana?

I know GL is a few hundred miles away, but we have a couple decent CC dealerships in the Angola area.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2009 at 7:03pm
Paul,
Always up for suggestions for a good time with other CC Faners...

If you can scope hotels, campgrounds, restaurants, boat launches,and good taverns for 150 or so of your closest friends,just let us know

There is also a non official gathering that has grown in central IL after labor day that has become of great interest !!

Keep watching the site for news about Green Lake. This is something you don't want to miss !!!! Welcome to the site !!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2009 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

There is also a non official gathering that has grown in central IL after labor day that has become of great interest !!

Not to mention the one in Florida, birthing as I type this!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2009 at 2:17am
Thanks for the props HW....sitting here right now drinking Beam with rleinen79 and the lovely Dena (in bed right now) getting amped up for the weekend. Eddie and JoAnn just left. We are gonna have a blast.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2009 at 10:50am
WUSS
Welcome aboard newbie, interesting handle (W.U.S.S.).
I know a couple of guys in Angola the barefoot race with us. Footer89 (Ben) is from that area. I know us Michigan guys would be there.
Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

W.U.S.S. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W.U.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2009 at 11:17am
I am not 100% sure I am the one to organize such an event, never have attended a reunion yet. I might have to aquire the help of some friends.

I do know that Lake James would be a pretty decent location. State Park, Hotels, Sand Bar. We also have a pretty decent night life (in the summer.

Just for future reference WUSS=Washed Up Show Skier.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2009 at 11:43am
WUSS,
I would take the time to come and see what we do in Green Lake. Even if it's for a night and without a boat.. We have become pretty aware of the triumphs and pitfalls of hosting such a gathering. With GL looking like it will top 150 people this year, I think we've got a formula that works well..

I know there are some great places to boat in Indiana, we grew up sking on Lake Schafer, up on the Buffalo side of the river... Warmer, flatter water, hotter summers etc..

Indiana could in deed offer a centrally located spot in the Midwest for a gathering.. If the elements are there, and you're willing to dedicate a fair amount of time, I'm sure it could work out.. Sponsorships will be your largest hurdle.

Let me know if I can help point you in the right direction..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

W.U.S.S. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W.U.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2009 at 12:04pm
Sound like a good idea. Like I said I am not sure I am the one to head up an event. Just wondering if the subject has ever been brought up. I will see what I can do about GL in July. Does anyone know if there are room available anywhere?
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2009 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by W.U.S.S. W.U.S.S. wrote:

Sound like a good idea. Like I said I am not sure I am the one to head up an event. Just wondering if the subject has ever been brought up. I will see what I can do about GL in July. Does anyone know if there are room available anywhere?

No worries Paul, lets look into it and see if there's a chance it will work.. Oh and you brought it up, therefore, you're elected to champion the possible site

I would check out the following site.
www.greenlakecc.com for hotel listings.

The prefered choices in Green Lake are as follows:
Bayview_ not likely you'll get in there
Lakeside- possible, as people have shifted around
Oakwood B&B- very possible
McConnell Inn B&B- very possible
Green Lake Inn- always available
Dartford- always possible.

The nicest place on the lake is the Heidle House, but it's about $250+ a night..

Plenty of options, plus the campground in town where the CCFan'ers take over every year..

Lots to do, restaurants are abundant, beaches, boat launches all within walking distance..

Hope to see you there. Watch for a registration page to come up in a week or so for more information...

Again, if you are serious about looking at another site, I'll help give you some helpful advise..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2009 at 1:01pm
I believe that there was talk a few different times about trying to move the GL reunion to be more centrally located in IL, IN or OH seeing as a number of people come from the east coast. The problem was finding the right location with the right accomodations with the right people making the right effort. Nobody had objections but nobody took the reigns either.

Mojo and a couple others who live on or near GL put forth a huge effort for this reunion and I'm sure would be more than happy to turn it over to anybody willing to put forth that same effort.

When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2009 at 2:42pm

I will see what I can do about GL in July. Does anyone know if there are room available anywhere?

There were rooms at the Bayview avaiable a week or two ago. Awesome place if bringing a boat, they have their own ramp (free)and docks!   Phone..920-294-6504

Regretably,
Im goin to have to cancel our room there... we cant make it since the date change..
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2009 at 3:17pm
Steve,
That can't be true dude ???? You've help pioneer GL. You have to come....

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2009 at 4:39pm
Well Angola's kinda out in the sticks and other than the state park not much around from what I remember and isn't the lake patrol pretty heavy on James? I have herd of some crazy stuff happening up there.
W.U.S.S. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W.U.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2009 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

Well Angola's kinda out in the sticks and other than the state park not much around from what I remember and isn't the lake patrol pretty heavy on James? I have herd of some crazy stuff happening up there.

Originally being from South Dakota, and growing up in Ft. Wayne. I would have to say Angola is far from "being in the sticks"

Probably close to 100,000 people in the summer, mostly lakers.

Several bars and night clubs, some you can reach by boat, some not. The sandbar is probably one of the biggest attractions on Lake James.

As far as the lake patrol goes, I am not sure about that. Never had much problem. I actually live on Hamilton Lake and I have a few connections with the local conservation officers.
W.U.S.S. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W.U.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2009 at 7:38pm
I contacted the owner from the campground yesterday, he does have some openings for GL. I also spoke to the Bayview they are currently full.

Just FYI
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2009 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Regretably,
Im goin to have to cancel our room there... we cant make it

I can't believe you haven't been able to talk Pam into not going to the wedding!!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2009 at 1:05am
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Steve,
That can't be true dude ???? You've help pioneer GL. You have to come....

Moj'

Moj,
IT SUCKS BIG TIME !!!!! We have a neice getting married that weekend. PLUS our only employee decided (before we knew the GL date change)to take his family to Disney World that week. (FL in the summer?
)

Anyway,I cant quite bring myself to make that call to the Bill at the Bayview just yet.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2009 at 11:16am
We'll be pulling for ya Steve, but understand how it goes !!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2009 at 3:55pm

Probably close to 100,000 people in the summer, mostly lakers.

Several bars and night clubs, some you can reach by boat, some not. The sandbar is probably one of the biggest attractions on Lake James.

Ft.Wyane is a good 1/2 hour 45 minutes away, you have two options for lodging on the lake, without the lakers the population drops to maybe 10,000 and mostly from near by Angola.

one side of the lake is a state park without lakeside camping, just about every nautral lake in Indiana has a sand bar on it somewhere and that is where you'll find the majority of the boaters.

logisticly there really isn't a good meet and greet site for a BBQ with water access. MWCC is in the area but also supports the GL reunion might be a little much in today's ecconnomy to support two. Most of the lodging is 15 minutes or longer to the close launch ramp..... and on and on.

Spent a season or two on Indiana lakes and This would not be my first choice for a reunion.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2009 at 4:25pm
It does have a campground, huge resort and bars on the lake Chris..That's a start right?? Ha

If there was a reunion considered there it would be in place of GL. We wouldn't do two Midwest reunions..

It looks like the real attribute is skiable water... The rest we'd have to see how it could be put together... One issue is "Barney", the other would be how crowded the lake gets..

The advantage GL has it can handle really any size group we have, sand bar included...

hey Chris, are we going to see you in GL this summer??
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2009 at 4:32pm
the camp ground is not on the water Dave,

Might be well see what happens.
W.U.S.S. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W.U.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2009 at 6:44pm
Some might be taking this the wrong way. I was just checking to see there ever has been any interest or discussion in another location. That's all.

I was not trying to plan another reunion or suggest moving a reunion to a different location. I am not trying to sell this area as the hot spot. Heck, I don't even live on Lake James.

I was just trying to see if it had ever been brought up.

My wife and I are discussing comming to GL this summer. We just have to see how our schedules work out.

I really wasn't trying to make anyone upset; Or have a battle as to how many campsites, hotel room, and bars there were in our area.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2009 at 6:49pm
Well WUSS, looks like you got SERVED! Just kidding. I think all this reunion talk is great. There is a huge network of CC owners out there, so much information to share. There sure seem to be a lot of owners in NE Indiana, you might want to see what you can dig up from the Sea World ??? reunions hosted by CC in Sandusky Ohio in the past. I was all set to go to what would have been their last, and then booked a trip to Detroit on top of it on accident. There seem to be tons of classics and original boats at the dry shows, but the owners of the wet ones sure are hard to beat! The boats are nice too. I know our boat looks much better on the water than on the trailer.
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 11:33am
W.U.S.S.
Don't sweat it. I would love to see a reunion that is located a little more towards northern Ohio or Indiana. I've never been to Green Lake, mainly because it has fallen on the same weekend as our show ski regional tournament. It sounds like the ultimate blast for us CC owners, and I plan on making the trek one of these years. These guys are pretty protective of that event, and well they should considering what they've invested in it.
But there is no reason not to put together "Mini-midwest-reunions", spread out over the summer months. I plan on inviting anyone in the SE Michigan area to come to White Lake for a weekend this summer. I have accomodations that will sleep 10 uncomfortably at my cottage (mostly the floor), and space for upwards of (6) tents and minimal parking. The good part is that there is a great bar (with outside tiki bar) on the lake, a party store with a dock, and two sand bars. The lake is 540 acres with a slalom course, and the Sheriff is cool.
Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 12:09pm

Some might be taking this the wrong way. I was just checking to see there ever has been any interest or discussion in another location. That's all.

I was not trying to plan another reunion or suggest moving a reunion to a different location. I am not trying to sell this area as the hot spot. Heck, I don't even live on Lake James.

I was just trying to see if it had ever been brought up.

My wife and I are discussing comming to GL this summer. We just have to see how our schedules work out.

I really wasn't trying to make anyone upset; Or have a battle as to how many campsites, hotel room, and bars there were in our area.

Paul,
You are unfortunately taking this the wrong way. What seems to be banter, is simply a discussion with 79 Nautique.. He's from the area (not that he wouls actually show up or anything) HA...

I think you brought up a very good location. We were just bringing to light what needs to be thought out while putting one of these things together...

From experience however, you DO need someone to spear-head the thing. If someone does, I bet you'll get more boats out from this sight alone to hook up with then you know what to do with..

We have kicked dozens of lakes around in this discussion. Green Lake fortunately offers everything you need and would want for a reunion location..

Watch for the registration thread and book some lodging (you could always cancel)... Look forward to seeing you and your family this summer !!!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

I've never been to Green Lake, mainly because it has fallen on the same weekend as our show ski regional tournament.

With the date change of GL for this year, I hope it generates some new attendees. It looks like they moved your tournament up 2 weeks this year from last?
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2009 at 2:27pm
W.U.S.S.
I live in Lowell In. I hope to see you in
GL this year. If something happens in Indiana count me in these get togethers are very cool.Kinda like HD rallies like Surgis.
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2009 at 6:38pm
There is a camp ground on the opposite side of James first basin with some dock space as well. Bledsoes beach also has a few bar resteraunts. My law professor at tri-state used to say steuben county had a population of 20k and 200k in the summer. Weekends look that way till after labor day then everyone disapears. if it were to happen there it would have to be slightly after labor day and I would think.

I'm on Crooked lake now, patrol is pretty heavy usually though boat traffic and patrols were down noticably last summer due to the high price of fuel.

Would love to see it, but im certainly not the one to organize it.
Take your work seriously, not yourself.
Boat Pics
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2009 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by 75 stang 75 stang wrote:

Would love to see it, but im certainly not the one to organize it.

Cool, then we'll look forward to see that great looking Mustang in Green Lake come July !!!!
Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2009 at 7:24pm
It may happen...
Take your work seriously, not yourself.
Boat Pics
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic