FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AWSA Decal

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AWSA Decal
    Posted: January-30-2004 at 6:08pm
I have a line on getting the AWSA decals created for about $10/decal. I'm going to place an order for 2. Does anyone else want them? We could probably same a little money if I order a larger number. I'd be happy to add to my order.

Let me know by the end of next week (Feb. 6).

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2004 at 12:03pm
Is this the round one with the red and blue print that was put on the side of the Ski Nautiques in the 70's. I think there is a picture of it in the reference section.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2004 at 12:07pm
Sorry. I answered my own question. I did not knowtice your link to the picture when I first read the message. I would be interested in 2. I have an unused original. Do you have the diameter of the original decal?
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
rearl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rearl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2004 at 12:21pm
Count me in for 2, Let me know where to send the check. I would also be interested in the other decal on my 77 Ski Nautique which resembles an american flag If you have a source for the graphics please let me know.
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2004 at 1:03pm
i was told that the flags may be still available at your cc dealer.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2004 at 3:39pm
I ordered a set of flag decals and the "Correct Craft since 1925" decals from SECC.

To answer Scott's questions, I belive the diameter is 5". My boat is in storage so can you confirm that this is the correct size?

So far, I have 6 total (including my 2). I'll wait until the end of the week to order incase anyone else is interested.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2004 at 5:40pm
I was able to get all three decals that are on the 70's model boats last year from mid-west correctcraft.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2004 at 5:42pm
I have not attach the decals and could take a picture of them this week-end and post it later if anyone is interested.
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2004 at 5:50pm
I checked the diameter of the old AWSA decal and it is 5".
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
Tribal150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2004 at 7:25pm
keith,

I am working with a shop in toledo, they just did faces for the airguide model 712-b for me, if you want you could wait and see who can get them cheaper, they did an incredible job for me.

Rob
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2004 at 8:44pm
79. i have a dollartwonintyeight question. what are the three decals. i know the flag crest and the awsa emblem, but could you post a shot of the the cc medalion? i think that there is a fourth decal style. second shooter theory
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2004 at 11:25pm
Take a look at the Ski Nautique from the '79 Brochure. These are the three decals on my '79 Mustang.

Tribal150,
Yes, please see how much it would be to print up the AWSA Logo. I have a higher resolution I can forward if necessary.

Let me know.

Thanks,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
rearl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rearl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2004 at 12:05pm
For what it's worth the diameter of the AWSA decal on my 1977 Ski Nautique is 5". Whats more interesting though is that there are only two decals on my boat (unlike the picture in the 1977 Correct Craft brochure) they are the AWSA logo and the blue and white Correct Craft "crest" Badge. Not the american flag decal as I had indicated earlier. I suspect however that these are not original since the blue and white badge while faded appears to say 1925-1979 which would be two years beyond the manufacture date of the boat.While on the subject of logos can anyone educate me on the Riveted on Correct Craft Emblem just forward of these decals? Mine are made of plastic and are black on white unfortunately the L/H one is broken. I found a dealer who claims to have two original replacements in stock however they are black on chrome (still plastic)I'm wondering if perhaps the chrome just peeled off of mine?
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2004 at 2:03pm
In later years, I think it was 1980 when CC went to the block style lettering from script, the plastic emblem changed from black on white to crome on black. CC ended the use of these a couple of years later and made it into a "reverse image" in stripe like "Ski Nautique" appears on the side of the boat. The location is in the same place as it is on the 80 Brochure.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
Tribal150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2004 at 3:33pm
I am going to talk to my father in law, and see if he thinks that we could cast them in plastic, I have one that I pieced out of 2 seperate halves. He has done casting with plastic before, and he does model train parts out of plaster for a living, If anyone has a good piece that they could lend me for a initial casting, I would appreciate it.

Rob
rearl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rearl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2004 at 9:34am
I ordered 2 of the chrome on black (script)Correct Craft emblems from SECC they tell me all but one rivit hole line up, if this is true I would be glad to send you my one good original for you to copy. Send me your address.

Ron
Tribal150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2004 at 12:59pm
Thanks send it to

Rob Reckley
3037 123rd St.
Toledo OH 43611
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2004 at 1:01pm
please get permission from cc before you make anything with their name for resale.

start with jeff warner and get the meloons blessing. fixer o stuff on planet nautique might be an 'in'. i'm sure they'll say yes if they don't have anymore to sell.

Tribal150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2004 at 1:03pm
Keith

The awsa decal would cost $5 each, and that is with a clear protective overlay.

Can you send that higher resolution version to me.

My Email addres is:
Tribal150@buckeye-express.com
yellowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2004 at 6:14pm
Hey guys,

Sorry to get here so late. I've been on the same search for these decals my self.

Midwest CC says they have all 3 designs in stock. As they are practically in my backyard, I'll heading over there this afternoon to take a look.

Will let you know what they have.

Don
Caretaker of the wife's '78 Ski Nautique
yellowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2004 at 8:11pm
Midwest Correct Craft does carry the AWSA decal in open stock. They also have the flag shield type and the Correct Craft shield.

The part #'s are:
Flag (used up to '84)     S2111     $4.63
Annv. decal (since 1925) S2107     $8.68
AWSA (used up to '79)     S9806     $5.80

Dennis Eyster is the parts guy there, phone 260/833-2226 email: dennis@nautique.com

He advised that the CC shield with 2 years on it was probably from 1975 as it was for their 50th anniversary. It may have been used on later boats, but they couldn't verify that for sure.

I got a full set of new decals, man you wouldn't believe how faded the old ones are after 25 years! But then again, I'm not in the same shape I was back then either!

I don't know if the other CC shops have these in stock or not, but it would be worth a try.

Don
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2004 at 8:32pm
Keith,
I light of this new information, do not order 2 AWSA decals for me. I will purchase them from MidWest CC. If you have already placed your order and you ordered me 2, then I will purchase my 2 from you. Let me know.

Scott
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
rearl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rearl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2004 at 5:37pm
Keith
What Scott said goes for me too. But thanks for the effort.

Ron
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2004 at 2:06pm
I think I will be doing the same. Much better price.
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
rearl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rearl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2004 at 7:55pm
Don
I got my AWSA decals today. They look great! Thanks for the Info.
Ron
yellowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2004 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by rearl rearl wrote:

Don
I got my AWSA decals today. They look great! Thanks for the Info.
Ron

Hey Ron,

That's what I like, another satisfied customer! No need for the thanks, we're all in this together.

Later
garzonstudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garzonstudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2005 at 10:16am

E.D. Garzon

www.garzonstudio.com
dg@garzonstudio.com
woodboy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2006 at 6:48pm
    Dear fellow CC fans
This is my first post. I've seen the decals on ebay in the script only section at the botom of the page. However, I'm wondering of the authenticity of the set.They say 6" for the badge and flag and 5" AWSA. Are they worth replacing faded originals? Buy it now was $60 for all decals both sides.
Lake Livin' Rocks
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2006 at 6:29am
Woodboy,
Try Midwest Correct Craft that's where I got mine. Don't remember the price but it wasn't $60
MWCC
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2006 at 8:58am
Look at the beginning it should only run you 40 bucks or all six
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic