NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NEWS FLASH, PINK’S AT LAKE GEORGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 678
Author
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 10:23am
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

I just wanted to mention that with all due respect, and as lightheartedly as possible, the LG Reunion folks get an "F" in keeping the rest of us updated in a timely manner on what was an extremely hyped event.

We've got a 7 page post on a race that was going to occur, a dozen page post about the CCF boat, and almost no timely followup besides a handful of pics. We'll have to come up with some top secret events at GL next year as payback. How hard is it to mention 1) Did the races occur 2)who won 3)who bought the boat?

1)yes
   2)don't know,didn't see it happen
   3)it wasn't Quinner

Mike

Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 11:06am
Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

I just wanted to mention that with all due respect, and as lightheartedly as possible, the LG Reunion folks get an "F" in keeping the rest of us updated in a timely manner on what was an extremely hyped event.

We've got a 7 page post on a race that was going to occur, a dozen page post about the CCF boat, and almost no timely followup besides a handful of pics. We'll have to come up with some top secret events at GL next year as payback. How hard is it to mention 1) Did the races occur 2)who won 3)who bought the boat?

1)yes
   2)don't know,didn't see it happen
   3)it wasn't Quinner

Mike

Well it's Monday and still nothing, except a congrats to Reid and his group for coming to the plate on the CCF boat.. Nicely done, we'll expect to see it in GL next summer !!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 12:48pm
Man, it is quiet this morning. Everyone must be sleeping after the trip home.

I saw the race Saturday and as The Godfather said, it was a tie. Keith was driving the Mustang and Reid was driving the CCF SN. Both boats are very fast. The CFF boat is definately a screamer.

That was the only race I saw. There were some fast boats there. Joe from NY's boat is a rocket. It also has the loudest best sounding stereo I've ever heard. When he left Log Bay, you could still clearly hear the words of the music, but barely see his boat, and that's over the sound of his High Techs. Reid's friend Eddie with the BFN/Python engine was also very fast.

tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Reid's friend Eddie with the BFN/Python engine was also very fast.

Which Eddie are we talking about? Did he have a toothpick in his mouth?
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

Reid's friend Eddie with the BFN/Python engine was also very fast.

Which Eddie are we talking about? Did he have a toothpick in his mouth?

You got it Tull. Had a chance to drive his BFN and WOW, that thing is an absolute monster. While at the helm we ran against Joe a couple times, what a blast, Joe's Boat Screams!
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 2:50pm
Eddie's python gave me my soundest beating of the weekend, Reid's newest boat also gave me a beating on thursday, it was closer but they claimed they were sandbagging. Tim's boat I will claim I got a little ahead of but it took a while. Reid wasn't pushing on his 73 mustang because it had a bit of a top end issue that is probably minor and not workth blowing up the motor over, however those who drove it reported it probably had the goods even with that issue. Of course I did all my racing with a stuck valve, a nicked up prop, and dragging two sea anchors.. yeah thats it...

Lots of great boats, some fast, some loud, all beautiful, as usual we didnt get time to line them all up and ski them all and look at them all, lots of great people with the same situation just not enough time, plan to come early and stay late next year people...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Tim's boat I will claim I got a little ahead of but it took a while.

My victories are few and far between, so Ill take the concession on the holeshot, even if it was very close. Come 30mph, you walked me pretty steadily. I have to say that the 408 is a monster- with 4 big guys, a loaded tower and a sh*tload of gear, that thing still had a monster holeshot and pegged the speedos at 5300+ RPM. Simply awesome!

The CCF 409 sure has some lungs- I believe the 53-54mph claims. That being said, I would have loved to line up with it, as I dont think it will keep up with the Fords out of the hole. Come 3500 RPM though, say goodbye. It was a little choppy when I drove it and couldnt read the gauges too well, but I can attest that it flies through the air as well as it does through the water, and the hull lands softly.

I didnt get a chance to ride in Steady Eddie's BFN like I wanted to so badly- but if it pulled on Joe then that says a lot. A BFN with a juiced BBC is in my future for sure!

I missed Reid's Mustang as well, but Im pretty confident that it would have taken the title had it been running right. It sure sounded mean from shore- probably the loudest CC Ive ever heard. That thing should do 58-60, so watch out Doc!
anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 4:33pm
Does anybody has a picture of the CCF SN? I can't wait to see it.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by anthonylizardi anthonylizardi wrote:

Does anybody has a picture of the CCF SN? I can't wait to see it.

Page 7 of this thread and the LG Reunion thread.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 4:38pm
Hey Guys,
Well the weather didn't cooperate for 'Pinks'. A brief break in the rain and wind mid-morning on Saturday kept us out skiing and footing past the scheduled race time. Then, the wind and traffic picked up and the line to drive the CCF boat was long. As was stated, the races happened through out the weekend but any calm water was used for skiing or riding.

I got a chance to drive Reid's Mustang a lot and boy is that thing a blast. We had to keep it around 50 mph due to the high end issue but I'm sure it could do the 58-60 Tim suggested. It sure is loud, just ask the Lake George Partrol who pulled us over. Quinner and I were doing laps around the giant paddle-wheel steamer in The Village and I guess we drew too much attention.

I can confirm 54+ on the CCF boat. We were neck and neck with Joe until I pulled back the hydrogate -- then we lost him.

I can also confirm it flies. There were five of us in the boat when Tim was driving and we nearly had a full second out of the water.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Tim's boat I will claim I got a little ahead of but it took a while.

My victories are few and far between, so Ill take the concession on the holeshot, even if it was very close. Come 30mph, you walked me pretty steadily. I have to say that the 408 is a monster- with 4 big guys, a loaded tower and a sh*tload of gear, that thing still had a monster holeshot and pegged the speedos at 5300+ RPM. Simply awesome!

The CCF 409 sure has some lungs- I believe the 53-54mph claims. That being said, I would have loved to line up with it, as I dont think it will keep up with the Fords out of the hole. Come 3500 RPM though, say goodbye. It was a little choppy when I drove it and couldnt read the gauges too well, but I can attest that it flies through the air as well as it does through the water, and the hull lands softly.

I didnt get a chance to ride in Steady Eddie's BFN like I wanted to so badly- but if it pulled on Joe then that says a lot. A BFN with a juiced BBC is in my future for sure!

I missed Reid's Mustang as well, but Im pretty confident that it would have taken the title had it been running right. It sure sounded mean from shore- probably the loudest CC Ive ever heard. That thing should do 58-60, so watch out Doc!

Tim, I was really impressed with your boat. It sure is not a normal Ford. It pulled harder than anything I've ever driven. I'd say you, Joe and Reid had the hot boats. Eddie, too, but his is a real sleeper.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 4:45pm

Tim, I was really impressed with your boat. It sure is not a normal Ford. It pulled harder than anything I've ever driven. I'd say you, Joe and Reid had the hot boats. Eddie, too, but his is a real sleeper.

Thanks, Bruce. Lots of boats blew past me at top end, including Alan and Larry. I bet Alan would have hung in there out of the hole as well. Im sure there were others that would have walked me at WOT (including some of the earlier stock boats like Larry), which is why Ive learned to keep the races short.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

I can also confirm it flies. There were five of us in the boat when Tim was driving and we nearly had a full second out of the water.

-Keith

Keith- add to your next design an "oh- ***************" bar for the center back seat passenger please
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 7:14pm
(Somewhere on I-81 South in PA in route home)
Well, every race i've every been in or to, no matter how fast the "potentially" fastest machine MIGHT have been, if it didn't do it when the race was one the line, it didn't do it at all. So I'm heading back south with my tail between my legs, as when I was at the helm of the 409 and Keith was in the Mustang running side by side, the stout but hobbling little Mustang couldn't hold a candle. For that matter, all the other quick boats mentioned above were faster on this day. So I hope I didn't terribly let down any of the faithful supporters. Regardless, I really want to thank Jeff Roach at Adirondak Marine for doing his best to at least get her sounding right with some impromptu tuning, but the rain Friday kept him from doing a water trial. And of course thanks to Jerry in our shop for piecing it together in a matter of days. To that end, that boat is staying at Lake George for several more weeks so that Jeff can hopefully diagnose the problem for us at the high RPM end. At that time, JoeNY, Fly'n Bryan (really cool guy), myself and anyone else interested are headed back up. Tentative weekend is Columbus Day. So while it definitely wasn't my best weekend for racing, we'll be back, and in the meantime on this long drive home, a quick but very frequent glance in the side mirrors makes the defeat a little easier to swallow.

As for the 409, it'll certainly put a smile on your face. I saw 53.8 in a rough chop with Ken Meloon riding shotgun and I think she had more. I finally also got my first ride and/or drive in Tim's and Joe's boats. Anyone else that's not taken one of these joy rides really needs to. Speaking of fast boats, while out on the lake Saturday several handfuls of us took an exhilerating ride in a 1050 HP (twin 525 Supercharged 502's) Fountain 32. I think both groups saw 85 mph, and you couldn't slap the grin off my face.

Sooner or later, orange and orange will meet again.    
ReidP
1973 Mustang

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2008 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

Speaking of fast boats, while out on the lake Saturday several handfuls of us took an exhilerating ride in a 1050 HP (twin 525 Supercharged 502's) Fountain 32. I think both groups saw 85 mph, and you couldn't slap the grin off my face.

Sooner or later, orange and orange will meet again.    

my buddy mark has a Nortech with basicly the same set up and man do you have to hold on when the throttles are massed once your on plane amazing how quick going from 30-90 mph can be.
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2008 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

(Somewhere on I-81 South in PA in route home)
Well, every race i've every been in or to, no matter how fast the "potentially" fastest machine MIGHT have been, if it didn't do it when the race was one the line, it didn't do it at all. So I'm heading back south with my tail between my legs, as when I was at the helm of the 409 and Keith was in the Mustang running side by side, the stout but hobbling little Mustang couldn't hold a candle. For that matter, all the other quick boats mentioned above were faster on this day. So I hope I didn't terribly let down any of the faithful supporters.

So, if I got this right Reid- You can't beat it, so you just buy it!
Greg

86 BFN
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2008 at 7:09pm
[/QUOTE]

So, if I got this right Reid- You can't beat it, so you just buy it! [/QUOTE]

skicat..you got it right, thats Reids motto, hes been trying to buy my Boat for years! lol
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2008 at 9:05pm
maybe Reid can pull his new Boat with this!

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2008 at 9:08pm
or this!!!

The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2008 at 12:31pm
WOW, WHAT A SITE TO SEE!!!!

When I saw Reidp and Ken meloon in the 409 and Keith in the STANG with the Quinner guy, I knew the race was on.

I sat on the dock and watch those boats get air at the end of the line, what a race.

It was so cool to be part of that event!!!!!

Again, thank you to all that attended the BIG SHOW....

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2008 at 1:20pm
I wasnt there, but by what I hear, it went something like this after the race.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 678
  Share Topic