NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NEWS FLASH, PINK’S AT LAKE GEORGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 5678>
Author
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2008 at 5:38pm
well chated with reid over the week-end to get the low down from the hourse's mouth on what he's loading up and boy are you guys in for a good old fashioned ass whooping on the water when he opens it up with the new mod's sorry I won't be there to take your money on side bets.
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2008 at 8:27pm
He has a special formula.
Tim D
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2008 at 11:13pm
Now that's good !!
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2008 at 12:18am
Tim..thats great, I like that the can is "Orange" too!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2008 at 12:47am
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

well chated with reid over the week-end

You lose my phone number 79? I have left you numerous messages since July.

Reid: At eight (8) hours I am a whole lot closer than you...or if you are going by...you could always stop to sleep or eat at Cherry Pockets.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2008 at 1:26am
Just returned from Holman Moody here in Charlotte this afternoon. Man, those old boys are STILL capable of doing miraculous things with a Ford engine. Not that it would take a miracle.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2008 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

I'll bet 235 Holman Moody Ford horsepower can take the 409 Bowtie just as it is.

Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

Just returned from Holman Moody here in Charlotte this afternoon. Man, those old boys are STILL capable of doing miraculous things with a Ford engine. Not that it would take a miracle.

Sandbagger!
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2008 at 12:39pm
All I know is I want a ride...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2008 at 6:43pm
Joe, do you by chance have a 5 point harness/belt and maybe a HANS device you could bring along, so I can confidently and safely give rides? For some simple math that most have already figured out by now: Whatever Reid says\2 = the truth. However, you might want to divide by 10 in this case.

And TimD, I forgot to add a nice thank-you for that flattering and encouraging artwork above. I'll have it appropriately displayed.

I've got confirmed good news. Well not necessarily good for me or Dave, but for the rest of the boat race fans. It looks most definite now that Eddie Johnson will be bringing his pristine 1990 retrofitted Python BFN to LG. Did someone already mention that a Python has more than 409 HP?   

ReidP
1973 Mustang

The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2008 at 11:42pm
Tim: awesome can!
Reid: I'm counting on you.
Eddie: that is a machine. Be there!
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2008 at 12:24am
As cool as his boat is...watching Eddie foot is even better. Was honored to be in the 6 man with him at Reid's last summer.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2008 at 10:21pm
I think the "Godfather" is going to be singing the Blues!

KennyA View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KennyA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2008 at 2:00am
Hey guys, don’t know how to break it to ya but I saw the fabled orange boat IN PERSON a few weeks ago. Doesn’t look NEARLY as good in person as it does in the pics you see on this site. I was disappointed to say the least!

Now I’m no dummy but a few things confused me about the boat:

1- Isn’t the prop in the wrong place? (Does that behindpropeller fella know something we don’t?)

2- Not just the prop but look at the dang engine…409 hp my butt!

3- Does that match the definition for an inboard?

4- Where the heck is the pylon?

Now photographic, non-photoshopped proof of how the boat really looks:

shouldn't be much of a race...
Kenny <>{
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2008 at 2:35am
Even from that angle, which is indeed a bit different from all the shots we've seen before,....I still like it!! However I do feel a little more confident about the race now.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2008 at 2:42am
Ok, I can't sit here anymore and listen to this ###$@@@..

You want to go heads up, title for title!!!!!
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2008 at 3:26am
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2008 at 3:05am

The consolation prize for 2nd place...

...I hope Dave likes orange soda...or is it "Pop" up there!!!
-Adam

1973 Skier
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 12:23am
AND THE WINNER IS...??????
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 1:18am

I agree, everyone's eerily silent on this subject and I've been checking this thread daily for the outcome. Perhaps Reid is tied up at the moment, trying to figure out how he's going to tow TWO boats home!?!
-Adam

1973 Skier
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 2:21am
Wow, Reidp was in the 409 and Keith was in the STANG!!!!

Came to the line and hit the hammer down ...

And at the end of the line they BOTH WON!!!

More to come..
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 2:35am
so what you are saying is Reid won, right?
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 2:48am
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 3:12am
Originally posted by The Godfather The Godfather wrote:

Wow, Reidp was in the 409 ...

And at the end of the line they BOTH WON!!!

What the heII is he talking about?!?!?!? Is Reid just test driving his latest acquisition?!?
-Adam

1973 Skier
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 3:17am
I sure dunno...maybe a tie!?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 3:23am
I'm told that Reid doesn't do "ties"!!!
-Adam

1973 Skier
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 3:33am
I just wanted to mention that with all due respect, and as lightheartedly as possible, the LG Reunion folks get an "F" in keeping the rest of us updated in a timely manner on what was an extremely hyped event.

We've got a 7 page post on a race that was going to occur, a dozen page post about the CCF boat, and almost no timely followup besides a handful of pics. We'll have to come up with some top secret events at GL next year as payback. How hard is it to mention 1) Did the races occur 2)who won 3)who bought the boat?
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 3:46am
agreed

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 4:56am
Joel,
You're right. I sure hope this will be arranged in the next few days with elaborated reports, video footage and time tables...
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 5:29am
The GodFather sure does talk alot, but he dont say much!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 9:54am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 5678>
  Share Topic