NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Global Warming

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
starbucksdad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starbucksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Global Warming
    Posted: June-20-2008 at 8:36pm
I was really hoping for another Global Warming summer here in the mid Ohio valley but so far all we have had is rain and ugly rivers. Hope everyone else is doing better (except in the mid west, so very sorry for those folks) than we are. Sooner or later the rivers will clear and the sun will shine......I HOPE....have a great week-end.
starbucksdad
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2008 at 3:33am
Still in a drought. Our lake (Clarks Hill,SC) is almost nine feet down, my dock is dry.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2008 at 11:46am
I have a hard time believing this Global warming stuff, The Great Lakes were carved from Glaciors, they melted away and were the caveman thinking it was from global warming?
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2008 at 1:10pm
I tend to agree with you Eric,maybe old Mother Earth is just having a hot flash
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2008 at 4:49am

No Global Warming...are you kidding me...it's going to be over 90 degrees all week...
...the world is coming to an end...save yourselves..oh the humanity...
...oh wait...it's summer in Florida...Never Mind
-Adam

1973 Skier
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2008 at 11:43pm
I think it must be hot flashes / do you that when mother nature is done with menopause the monthly volcano eruptions around the world will stop?
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2008 at 12:37am
How do you do that Adam?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Brktracer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brktracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2008 at 2:48pm
Just watch out for the "killer bees" They've been coming since the early 80's and I haven't seen one yet. I'd bet global warming is the reason they're not here yet!

Looks like all the lakes in the Savannah chain are down 9 ft. Luckily we still have water!

Matt

emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2008 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Brktracer Brktracer wrote:

Just watch out for the "killer bees" They've been coming since the early 80's and I haven't seen one yet. I'd bet global warming is the reason they're not here yet!

Looks like all the lakes in the Savannah chain are down 9 ft. Luckily we still have water!

Matt

We (clarks hill) are over ten feet down this week! It is going down weekly. Some scary stuff is starting to poke out of the water. I got some good skiing in last week. I need to bushog around my dock. On the positive....no hydrilla this year.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starbucksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2008 at 4:04pm
I was in the Santee-Cooper lake region last summer and saw some of the DRY docks you guys are talking about. Do they think the water will ever come back to where it was? Seems to me it would take years of rain. How about we dredge a canal from the Mississippi to you.. That would help out everyone..
starbucksdad
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2008 at 5:05pm
I have seen the lake rise over four feet in one weekend, after a major storm. We just havent had any significant rain in about 18 months. It will be back, and if all goes well, I will have the area around my dock dredged.
k.o. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k.o. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2008 at 7:00pm
aahh on of the good thing we use the ocean instead of lakes. man sucks for everyone who was months in winerstorage and now can't use their boat becuz of low waters.
maybe we can send a litle of our rain. it's raining for about 2hours here in aruba now and still coming down
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2008 at 8:12pm
k.o. You sure don't need to worry about low water if the global warming is true but, when the polar ice caps melt, how far under water will Aruba be??

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
k.o. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k.o. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2008 at 8:16pm
damn i didn't think about that one. aruba will be completly under water. hopefully by then i'll move out from aruba live somewere in europe
freemanca View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freemanca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2008 at 1:51am
Originally posted by emccallum emccallum wrote:

[QUOTE=Brktracer] Just watch out for the "killer bees" They've been coming since the early 80's and I haven't seen one yet. I'd bet global warming is the reason they're not here yet!

It must have made all of the acid rain go away too. Remember that media storm?

Here in Alabama it's looking like another summer drought coming, but we're at least a foot better than this time last year, but it's not looking good for a full summer of use.

chris
BrentAL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrentAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2008 at 2:15am
We can stop the rising oceans buy building more lakes. Who wants to build a ski lake?
96 sn 196
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starbucksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2008 at 4:36pm
Hey when do you get out of the Newbie status????
starbucksdad
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2008 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by starbucksdad starbucksdad wrote:

First the Poobahs have a meeting...   LOL
(jk)
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starbucksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2008 at 6:53pm
COOL!!!!!!!!
starbucksdad
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2008 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by starbucksdad starbucksdad wrote:

I believe it is at 30 posts. BKH
Livin' the Dream

adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2008 at 9:21pm
I thought it was at 50, providing the you have a majority vote of "yea" at the meeting of the Grand Poobahs!
-Adam

1973 Skier
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic