Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GL 08 early arrival party/cookout Thurs!

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GL 08 early arrival party/cookout Thurs!
    Posted: June-06-2008 at 12:01am
I have been hoping to be able to do this and now it looks like its a go!

De and I would like to host a party/cookout at my Mom's place Thursday July 10th for everyone arriving that day or earlier. We'll fire up the grill, have a bunch of cold ones on hand (maybe a 1/4 keg of Spotted Cow?) and some damn good company (provided by others).

Our family place is right off Norwegian Bay so maybe start around 4:00-ish as we come off the lake and go until 11:00-12:00 or so.

There is plenty of sandy shallow water near our neighborhood's swimming pier for boat parking or the camp ground and hotels are just a 10 min car ride away.

Dogs and kids are welcome, of course.

So, who is in? I'd like a rough idea so I can make sure we have plenty of food and beverages.

It's getting closer.....
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 1:20am
Steve,

Sounds great, Count us in, Maddie + Me + Boat.

If you need any help with music I can bring my Kid Rock CD's!
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 2:40am
Steve do ya'll allow southerers too, Karen and I plan on getting there early Thursday AM.
Some of us are direction impared, so a PLAIN MAP would help ........Boat dr
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 10:44am
Hell yeah Billy.

Maps, directions, pictures, gps coordinates, seasonal constellation charts, smoke signal codes and other details will follow.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 11:08am
My current plan is to be in Thursday early, sign me up for 2. Sounds like a good time.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 11:32am
4 for us Steve, let me know if you need a hand with anything
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2008 at 12:07pm
Steve, This sure sounds like a great plan. Now, I'll need to see if I can change my plans and come down from up north a day early. I'll get back to you. Most likely it would just be myself. More fun at GL!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2008 at 10:23am
Count me in for one
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2008 at 12:35am
If Reidp can get Cathie and I there on Wed as planned, there will be 2 of us joining you.

Thanks so much for the thought and invite...

Roger
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2008 at 1:03am
Why only one Rob? Why not three?

Hope the lovely Dena is doing well.

Hows the step-offs coming?

john

The "family guy" teaching.
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2008 at 4:17am
Steve...I think you are going to need one of these for your party!

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2008 at 5:59pm
Especially if the PLBC entourage makes an appearance. Unfortunately, according to their representation, their appearance fee is greater than Keith's total budget plus my liquid net worth.

We are now talking pro-bono but I might have to rent that truck to seal the deal.
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2008 at 11:24pm
Billy might need some translation along with that map, it seems to me that most directions given in the south include some local color. I was in the mountains of North Carolina a few years ago looking for some mechanical help, I stopped at a very "established" looking roadside store that several decades earlier had been a gas and service station. I asked the elderly gentleman inside if he knew of anyone who could help. He told me I could go down the raod aways make a left at the first turn then a few more miles and make a right "where so and so's old barn used to be before it burned down". I asked him politely with my best "Yes Sirs" and "Thank You's" to repeat himself so I could translate some his southern dialect. It was obvious that I was not from around there and would have no idea where the burned down barn might have been. I never did figure out where I was supposed to go, but thanked him in the end for his help.

So, Billy, you might want head yonder that way 'cross the lake, pass' the shoals and up the crick a'bit!

If the work schedule holds up, We're coming thursday, so count two adults and our five yr. old son, and seven yr. old doughter.

Gary
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2008 at 11:58pm
Steve,

It looks like we are going to make it. 2 Adults and the baby. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2008 at 12:19am
Steve, add 2 more. Thanks Gary
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2008 at 1:56am
Steve looks like one heck of a get together. How many will be coming by boat? Karen and I would follow if there was someone to lead the way.......
That way no mix ups with the translation from "Yankee" to "Redneck".....Something is always lost in the conversion, fur piece, and over yonder do not cross over to mile markers and road signs.
But we follow real well, After all if your not on the edge your taking up too much space.........See ya'll soon,,,,Billy/Karen
Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2008 at 11:08am
Steve

From one Steve to another. Looks like I will try to arrive at the Bay View early Thurs PM. Count me in for two.
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2008 at 2:07pm
Steve,
Extremely nice of you and De to do this for everyone!

I get into Milwaukee at 3:07. My guess is I can be there around 5:30.

Just me (for now).

Thanks again for putting this together. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

-Keith

Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2008 at 2:32pm
If these pour southern country boys can figr out how to get through that Chicago traffic mess everyone is talkn bout, we will be there Wed. night. Surely we can be there by Thurs night even with Reid heading us out! Count me in for 2 & let me know if you need anything.
Thanks!

Greg

86 BFN
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2008 at 2:39pm
Keith,

Stop the presses, what about your Dad (Roy)? Is he coming back again this year? Wouldn't be the same without him!! No Sis either??
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2008 at 3:10pm
Hey Chris,
They will both be at the Northeast Reunion at Lake George, NY in September but unfortunately, my sister won't be able to make it to GL this year. My Dad is still undetermined for GL. He still might go but not definite like it was the last two years.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2008 at 1:22am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Why only one Rob? Why not three?

Hope the lovely Dena is doing well.

Thanks John. She's doing well, but she'd kill you if she knew that picture of her was on here. The weekend of GL will be about a month from her due date. She's not very comfortable in the car for long periods, let alone a boat in the heat. She's bummed she can't make it.

As for the step offs, haven't tried again yet. Was hoping for this weekend, but pretty rough water.

Rob

Rob
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2008 at 10:35am
Steve,

We don't yet have our travel plan down...but I assume we will shoot for arriving Thurs afternoon...Brian and Deb will carivan up with us...our group should total 7. We are most likely in!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2008 at 4:16pm
34 people so far! Awesome! I didn't know so many people were coming in early.

I'm thinking a 1/4 barrel probably won't cut it...

All are welcome, so keep the sign ups coming. We will do our best to accommodate everyone!
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2008 at 5:22pm
Steve,
You best bring in a porto-crapper, or your mom will dis-own you.. Hollywood and Johnny alone will polish off the pony keg and destroy your moms favorite tolet cover and rug hahaha.. Wait then there's Quinner;s spastic bowel issues..... ???

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2008 at 1:04pm
Guys, I'd like to speak up here on Steve's behalf. The responce to his gracious offer of hosting this get together has grown well beyond what I feel he initially thought. I feel we need to make some donations to the cause!!

Moj, Excellent idea on the porta-johns but considering the PLBC boys along with CQ's problem, I think we need at least 2!
Edit: You also need to consider us older guys! I sure can't hold it like I used to. It used to be a 6 pack before I needed to go but now it's after one!! At least I can still make it though the night but just barely.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2008 at 1:23pm
You guys are all **********. I wasn't planning on attending, and surely not now after reading this.
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2008 at 1:51pm
I agree with Pete.
Maybe we can have a donations jar to help with the expenses.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2008 at 2:30am
We all can chip-in. One person should not have to be responsible.

On the same kind of note I will also chip-in to Kieth for this site.
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2008 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

You guys are all **********. I wasn't planning on attending, and surely not now after reading this.

OK, after hearing that good news, you can surely count us in for a minimum of 4 attendees, possibly as many as 7.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic