Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RWP pictures

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
MarineSRT8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarineSRT8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RWP pictures
    Posted: April-03-2008 at 8:41pm
As most of you know I have built a Ford racing 408 for my 80 SN. Right now Ive got the motor most of the way together as my Project 80 SN thread has shown, BUT I believe that my FRM is built differently than that of the OEM block because there is no evident place to attach the bracket for the RWP. And since I was relieved of my original block I have nothing to go off of. So with that being said if any of you could post some pictures of your engines more over you RWPs so that I can confirm my beliefs. Thanks for the help in advance!!!
"Some people go an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem"

-Pres. Ronald Reagan-

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2008 at 8:51pm
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2008 at 10:09pm
Not exactly sure what you mean by FRM but here's a clearer picture of the snout of a standard PCM 351, hope it helps.

Am I wrong or isn't the timing chain cover a PCM part and has a boss for the pump bracket?
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2008 at 10:13pm
It sounds like you dont have the right timing cover on it, yours must be for a car!   
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2008 at 10:30pm
What he said, your timing cover is the issue.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2008 at 10:46pm
MMMMMMmmmmmm PCM.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2008 at 11:13pm
Take a look at "Boat dr" motor and do what he did and run the pump off the crank!
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2008 at 2:38am
Mark can you load some pics of the front of my stroker to give him an idea of how I solved that issue with mine.
I know they are stored somewhere in the archives but don't know how to do it ,,,,,Thanx.......Boat dr

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarineSRT8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2008 at 2:38am
Yep I made the mistake of buying an automotive timing cover. I was ordering all of my parts from scratch so I had nothing to go from....Oh well only a few steps back, it only takes a day for DIM to deliver parts to me seeing that they are only 2.5 hours from me. Hey if your watchin Doc, Could I see some pics of your set up?
"Some people go an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem"

-Pres. Ronald Reagan-

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2008 at 2:53am
Send me an e mail address , i cannot send Adobe Photoshop to our web site...billy
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2008 at 11:38am
Here is a picture of Boat Dr's crank mount set up. I studied this quite a bit last summer when my obsolete OMC pump quit last summer and there was no finding a replacement. I will add that I called Boat Dr a couple times and he was more than helpful. Mine is a Johnson, I believe Boat Dr's is too. Sherwood makes a similar pump. There are a bunch out there. Doc made a nice bracket to hold his. Me, being not quite so resourceful, made a bracket by cutting and drilling some L-brackets from the hardware store. (actually mine ended up looking pretty much like the 08 Mastercraft I saw at the boat show this year - they come with the crank mount pump) The pump shops and SKIDIM have brackets. The problem with the factory brackets is that they require the pumps to be mounted with the inlet/outlet sticking out to the port side, which makes for some cumbersome plumbing. I thought a ford block had holes for the bracket on the port side, a chevy block had holes for the bracket on the starboard side but I see doc has his mounted on the starboard side of his ford block, so I guess I must be wrong on that.

One other little pointer. To plumb mine, I went to autozone. They let me in the back room to rifle through all the auto radiator hoses till I found one that had the right diameter and bends (with a little cutting off of the unnecessary end) that would allow for a fairly custom made look. Worked out pretty well. I spliced them into the existing hoses under the engine.

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2008 at 1:23pm
ok my question is do you have the right oil pan too? It has to be a rear sump pick-up anything mid of forwad will not work and you will smoke the motor as it won't be getting any oil otherwise.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2008 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Send me an e mail address , i cannot send Adobe Photoshop to our web site...billy

Off topic but I'll try to help you with this

1st, if you have photoshop files but do not have photoshop you're for the most part out of luck.

2nd if you do have photoshop here is how I would convert them to files you can upload:

Open PS, Open your photo, If it needs resizing goto the pulldown menu (image)then (Image size)in the image size window under document size make sure UOM is inches and width and height is locked, set document width to 6 inches(thats what I usually upload)and set resolution to 72 pixel/inch. Hit OK and your image is resized.

Next step, pulldown menu (file) (Save for web)under settings select "jpeg high" and save, name the file and destination, hit save.

That file can now be uploaded to the site as a jpeg and will be well under the site max of 200K.

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarineSRT8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2008 at 10:03pm
Hey 79 good looking out but its a center sump oil pan just like what cam out of the boat originally I got it from DIM....It was listed as OEM replacement and they sent me this Moroso piece

-Pres. Ronald Reagan-

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic