NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

point of no return

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
Author
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2009 at 3:22pm

Some updates.. the carpet its been intalled!!

Thew new ss exhaust...

the new shaft seal...

by next week the removable floor panels will be cut glassed and carpeted, also all the alluminum frames will be bolted to the stringers..
so the end its almost there....
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
form&function View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2009 at 11:26pm
How long do your summers last?Do you get to use it this year?
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2009 at 2:43pm
We are about to enter the spring here..and summers are long..anyway I get to use the boat year round.. the colder day are in the 40-50 degrees around july, then the average is 50-60....October the t raises to 70-75..january is hell...100degress..and we have the 70 again until may...
So yes I will have it ready for our summer..that was my goal..
DAY_TRIP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAY_TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2009 at 10:55pm
Boat looks good! Did you do anything with the engine or just a re-install of the original?
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2009 at 2:10pm
Day-Trip, there's another thread named Engine rebuilt.... Kapla got all the new toys for his engine... bet it will be amazing!
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2009 at 2:40pm
I did a short visit to the boat today no pics.. carpet is all layed, except the bow area, and the the motor frame is bolted to the stringers...
Final adjustments to the rudder port are needed to then assemble the gas tank..
so I expect to have it ready soon!!!
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 2:38pm
some pics...

Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 3:18pm
I thought carpet would be the last thing to put in...
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 3:31pm
Seb Great shots of the boat can even see where you stood, must get a door mat next to it.

Not long now well done.

PS who going to win the football on the 24th Oct?
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 3:40pm
job is almost done..thats why the carpet was layed... only the engine is missing..
the hull buff is the last thing...
so I expect to through the engine in next week...hope ...
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

job is almost done..thats why the carpet was layed... only the engine is missing..
the hull buff is the last thing...
so I expect to through the engine in next week...hope ...

Are the tracking fins through bolted onto the hull?

Tim

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 4:26pm
no and I wonder how are they fastened to the hull as there are no bolt in the inner side of it.. I think they are bolted to a plate and the plate was then glassed over so no bolt inside..strange...
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

no and I wonder how are they fastened to the hull as there are no bolt in the inner side of it.. I think they are bolted to a plate and the plate was then glassed over so no bolt inside..strange...

That would certainly make sense....especially if you want them in the hull straight.

I will start a thread on it...

Nice pics.....of the boat too :)

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 4:37pm
CC doesnt through-bolt their tracking fins. Theyre just screwed in. That way if you rip them off the boat, youre left with 4 small holes instead of one big one. Much easier to keep the boat floating that way- just ask Ken!
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

CC doesnt through-bolt their tracking fins. Theyre just screwed in. That way if you rip them off the boat, youre left with 4 small holes instead of one big one. Much easier to keep the boat floating that way- just ask Ken!

you bet!!! is there a post of ken´s ripping off the fins?
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2009 at 8:37pm
today..still some things left..I know haveto figure out the best and fastest way to replace the carpet in the doghouse...the old one is stiched to the vynil..so I maight have to take it to a shop to do it right... The hull is in the middle of the polishing process..and was going really well..all the people in the shop were amazed on how shinny it was according to the age of the boat!!!

Okie Boarder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2009 at 2:59pm
Almost done! I'm looking forward to that stage with my boat.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2009 at 5:20pm
Me too!!! things are getting slow...a big boat expo was held last week so all the work went to finish a couple of boat that were going to it..so my boat was delayed... . I went yesterday to see progress..and its almost there only missing some under bow carpeting, then it all assy to finish the part....
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2009 at 5:18pm
Voila...finished...almost..some little details left that I will finish on the go...such as the carpet trim on the doghouse... soem stereo conections etc...I will pick it up friday with the new boat mate trailer i´m buying!!!

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2009 at 5:31pm
Lookin good!! Its the paddle nautique version now!
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2009 at 5:42pm
so far yes..until I drop this baby in!!! LOL

Okie Boarder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2009 at 5:56pm
Looks good!
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2009 at 9:36pm
Lookin good and I know you're ready. I could barely sleep when I got that close.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2009 at 6:18am
Kapla,
Boat is looking awsome mate. Lots of work.!

I don't know if I have missed something on this thread, but it looks like you are using a differnet stringer design to factory.?

No secondary stringers.? I see that there are extra braces to the edge of though. Is this equivelant.?

This method would be so much more simple than building 4 stringers.!
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2009 at 8:17am
Seb,

She looks good my friend.
As Greg stated, you must be missing some sleep due to the exitment of getting to the finish...
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2009 at 9:34am
Looking very good Kapla not far away now. I really like the colours on your boat and interior they are different and are not as dated as some of the other 90's colour scheme's.

As Chopper mentioned your stringer configuration is different to the factory setup. I had to go back in the thread to check it out. Much simpler than secondary stringers and looks to be structurally as strong. Would like to see what some of the engineers think about this configuration. Any comments Joe or Tim?

If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2009 at 10:37am
The re-foam makes up for the missing braces maybe?

Just kidding!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2009 at 12:47pm
As for the structure the idea of the ribs perpendicular to the main stringer was to give support to the floor as first i was not going to refoam..the second stringer the way it was set was floating on the hull, working alone (it was only attached to the mains by a simple piece of wood and some nails). Then the 18mm plywood floor itself will also act as part of the structure. Then I decided the refoam just in case..but i´m confident that as long I don´t flip or sink my boat water will be out of it.... all cables vents and other stuuf suns in pipes, and thay are all sealed correctly (hope so). Then I could be wrong and my boat collapses after some uses LOL...
Well i´m very excited today as I´m picking it up in the afternoon..first I will go get the trailer and then pick up the boat and take it to theshop the mount the engine!!!! I´ll take lots of pics and will post them this night!!! wish me luck...

As for the colour in the interior, skins are original colour redone some 5 years ago. Carpet yes is new and different colour from the original..unfortunatelly I would have liked to get the same corpet as the original one but its not available here, so the one I put is the one that was more closed to it. I still liked the darker one as It was more stain friendly..this one will denote any stain in a moment...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
  Share Topic