Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake Reunion Dates SET!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2223242526>
Author
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2006 at 11:00am
79' Great list !!!, oh and don't forget the pop !!! Don't worry about the $4 bucks.. I think there are only birds living in the box !!!

Scott, welcome to the list !!! and concrats on your new born !!! Glad ya signed up...It's going to be a great time !!

Alan, are the kids ready to come up and see the lampshade on the old man in GL ??? hahaha.. Great to hear you're already having fun with them down on the river... Can't wait to meet them !!

Moj'

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2006 at 11:31am
Oh I won't forget the pop, it's a lot cheaper in IN than it is in other states, we used to take it to my uncles in Livingston, TN when we would go out on the house boat for a week. Nothing like borrowing a truck just to haul the stuff, we just had to cover it so that we didn't get busted for transporting it across state lines it's kinda hard to explain why you have 75-100 cases in the back of the pick-up
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2006 at 11:57am
If this thing were in MI we could cash in hardcore on the recycling of all these pop cans. Anyone living in MI thinking about hauling some back home?

79, when are they gonna start selling on Sundays over there?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2006 at 12:06pm
I doubt they ever will the bar owners would lose a lot of cash on Sundays.

They charge a deposit in Iowa on cans as well. You can hit the wal-mart and they have return bins like in MI
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2006 at 1:36pm
A lil FYI,

the count is a little off, (Beside The Lake not being able to make it), Shane Longdin is registered twice.

Has anybody heard the progress with Ultrahots or 62's boat?

Carry on.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2006 at 1:58pm
Now that's what I like to see, 79Nautique in a good mood. We now know the secret - just include the words beer or "pop" in any post, and you're good to go with 79.

Seriously though, I've been looking forward to meeting 79 and all the other characters signed up for this event for months. Down to one week to go. That's pretty good stuff.

I've had some rather serious complications from my back surgery and am still lobbying the doctors to let me go. Keeping my fingers crossed. It would be awfully disappointing
to miss this event. Hoping to see you all next Friday. BKH
Livin' the Dream

The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2006 at 5:17pm
BK, Man, I'm really hoping you'll be able to make it. But, take care of that back and get it better. My misses will be getting her st*tches out the Friday of GL.

Hey Mojo, did I read that there was a need for some food warmers? If there still is let me know, I could hook up with Paul and let you borrow what I have available.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2006 at 5:35pm
Lake,
Yes, Alan is being told that the "Pig man" will of course make the pig, but we will need to keep it warm. So, we were looking for something like steamer trays to keep the roasted meat warm but not burn it up !!! if you have anything like this that we can use, it would be great !!! Thanks for offering.. I'm sure can find room next to the guitar and bring it up !!!

We have limited electricity in the park, so if anyone has a better idea by using sterno etc, that would be great (if it's not to windy I guess)...

Thanks again guys !!!
Moj'
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2006 at 5:47pm
Moj' The ones I have are sterno heated, 9qt. size. I have two of them, and I think some sterno as well. Paul, if you read this, let's hook up and I'll get them to you.
Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2006 at 6:16pm
Chuck,

That's exactly what we're looking for, if you can hook up with Paul that would be one more item to check off the list and greatly appreciated.

Thanks a million.

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2006 at 7:01pm
Alan, I'll get with Paul and get 'er done.
Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2006 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by PLBC PLBC wrote:

Has anybody heard the progress with Ultrahots or 62's boat?

Carry on.

Hey all, I think Im getting the 'Skier back on track! A BIG thanks to DRCC! He sent all the parts to me without prepayment , so I could get them in time for GL!

I received the rudder and strut today, and got them mounted in the boat tonight!

Going to let the sealer set til Sunday...then try another voyage! Im saying my prayers!

THANKS AGAIN DR!!!!!!!!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2006 at 11:15am
Hey all...less than a week to go!!! I'll be arriving in GL late afternoon/early evening on Thursday. Hope to get in some water time that night. Anyone else going to be there early? I can't wait. I'm like a little kid waiting for christmas!!!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2006 at 12:09pm
Rob,

I'm probably worse than you, we planned on leaving thursday am but may sneak out of town wednesday night. Won't be able to sleep anyway so might as well.

Look us up in the campground thursday night if you want.
Tribal150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2006 at 7:22pm
I am leaving wed eve. and am planning to arrive early thurs afternoon.

Rob
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2006 at 7:39pm
Great.......we're staying at the GL inn. We'll probably get checked in and then take a quick drive (or stroll) through the campground. I talked to M3fan earlier today, and he's planning on getting there Thursday evening as well. Can't wait to see the "new" 81 and that 76. If there half as nice as what they look like in the pics, we're all in for a real treat!
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2006 at 9:09pm
Oh, I meant Friday evening when I was talking about leaving times. Sorry! I probably won't realistically be there until 10PM on Friday.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2006 at 9:28am
For those arriving Late Friday or even Sat morning, I'll have the registration tent up mid afternoon till dark Friday, then be there again early Saturday morning with your " registration packets" before the day starts. Just arrive safely !!

That CC train out of the marina will be something we don't want anyone to miss !!

Moj'
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2006 at 9:56am
Alan & moj,

I've got the warmer thing taken care of!! I Talked with chuck last night and he's gonna bring it over before i leave!I will be there late thurs.(early fri. morn) I will be the one having a cold beer for breakfastBeer and frosted flakes??? hmmm I wonder how that would taste? Cant wait to finaly meet all you guys!

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Gotwake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gotwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2006 at 10:00am
Originally posted by Mojoman Mojoman wrote:

For those arriving Late Friday or even Sat morning, I'll have the registration tent up mid afternoon till dark Friday, then be there again early Saturday morning with your " registration packets" before the day starts. Just arrive safely !!
Moj'

Good to hear, Brian and I are leaving (Mundelein IL)around 6ish.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2006 at 10:09am
Originally posted by 67nautique312 67nautique312 wrote:

I will be the one having a cold beer for breakfastBeer

We refer to that as the breakfast of champion's or track day.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2006 at 10:17am
Good deal Paul thanks,

BAREFOOTING

For those arriving late friday night, if you have entered the barefoot drawing and arrive after the park closes just go across the street to the Goose Blind and find Mojo or Myself to see if you have won.

Mike wants to start at 5am so if you're a winner you need to be at the dock next to the park at least 10 minutes early or you may miss the boat. We will draw 2 alternates incase someone can't make it.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2006 at 10:27am
Hell ya, beer for breakfast !!! You'll be in "Sconnie" ya know !! They just throw in a little cheese curd here and there and get the day started right !!! Looks like Paul will be ready ???

Yes, the barefoot lesson winners will need to make sure they are aware, plus the alternates of their position.. For those who will come late, just find us in and around the bar and we'll set you up.. 5am, "man hope there are some young bucks coming" LOL....

Anyway, if you miss some of the Friday night announcements, just find us in the park the next morning and we'll answer as many questions as possible before we all hit the water and have some fun !!! (oh yeah, and not at 5am !!!)

Moj

PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2006 at 11:46am
Hollywood, myself, and our crew should be leaving the IL/WI border between 5-6pm on Friday. I am guessing about 2.5 hours to GL.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2006 at 11:51am
Originally posted by PLBC PLBC wrote:

Hollywood, myself, and our crew should be leaving the IL/WI border between 5-6pm on Friday. I am guessing about 2.5 hours to GL.

That's about right, give or take....... A little faster coming up the Milwaukee side, rather than the Madison side (toll construction !!!).
Moj'
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2006 at 3:19pm
DAVE,

fill me in on the rest of this route to GL, I'm going to take 65 North, catch 80 west to 294 north then 94 west? then ?????? to haitti camp ground. I'll check out the map but I'm sure you've made the trip once or twice already and know the quick routes.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2006 at 3:40pm
Chris,
The best route for you and anyone coming around the horn from Indiana, stay on 294 North (then I-94) all the way into Wisconsin, (4 tolls later). Then hook up onto the 894 bypass around Milwaukee and then stay on Rte41 all the way to Fond Du Lac. Exit rte23 West or Johnson St. Head West past Rippon about 7 miles to you come to the first stop light. Turn left on County A. Head up about 1/2 mile and you'll see the signs to downtown Green Lake..(which is a right) !! No construction seen coming back from this past weekend!! Once you see O'Hare airport, you will have about 3 hours to go !!!

Once you drive into town, you'll see the park and the marina to your left. Continue to drive around a large sweeping left turn. Once you cross over a small bridge, the campground will be on your right side, up the hill !!

TIP: Once you are on Rte 23, watch your speed through the small towns !!! We've all got nailed.. Dozens of tickets !!

Happy Motoring !!
Moj'
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2006 at 3:44pm
I cruised the 80 route yesterday heading to IA and it wasn't too bad, a little slow a the toll booths, just need to hang in the left lanes to catch 294 from 80 but once I was past the toll booths where they split 80 east was a mess, maybe it ws just because of the race, but it was backed up 4-5 miles.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2006 at 4:42pm
Chris,
That area is always like that !! No way around it unless you left at midnight !! I came back from Monticello, IN over the 4th via 394 from 41 to save a little time, but not much because of that exact area..
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2006 at 2:35pm
CLEARED TO GO!!!!!

As most of you know I had major back surgery on the 19th of July. Unfortunately, the wound developed a staff infection, and I again had an emergency surgery on the 30th. Besides the obvious disappointment, my wife and I were both really looking forward to the Green Lake trip.

Well, just got back from the doctors. The intraveneous antibiotics are working, and the Doctor gave me permission to travel to Green Lake (won't let me drive or go back to work yet, but hey, got to have priorities here).

Anyway, my wife and I are thrilled that we will get a chance to meet so many of you this weekend. Looking forward to seeing all the great boats and meeting all the great people. Can't wait. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2223242526>
  Share Topic