Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake Reunion Dates SET!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2122232425 26>
Author
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2006 at 9:50am
Originally posted by PLBC PLBC wrote:

Bump, a week and a half to go.

Dave, I never emailed you but I will be bringing a set of the bean bag game.

OK, Fantastic... Anyone else ??? Except for "Lawn Darts"... I think they finally outlawed those things on account of the lack of human intellegence once intoxicated !!

Yep, we are almost here folks.. Putting the final touches on things here now.. Magicman is updating the schedule of events Which again starts with a kick off in Deacon Mills Park, downtown Green Lake on Friday night.. Certain boats will be in the park for your viewing pleasure, registration packets will be handed out, announcements will be made about the activities for the weekend and the lake basics.. Then it's talk boats and wait till "Teacher's Pet" gets set up at the Goose Blind for some Rock-n-roll !!!

Again, any last minute questions, please contact me @d.dorsen@worldnet.att.net or by phone, 630-842-4124...

Get ready, it's going to be a riot!!!

Moj
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2006 at 7:47am
Still here Mojo,
Lot of last minute phone calls this week to firm up the schedule, I'll e-mail you end of the week but everythings cool.

What a great weekend out with the kids, just about ran the boat out of gas sunday. 7:00 am I'm waiting for everyone to wake up so we can head out again, think I'll go make some noise in the kitchen and get em all going.

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2006 at 2:26pm
Still adding, see you in a week Chad.

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2006 at 2:34pm
Anyone have a good suggestion on the best way to by-pass Chicago or go through the Windy city coming from the east, heading north to GL, WI?
ccskier16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccskier16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2006 at 2:52pm
Stay away from the Dan Ryan and Skyway. I went east through there two weeks ago to Detroit. It was hell! On my return west I took 80 to 294. There was construction on 80 in Illinois but after that it was smooth sailing.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2006 at 4:35pm
I know there are ferries that run somewhere in MI to Milwaukee, might be worth some research.
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2006 at 4:50pm
Definitely avoid the dan ryan (94). I agree with ccskier16, 80 to 294 is a better option. There will be construction and slooowww moving traffic on 80 for a few miles but once on 294 there shouldn't be a problem (unless you are on it during rush hour(s). To totally avoid Chicago, you could take 80 west to 39 N(turns into 90 after Rockford) and head straight up through Rockford, IL and Madison, WI. Or there are a bunch of other options. somebody that lives down south of the city might have a better idea.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2006 at 4:59pm
I know about the construction on I-80 already been throu there a couple of times, so it looks like 65 to 80 to 294 unless someone else has a suggestion, I realy wanted to avoid the construction area on 80 without getting into more traffic. Thanks
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2006 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

I know about the construction on I-80 already been throu there a couple of times, so it looks like 65 to 80 to 294 unless someone else has a suggestion, I realy wanted to avoid the construction area on 80 without getting into more traffic. Thanks

79, That route is your best bet and it's not bad if you do it mid day. Definately not rush hour am or pm. It will take you atleast an extra hour to get through the construction so best thing I do is plan for it and that way I don't get crazy and want to start running people off the road. I also never drink coffee before driving it so I can just try to mellow and deal with it.

I think any alternate routes west and then north up 39 would be way too far out of your way. I've gone west from Indy, I think it's 74 over to 39 and man that's a long drive to save a little time in traffic. Not worth it in my book.

Good luck, take your time and know that we'll have a nice cold beer waiting for ya when you get in.

ccskier16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccskier16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2006 at 5:42pm
You could take the Lake Express from Muskegon to Milwaukee but it is damn expensive. You would be looking at about $250 one way for two people, truck, and trailer. My time is worth alot, but not that much.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2006 at 8:14pm
coming back from Monticello this past weekend, we took 65 to rte 10, past Roselawn to Rte 41 N to rte 2 which turns into I 394 around Beecher, IL. That takes you to I80 right at the first Oasis. Still could see some back up, but at least not 25 miles from Rte 65. Check it out on a map.. We've taken it for years.. Lake Schafer to my house in the far western burbs (2-1/2 hours)...

Moj'
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2006 at 9:25pm
I'll be coming from South Bend. I've been in Chicago the last 2 weekends, and the Dan Ryan has been a horrible disaster. The Skyway has never been backed up westbound for me, but eastbound is pretty brutal. I NEVER take 294 down and around the city because it seems like the back up at the state line is always the worst traffic I encounter. However, this time I might take it because the lanes on the Skyway in the construction are narrow enough to make me nevous in the car...let alone with trailer in tow.

By the way...anyone from Illinois might be able to help me with this.

My wife and I have an I-Pass because her whole family lives in the suburbs. I can't use that with the trailer attatched, can I? It would be great if I could!!
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2006 at 9:45pm
Technically.... No.

(I assume you are talking about the moving toll lanes)
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2006 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by rleinen79 rleinen79 wrote:

I'll be coming from South Bend. I've been in Chicago the last 2 weekends, and the Dan Ryan has been a horrible disaster. The Skyway has never been backed up westbound for me, but eastbound is pretty brutal. I NEVER take 294 down and around the city because it seems like the back up at the state line is always the worst traffic I encounter. However, this time I might take it because the lanes on the Skyway in the construction are narrow enough to make me nevous in the car...let alone with trailer in tow.

By the way...anyone from Illinois might be able to help me with this.

My wife and I have an I-Pass because her whole family lives in the suburbs. I can't use that with the trailer attatched, can I? It would be great if I could!!

When there was I-pass in the regular lanes, before open road tolling, the attandants told me that it does work in the automated lanes !!! Somehow it counted the number of axles !!! I'll find out and post this answer for sure once I find out...

Good Question !!

Moj'
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2006 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by ccskier16 ccskier16 wrote:

You could take the Lake Express from Muskegon to Milwaukee but it is damn expensive. You would be looking at about $250 one way for two people, truck, and trailer. My time is worth alot, but not that much.

More than that! $130 for 8' of trailer, plus $5 a foot after that. Figure that's $200 right there, plus $90 a person. All round trip prices, but man, THAT'S A LOT OF MONEY!!!

Thanks Mojo, for checking on that I-Pass. That would save me a ton of time (and gas) to breeze through the tolls without stopping. Only a week and a half to go!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2006 at 9:17am
Last minute Help item..........

We are in need of 2 warming trays like you would see at a buffet. Steamer type with sterno holders underneath.   This is to keep the pork warm.

If anyone can come up with 2 please let me know before I rent some for the weekend.

Thanks

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2006 at 9:20am
they sale a wire rack to use with foil trays for the purpose you want to use them for. I'm pretty sure you can pick them up at GFS if you have one in your area they're pretty cheap and disposiable.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2006 at 9:46am
All this prep talk is making me very jealous since I can't make it out there this year, luckily I am picking up my "new" 1983 2001 project boat this weekend to console me...

Everyone have a great time,
Joe.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2006 at 6:39pm
Scottb is on board, last minute signups pretty cool.

Scott, Was that you on the Illinois River, Morris this past weekend?
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2006 at 8:20pm
Welcome Chad and Scott!

One week and it's finally happening....look forward to meet everyone!

Everyone...travel safe...and lets get to the fun stuff!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2006 at 7:47am
Just another reminder to those attending the reunion with your boats. Make sure you are "legal". theres a very goood chance the DNR guys will be in the area..

So, Dont forget your current registration, a life vest for everyone in the boat, a throwable flotation devise, fire extinguisher,etc....

Maybe mojo can help if any other required equipment needed on the lake?

Get ready for an awesome time!!!! See ya all next week!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2006 at 7:50am
I hope I get my trailer finished this week-end
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2006 at 8:11am
79nautique,

Im in the same boat! I hope i get my trailer done?

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2006 at 8:24am
Hey Paul,

All you had to do was put your boat on the trailer, it was ready to go!

Sounds like a great time, hope you all enjoy the weekend!
Greg

86 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2006 at 8:25am
I've got two of them but I've been redoing the one I got from corey and hopefully my buddy is getting the running boards done so i can get the new bunk carpet, tires and bearing spacked, the safety chains and winch mounted then I have to get the boat on that trailer and hope I measured right for the prop gaurd.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2006 at 9:36am
Couple of answers I've owed:

1. I-pass, for use on the Illinois Tollways can be used only if you have a class(7) for single axle and or a class (8) for dual axle transponders !!! If you have a standard I-Pass for your car without these special classes, the toll receivers will not be able to read the trailer axles and subsequently will not deduct the right amount for your trailer. You can call 1-800-824-7277 for further details..

2. Yes, the DNR will probably be in full force, especially knowing from the town that we will be there.. Please take 62Wood's advise and be completely up to speed with your registrations, and fire extinguishers. Also, for every person, there needs to be an equal number of life jackets on board, along with a throwable in plain site ready for use.

I will give everyone a brief overview of the lake and restrictions once we all arrive on Friday night, Sat morn..

That is all....

Moj'
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2006 at 9:53am
do we need to buy any kind of launch permit for the lake, or is there a feee to put in?

So the check list goes like

current boat regestration
fire extinguisher
whisle/air horn
paddle/oar
throwable life preserver/cushion
life jackets for everyone/capacity of boat
working nav lights
working horn
camo/coolie for the cold pops AKA BEER
anchor and line
cooler for cold pops
extra cold pops to restock boat cooler

Oh did I mention cold POP
that should cover it.

Oh need the wakeboard and ski rope too and the kid, tent, chairs, flashlite, breakfast food.....emmmm cold pop oh and dew for the young'n

that should cover it.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2006 at 10:06am
Yep All that in an 18' Ski boat, always a challenge.

There is a box at all the boat launches with a sign that says $4 launch fee. It is listed as a donation and goes toward maintaining the launch areas. Some pay and some don't. The launch ramps are well maintained so the $4 is very reasonable.
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2006 at 10:22am
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Yes, that was me. I figured that might be you.

Had to wait this long to sign up to make sure the wife was on board. We just had another little boy on June 1. I'm not bringing my boat, but my brother will probably have his Super Sport out there. He has a place on Little Green lake, which is about 10mi south of Green lake.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2006 at 10:59am
Originally posted by scottb scottb wrote:

Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Yes, that was me. I figured that might be you.

Had to wait this long to sign up to make sure the wife was on board. We just had another little boy on June 1. I'm not bringing my boat, but my brother will probably have his Super Sport out there. He has a place on Little Green lake, which is about 10mi south of Green lake.

Yeah, Congratulations, I remember meeting you a couple months ago and the wife was getting close, glad everyones doing well and timing worked out for you. See you next week.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2122232425 26>
  Share Topic