NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Footin with the PLBC boys

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 11>
Author
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 7:39pm
Here is Kurt - Johnny - Kevin

Johnny didn't make it

Another try
Kevin - Johnny - Kurt

Johnny was bouncing back and forth on the start and once he took Kurt out he stood up.

This next shot you can see Hollywood starting to lift his leg like a dog, ho got his foot all the way up to kick Johnny and Johnny pushed his foot away, funny stuff and they both stayed up.

We finished up about 3pm and of course the water gla$$ed up once we were done.

nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 9:31pm
ohhhh Awesome pics guys... completely jealous!!! where are you guys @ again? I'm in if u need a 4th... i may be too young though...just a few months off 21...

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 9:50pm
Nate,

You are on the other team with the rest of the punk kids.

We are in the suburbs North of Chicago or as the PLBC boy's like to put it, "Just below the Cheddar Curtain"
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 10:12pm
Man I gotta meet you PLBC dudes. You guys are just like the West Shore Water Ski Club of 20 years ago. I wanna do deeps on a tower. Must get a nice up pull.

Larry: Knew you would have pics for the occasion. What are them funny suits those dudes are wearin'? Where are the cut-offs? I am 55, to old to get in on the fun??

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 11:21pm
Great job plbcers. Thanks for the great pics. I do agree that shirts, ties and fake mustaches would be the coolest.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2006 at 9:16am
Originally posted by The Dude The Dude wrote:

Great job plbcers. Thanks for the great pics. I do agree that shirts, ties and fake mustaches would be the coolest.

check out the "very old but waiting for a nice makeover" website to see some of that. I sport a real mustache every now and then.

www.plboatclub.com
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2006 at 10:36am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

This next shot you can see Hollywood starting to lift his leg like a dog, ho got his foot all the way up to kick Johnny and Johnny pushed his foot away, funny stuff and they both stayed up.

I was trying to give Johnny some "sweet chin music", he then grabbed my foot and tried to bite it before tossing it away.

Quinner: If we do ski this sunday there will be some awesome falls, we will definitely be hungover.

Stay tuned...
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2006 at 10:38am
Great shots quinner. Nice to see a sweet boat like yours pulling three bare footers from the tower. Very nice.

I think we have the making for a 'show' next year at Green Lake.

I can tell you from meeting Quinner, Kurt, Johnny, and Kevin earlier this summer - they are all great guys and an absolute riot.
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2006 at 11:03am
BTW - gotta love the fishermen in the background of one of those photos

Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2006 at 11:23am
Question,

How come when you long line BF, you're not getting spray up your suit, into your face? I always have an issue with too much spray on my body. What am I doing wrong?

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2006 at 11:24am
LOL . That's great, Keith!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2006 at 11:42am
Ken,

Two possible suggestions:

1. Body position. Keep your knees bent, think sitting in a chair. The guy in the red suit probably has the best form.

2. Speed. You might have to throttle up a few MPH.

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2006 at 11:44am
Ken,

I am by far no expert but some basic things to look at:

Boat speed; should be about 10% of your weight + 20 = mph.
Position; look at Johnny in the last couple shots, very good position with no spray in face.
Stance; you should be riding on the balls of your feet.

If you want some real pointers check out Lane Bowers web site The Footers Edge lot's of good stuff there.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2006 at 11:47am
I agree with 75 Tique and quinner. Most likely it has to do with your foot position.

Calm water and the upwards pull of a pylon or tower help too!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2006 at 11:50am
I usually keep my legs more on the straight side and knees locked. The balls of my feet "chatter" in the water sometimes, which causes me to drink half the lake. Speed is 36-38 MPH, I'm 189 pounds. Obviously, my form is incorrect. This is why footn' has been discouraging for me. My legs and lower back are spent after a 80-100 yard run. Thanks for the advice.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2006 at 11:57am
I'll work on getting a still shot of me off of video tape and I'll post it. You guys will see what I'm talking about. I look nothing like you guys. My spray looks like a jet boat wake in my crotch.

Ken
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2006 at 11:59am
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

I usually keep my legs more on the straight side and knees locked.

Eeeek. The locked knees are causing your chattering problems. Also the straight legs will make you have to lean back to prevent catching a toe, which will cause you to ride on your heels more giving you that nasty spray.

Bend those knees, sit down and get more surface of your feet on the water, that will relieve the pressure and yield less spray.
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2006 at 12:14pm
Ken, form is probably your cause for spray. Jonboy in the red is sitting too much IMHO, he also usually takes the hardest falls.

how does it go, knees above ankles, hips above knees, shoulders over hips....?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2006 at 12:26pm
I'm always afraid I'm going to point my toes down if I go into a chair position. I tend to lean back to keep the front of my foot out of the water and toes up. I do ride with a lot of heal in the water. I'll work on more of a chair position the next time.

Ken
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2006 at 12:55pm
And I'll still be ready with the cooler when you all get done !!!!

Moj'
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2006 at 1:05pm
Mojo, I think I can see you far off in one of those pics. Looks like you need some help, so I will come over to help you & let these young bucks kill themselves. I think my footing days are behind me, unless of course we partake of a few too many before they get there & in that case I might feel a little cocky & try it again!
Greg

86 BFN
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2006 at 2:19pm
Quinner,

Other team?... Punk Kids!!?? well ok... i'll take that for now, but u just wait!! haha I just wish i could convince more of my friends to try footin', right now it's only my one buddy & I, the rest always seem to have some sort of an excuse "i don't think I can do it" "that's too fast" "i dont want my face ripped off!" blah blah blah!!

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2006 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by skicat skicat wrote:

Mojo, I think I can see you far off in one of those pics. Looks like you need some help, so I will come over to help you & let these young bucks kill themselves. I think my footing days are behind me, unless of course we partake of a few too many before they get there & in that case I might feel a little cocky & try it again!

Hell, I'll even hold the video camera with my non beer drinking hand.. LOL....
Moj'
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2006 at 3:21pm
I don't know much about footin' but I do know that knee bend is critical. Have a neighbor, now in his 50s, about 250lbs, and still competing into last year. The knees finally gave out, and he can't do it any more. His solution - now he only foots backward. BKH
Livin' the Dream

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2006 at 6:29pm
Just have to say this threads been a blast, thanks for the pics and the laughs. That brings back memories of crazy times.
Before this summer I hadn't foot'd in 15 years and only 2 runs in so far but I'm bringing a couple barefoot lines to Shelby and we'll see what happens.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2006 at 6:49pm
hell nate just start calling them Puss boy's and maybe they'll give it a try.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2006 at 9:55pm
Ken; I believe you need some personal instruction. Get to Central Florida ASAP!

I believe I can help you, if not, there is lots of B-Foot schools in Winter Haven. Ron Scarpa, Lane "Dawg" Bowers and more.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2006 at 8:42am
Awesome pics!! Boy am I glad you guys arent around here, because I would have to join in, or at least kill myself trying! All the best.

ernest
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2006 at 12:00pm
PLBC Boys on their way to the lake:

I spent about 20 minutes yesterday looking at the PLBC website. Pretty cool times were had. Looks like you guys are one big happy family!

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2006 at 12:01pm
Yes, John, you bet I'll be down your way for barefoot lessons!

Ken
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 11>
  Share Topic