NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SeaWorld CC Reunion No More

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SeaWorld CC Reunion No More
    Posted: February-19-2008 at 4:30pm
Just got off the phone with Woody @ SECC and hate to be the bearer off bad news but......
As Woody stated there will be no SeaWorld/ CC Reonion , plans were to move it to Cypress Gardens but this too has been nixxed.
The reunions have been removed from their budget for the 2008 year.Sounds like some major shakeups inside the corporate structure.Woody would not tell more than he knew , but will keep me posted on any changes being made .
This may be another bean counter move to reduce overhead and line the pockets of the Higher Ups inside.
Sounds like a SAD DAY AT RED ROCK.......
        Boat dr
Geno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2008 at 4:41pm
%$#*&^^%%@$#@*%$#$#@*&%$#@$!!!!!!!!!!

We should start our own. To heck with Seaworld - let's do it @ Guntersville.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2008 at 4:47pm
If it's a bean counter deal I can understand it. The economy sucks and CC has a brand new factory to pay for. Boat sales are soft.
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2008 at 5:14pm
Geno

I'm with you!
But where the hell is Gunterville?
I say we do it in White Lake, MI

Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2008 at 5:47pm
That's too bad. This will certainly give CCF.com more reunion exposure. Hey, why don't you all make the trip to GL? I hear that's a great time.

Ken
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2008 at 5:50pm
Tull,
You're already coming to GL08' right????

Yes, boat sales are in the tank for sure, and like most companies in this position have to cut out the fat to get through the year on the plus side.. It's not always about lining pockets.. CC and others expanding at the wrong time feel the same pressure I'm sure...

That's OK, CCFan reunions are going on strong.. It would be cool to set up a reunion in the South.. It would make us break our boats out earlier !!!! Reid, Jbear,,,,,, We know you could organize such the event down there....

Moj
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2008 at 6:23pm
Mojo

I wish. We've got the Central Regional Show Ski tournament that same weekend in Warsaw, IN. Trust me, if there was any way I could attend, I'd be rolling out of MI with Quigs(our team's President), 87BFN, and our three fishing boats.
I'd love to jump on the midwest barefoot line and help out against those southern boys.

Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2008 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

I'd love to jump on the midwest barefoot line and help out against those southern boys.

Im pretty sure its us northeast guys they have to worry about!

Im sure not upset that CC wont be hosting any reunions. Unless you were local, I just dont see what the attraction was. Rather than sitting in a parking lot, Id rather be out on the lake. Sounds like a great opportunity for the reunions sponsored by this site to grow. Hopefully CC will step up and offer their support!
Geno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2008 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

Geno

I'm with you!
But where the hell is Gunterville?
I say we do it in White Lake, MI

Steve

About an hour North of Birmingham, AL.

I'd have to have my boat shipped up there, buy a plane ticket and rent a truck.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2008 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Im sure not upset that CC wont be hosting any reunions. Unless you were local, I just dont see what the attraction was. Rather than sitting in a parking lot, Id rather be out on the lake. Sounds like a great opportunity for the reunions sponsored by this site to grow. Hopefully CC will step up and offer their support!

I too really wasn't ever that big on parking lot shows ! It always impressed me as more of a advertising and promo for CC. For those of you that have pre 1969 boats, there are lots of in water ACBS shows all over the country. Most have pre show water activities. ACBS.org has a calender of events.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2008 at 10:00pm
Geno, If we keep after it we can make a gathering in the south happen! Lanier is great when it's a little closer to full. It's even up 2' in the last month. Only thing is Skicat will be in the neighborhood...

1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2008 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

The reunions have been removed from their budget for the 2008 year.Sounds like some major shakeups inside the corporate structure. This may be another bean counter move to reduce overhead and line the pockets of the Higher Ups inside.
Sounds like a SAD DAY AT RED ROCK.......
        Boat dr

The beginning of the end.Thats how it starts, some big shot comes in to tell everyone how to do it,and the next thing you know-
Here's the rollcall,AT&T, BSA Triumph,MG,Enron,MCI,Oldsmobile,Chris Craft,Shamrock, Switzer,Lucent,Kmart etc.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2008 at 10:28pm
Jbear, time to belly up to the plate .......
A southern reunion is now needed in your backyard.Green Lake is a little too far for Karen and I , but Orlando is only 12 hrs. away.
Time is near for a new venue on the CCFan calender.I will do what I can in the way of getting the ball rolling.
Do we have any ideas or locations that would fit our small needs????????
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2008 at 11:36pm
Well...I gotta make a few comments here...

First..Gary you know I am in agreement with you having lived thru the still ugly AT&T fiasco.

As much as I hate to...I gotta disagree with Tim. I never missed a Reunion in Ohio or here in Orlando. I have to guess you never went to one Tim as they were great. What a great time to see lots of different boats and tow packages. I may not be on the water quite as much as before but..in my Ohio ski club years I would bet I was on the water as much or more than most guys on here. Every weekend Friday thru Sunday rain or shine we could be found up at our ski site on Sandusky Bay. And I never regreted missing one day just to get together with lots of other C/C owners. We had a great time this year at Orlando and was a;ready looking forward to this years get together. There is just something about lining up all these great looking boats and meeting some of the owners.

So I guess we could find a "dusty parking lot" so we could still get together. C/CFAN has 2 very successful reunions now and this past weekend we had what could be the start of a 3rd. I belive we could draw some down to this area. Stay tuned.

Still...it is sad news. More change..always for the worse...I hate change.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 5:20pm
Hey Guys,
I can confirm that there will be no Correct Craft reunions this year ...

"With the recent acquisition of the regional service centers, Correct Craft is discussing how to re-invent the Owner's Reunions. This means there will most likely be no reunions this year as the company focuses on integration issues and streamlining the overall distribution process. Our intent is to come up with an event, perhaps even on the lake at the factory in Orlando once more infrastructure is in place, that creates a
family-fun environment for the Nautique enthusiast and exposes attendees to new model year products and our exciting development ideas for the future."

"Correct Craft is thrilled that CorrectCraftFan.com continues to help solidify and promote the Nautique brand with its own reunions. Schedule permitting, myself and Bill Yeargin, President and CEO hope to be able to attend one of these events to share firsthand in the buzz and excitement generated by having so many Nautique enthusiasts together at one time."

- Adam Lodge, Senior Director of Marketing, Correct Craft

All the more reason to sign-up from the Green Lake or New England Reunions!

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 5:27pm
was that from their site Keith?
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

was that from their site Keith?

No, that was from an email conversation I had with Adam this morning.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

Schedule permitting, myself and Bill Yeargin, President and CEO hope to be able to attend one of these events to share firsthand in the buzz and excitement generated by having so many Nautique enthusiasts together at one time." -Adam Lodge

Uh-Oh..does that mean that we (let me restate that for you GL guys) YOU... might actually have to behave respectably so as to not tarnish the good CC name?

Anyway, its nice (especially for Keith) to have that kind of recognition and support of this little band of merry men (and women). Once again, kudos to you Keith.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 7:06pm
I had a pretty honest conversation with Adam about the Reunions and he seemed to think neither he nor Bill would have any issues with people having a good time and being themselves.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 7:16pm
That is awesome news. Wow. Is it July yet?
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Is it July yet?

No kidding Joel, but I gotta say that daily visits to this site and going down to the garage to tinker with the boat a couple times a week, does seem to make the winter go by a little faster. Especially when you look at the calendar and look at the unfinished projects and wonder if they are going to be done by mid may.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 7:23pm
Unfinished, haven't even started any. I may go ice skating out on Lake Michigan today, no I'm not joking.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 7:44pm
Keith,
Don't forget to charge those two for the dinners !!!! I mean it. No free rides ....

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

I may go ice skating out on Lake Michigan today, no I'm not joking.

HOLLYWOOD ON ICE

Boy, the images I see with that!

Greg

86 BFN
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

I had a pretty honest conversation with Adam about the Reunions and he seemed to think neither he nor Bill would have any issues with people having a good time and being themselves.

-Keith

That's because it's a reflection on you Keith, not them. Is there going to be dinner at the same restaurant in Limerick this year?
Geno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 12:06am
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

Geno, If we keep after it we can make a gathering in the south happen! Lanier is great when it's a little closer to full. It's even up 2' in the last month. Only thing is Skicat will be in the neighborhood...

Honestly - let's see what we can get going. I'm a new CC owner and an accidental one at that but I can't tell you how much I wanted to go to Orlando and show off my new baby - even though I found her in a shop in tarps she's still my baby now.

I've always owned boats that were perfectly serviceable (bunch of alumacrafts from ancient to modern, a wonderful Stratos fish n ski, an absolutely great Penn Yann that I could kill myself for selling even if I got an insane price for her and a Renken that was a good boat overall) but never one with the following that CC's have. I'm proud to be a part of that following and somewhat embarrassed to admit that I never would have owned her if I had to actually pay for her.

I'm more than willing to do what it takes to make it happen and looking forward to being in on it at the beginning.

Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Jbear, time to belly up to the plate .......
A southern reunion is now needed in your backyard.Green Lake is a little too far for Karen and I , but Orlando is only 12 hrs. away.
Time is near for a new venue on the CCFan calender.I will do what I can in the way of getting the ball rolling.
Do we have any ideas or locations that would fit our small needs????????

Guntersville is my first submission but I'm open to any location within a day's drive. Lanier would be fine if she'll fill back up (USACOE could have kept her full but they were absolutely inept), any of the semi-clean lakes in AL will work or any of the lakes in FL so long as they aren't too crazy far south or brackish (no salt for my baby).
Geno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 12:10am
If we do ATL we can hit the Cheetah Club. We have several old girlfriends that dance there - the show may not be family friendly but it would be fun and the wife absolutely LOVES that club.

Don't tell anyone I said that.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 1:54am
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

That's because it's a reflection on you Keith, not them. Is there going to be dinner at the same restaurant in Limerick this year?

Still working out those details but I'm pretty sure. Not many other options in Limerick. I hope we can move to the other room this year.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 9:39am
Geno, you're a trip! I can see a CCFan reunion at the cheetah now, ....   
ROFL
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 10:14am
If it's after August, I'm in!

Question, how do you guys box the quotes? I'm not that good on this Commodore 64, so help me out.

Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic