FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Great Weekend in FL!

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Great Weekend in FL!
    Posted: May-05-2008 at 7:25pm
I just got back this morning from an amazing extended weekend in Florida. A few months ago, I had scheduled a trip down to visit Correct Craft headquarters in Orlando. Of course I was hoping to do some other visiting while I was down and, if I was lucky, get in some early season skiing/footing. Well, after spending the weekend with the likes of backfoot100, Jbear, Keith St. Onge, and Bill Yeargin, it’s safe to say the weekend far exceeded my wildest expectations.

Eddie (backfoot100) and his lovely wife Joanne where kind enough to let me stay with them at their home in Winter Heaven. After getting to Eddie's house around 8:30 Thursday night, I was greeted with warm dinner and an evening of great conversation. The next morning, Eddie and I were up at 6:30 am and on the water by 7:00 to get in a few slalom and barefoot passes before I headed out for Orlando.

At Correct Craft, I had some very productive meetings with Adam Lodge and Bill Yeargin. We discussed CCF, the reunions, and many exciting ideas for the future. There is no question that Correct Craft appreciates what this site does for them, their dealers, customers and potential buyers. We hope to be able to build greater synergy between CCF and Correct Craft, all while maintaining the independence and freedom that makes this site so successful.

Following my meetings with Adam and Bill, I then spent a few hours with Dave Hendricks (Correct Craft customer service). Just as he had done at my last visit to Correct Craft, Dave took me downstairs to production. This trip I got a sneak peek of the ’09 boats, the new PCM Cat engine and much, much more. There are some real exciting things happening at Correct Craft and wait till you see the color and graphic options for ’09!

Saturday Eddie and I where back on the water early, tinkered with the boat during the day and got back on the water in the afternoon, this time with Eddie’s daughter Cristen. We managed to wrap up just before Keith St. Onge arrived for dinner. Eddie knows Keith (who also lives in Winter Haven) and arranged to have him over while I was there. Keith had with him the infamous Swampy (his cousin and trainer) and some other good friends. It was a great night which concluded with an invitation to go barefooting with Keith the next day. Sunday morning Eddie and I headed over to Keith’s ski school and got some personal instruction from Keith and then he and I took a pass together off the boom. It was quite a morning.

Yesterday afternoon I got a chance to finally meet John (Jbear) and his wife Patti as they came over to Eddie’s straight from Ft. Lauderdale after getting off a cruise ship. I got in a few more sets with Eddie and John late last night before it got dark and we had to call it quits.

It was a incredible weekend full of many great stories. There are far too many details to include here but below are a few pictures. A very special thank you to Eddie and Joanne for opening up their home to me and for making me feel so welcome. Also a big thank you to Keith St. Onge. Keith is just a great person and extremely humble. You'd never know he’s the current World Champion and holder of two barefooting world records. And thak you to John and Patti for going out of their way to make sure to see me before I headed home.

Enjoy the photos,
-Keith

Early morning at boat launch with Eddie's boat:

Eddie (backfoot100) powerslide:

Eddie dry-land practice with Keith St. Onge:

Working on tumbles with Keith:

My first toe-hold with Keith's help - on trainers (seconds before I bite it):

Eddie working on backward one-foots with Keith:

Eddie working on back-to-front with Keith - on trainers:

I'm footing with Keith St. Onge off the booom(1):

I'm footing with Keith St. Onge off the booom(2):

Keith and I:

John (jbear) footing with Eddie driving:

John:

Eddie:

Eddie, myself and John:

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2008 at 7:38pm
Looks like great fun Keith. Wish I could keep up with the old guys! Just kidding Eddie, I was talking about Jbear.
Greg

86 BFN
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2008 at 7:52pm
Wow, that looks like an awesome time!
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2008 at 1:11am
Keith - What a great ambassador you are to represent us vintage owners. I would love to visit the CC factory some day!

Chris
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2008 at 12:07pm
Awesome fellas! Thanks for sharing the photos.
-Brad
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2008 at 12:58pm
Did Bill mention when they were going to can the 196?
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2008 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Did Bill mention when they were going to can the 196?

When? I hope they don't discontinue their flagship boat. Bow riders are so overrated. Doesn't CC sell a lot of 196's?
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2008 at 1:32pm
IMO, it's only a matter of time unfortunately. The competition sells alot of open bow boats that have terrific performance characteristics. I hope they never '86 it but I'm guessing it's inevitable.

I talked about it extensively a while back, HERE.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2008 at 2:02pm
I didn't specifically discuss the future of the 196 with Bill or Adam, but I'd be surprised if it was discontinued any time soon. I can tell you that sales for direct drive boats, compared to v-drive, have increased over last year. I don't have the actually 196 numbers but I know the 196 is a big part of those direct drive units.

When I was there, I saw the coolest looking '09 196 that was being made for the '09 brochure. The throw-back color options and cool new graphics for '09 are really sweet. At least in the short-term, the 196 is still a integral part of the CC product line.

I will ask this specific question to Adam and Bill and see what they have to say.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2008 at 2:14pm
I think it would be a huge mistake for them to discontinue that boat. It's such a great boat and a big part of their identity.

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2008 at 2:16pm
I agree. That's really encouraging news Keith! Can't wait to see the 09's now.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

66Skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66Skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2008 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

The throw-back color options and cool new graphics for '09 are really sweet.

Throw-back color options sound interesting.

Glad to hear your meeting w/ CC went well. Looks like you all had a great time on the water.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Kyle
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2008 at 6:17pm
Cool pics, glad someone else has gone down there to hang and ski with those guys it's a great time.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2008 at 6:20pm
Keith, How'd you fix that shirt?
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2008 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Keith, How'd you fix that shirt?

The magic of Photoshop.
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2008 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

The throw-back color options and cool new graphics for '09 are really sweet.-Keith

Man, I hope they bring back the scheme of a beige hull with brown and orange stripes. Very cool!

Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2008 at 7:42pm
Hey,
Just saw this thread...
What can I say... makes me long even more for July 2009!!
Looks so cool with JBear and Eddie...
I really hope yo meet a few of the FL guys when I'll come over
I hope I will also be able to make a tour at the Correct Craft factory.
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2008 at 1:15am
Don't worry Kristof...we are already planning your visit.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2008 at 11:32am
It was big fun having Keith here. I know that he wanted to try and get together with others in the area like MM, Blondie and Adam. Unfortunately, the availability of John, Keith St. Onge and the good folks at CC together with Keith's limited time here really put a crimp in those plans. I certainly have to apologize to MM, Blondie and anyone else who Keith didn't get a chance to see while here. Seems like we hogged him all to ourself, but it certainly wasn't intentional. Just the way that things happened to work out.

Kristof, we're certainly looking forward to your visit as John stated. We'll be more than happy to show you a little american hospitality.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2008 at 12:55pm
Sounds like an awesome trip Keith, definitely Jealous...

All i want to see is a new 196 w/ 70's Script "Ski Nautique" on the side...that's my dream....haha

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2008 at 12:22am
Keith, what does John's hair look like in person?

just kidding though, seems like you had a great time!!!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2008 at 12:28am
Looks just like the pictures Luciano.

Hey Greg...thanks for the old guy props. I tried hard to keep up with Johhny and Hollywood when at Reid's. What a weekend remember? Oh yeah...I forgot your picture is up in the post offices in NC.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2008 at 1:23am
Originally posted by nates78ski nates78ski wrote:

All i want to see is a new 196 w/ 70's Script "Ski Nautique" on the side...that's my dream....haha

Like this Nate?

nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2008 at 3:37am
a little longer, but yeah...I think that'd be awesome if they wanted to do a retro graphic like that. I'd start saving my pennies now...Good work Tim, Thanks for puttin that together

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2008 at 5:26am
Originally posted by backfoot100 backfoot100 wrote:

It was big fun having Keith here. I know that he wanted to try and get together with others in the area like MM, Blondie and Adam. Unfortunately, the availability of John, Keith St. Onge and the good folks at CC together with Keith's limited time here really put a crimp in those plans.

...as long as Jbear got to go footin'...no harm done...all's well!!!
-Adam

1973 Skier
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2008 at 8:16pm
Eddie, John,

I do not doubt your hospitality for a minute Chantal and I are convinced it will be a holiday to never forget!

Thanks guys,
Chantal & Kristof
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

JCole View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2008 at 11:52pm
Wow what a great group of people on this site. It is so nice how all you guys welcome people in, and show such great Southern Hospitality. It looks like you guys had a great time with Keith's visit. We hope to hit the water this weekend with the Mustang. My husband and kids are giving me a night out to spend the night with my mom at the lake house, and then my brother and I will get some skiing in early Sat am. What a great Mother's day gift to get to spend time with my mom and then skiing with my brother. Then back home Sat night for a cookout with the rest of the family, and time with my kids and husband. Thanks Keith for sharing the pictures. They were great.
Jane
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2008 at 12:00am
With the weekend you got planned...I bet your Dad is smileing.

Get some pictures of that boat and your crew on here.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

JCole View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2008 at 12:18am
I certainly will J-Bear. I appreciate how you always remember my dad. I wish you could have met him, although you probably would have never got away from him with the way he loved to talk about these CC boats. I was reading where you and Patti just got back from a cruise. Hope you both had a great time. I will work on the pictures.
Jane
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2008 at 12:29am
Yes we did Jane. We had a great time but it was a couple days to long. Posted a picture of my idea of a cruise before we left...was a picture of us goin' upriver fast in our '98 at the lake in Tennessee.

I'll get to talk boats with your Dad someday.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic