NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Graphics

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Graphics
    Posted: November-27-2007 at 7:15pm
Adam, I still feel that the black plastic painted white and the top sanded off to make the lettering black would be appropriate. Plus, they are available.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2007 at 2:17pm
well I got hamerd on this years ago, but when I first bought my 79SN it did have the script metal ones on it, might have been replacements, might not, don't know. But I do know that the holes did not line up when I got the chrome/black replacements compared to what was there and they match closer to what Pat posted as org for his.

Now for those of you that keep putting off installing those new plastic emblems for fear of breaking them. This is what I did and they never broke for 5 years even taking a dock hit that scratched the one pretty good. But go to the hardware store get a tube of clear sealant in the caulking area. Apply a thin layer over the complete back surface before you mount them and wipe off the excess around the edges and your done and they will not break. Most of the time it's the water riping them off when you slow down or take off, so if they are glued to the side of the boat and sealed so water can't get behind them to ripe them off.
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2007 at 12:53pm
Sounds great Tim . Sorry about the misunderstanding .
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2007 at 11:32am
Originally posted by p/allen p/allen wrote:

Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Id say add the metal (or chromed plastic) Correct Craft script emblems- those would have been original.

Sorry Tim I cant support you on this one .

Pat, I was talking about the earlier metal emblems that were used through '71. I didnt realize they made the switch for '72.

Good info on the differences between the white/black and chrome/black plastic emblems. I think we all assumed they only varied in color.

I may have to take some dimensions off your waterline stripe next year!
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2007 at 1:32am
Quote Trbenj;(Id say add the metal (or chromed plastic) Correct Craft script emblems- those would have been original.)

Sorry Tim I cant support you on this one .

I cant get a very good picture of the chrome one , which is new and I refuse to use . The first pic is of the chrome , good-ebay and broken original . You dont see as many with the white letters .

I tried to put them on top of each other so you could see the difference . Notice that every letter is different and the mounting holes, none are the same .

Hopefully this will give you an idea how different they are . A dead give away is the bottom of the (f) . Check white Lake Marine you will see .

White Lake emblem
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2007 at 12:45am
And so the mystery is solved. You were right Tim.
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2007 at 12:32am
Thanks Tim for the support.

Sorry guys . the title for the topic did not intrest me untill today .

My boot stripe is 100% original . It is not paint . It is vinyl tape that you can get at west marine . They have 2 different thicknesses.

I bought the boat from an old man that was pushing 70 back in 94 .He was the original owner . He was way past the point of caring about the boat . It sat on the shore for atleast 2 years that I can remember .This guy was not very ambitious at all . So I dont think he would have put it on . As a matter of fact I think he did more fishing than boating.

If any one is going to need correct emblems for this era of boat I would not buy the new ones they are terribly different . I will take pics and post . The best thing to do is to watch Ebay then, good luck . The reason that my boat doesnt have any on is because they were broken and it looked better without .
I did have some before GL. but didnt put them on , for fear of the being broken . I looked for nearly 10 years before I was able to find some that I could buy .
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2007 at 11:19pm
That sounds much better then working.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2007 at 11:15pm
Right you are again...he isn't on much. BUt he is doing just fine. Like I said...we footed Friday and then took our wives out to dinner and a movie and finished the evening at his house drinking bourbon and coke and watching old show ski vids from their days with Badgerland. Awesome evening!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2007 at 11:12pm
Jbear
If I get a week end off work I just may have to take you and Eddie up on your offer. Speaking of Eddie we have not heard from him in awhile.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2007 at 11:10pm
Right you are...but sometimes some fun stuff goes on here when guys are bored in the house.

And as always...if ANY C/CFANS get real bored...me and Eddie ain't put our boats away. Footed the day after Thanksgiving and already made our plans today for this Saturday. As they say on tv "c'mon down"

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2007 at 2:32pm
It's winter time for lots of us, so CCFan seems to be put on the back burner until about Feb or March. I know I hate this time of year the site is a little slow on new topics.
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2007 at 2:35am
Where is Pat anyway...how do I get his attention??? I still want to know if his "BOOT TOP" is in the original position!?!?
-Adam

1973 Skier
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2007 at 2:30am
Yep, took the boat out yesterday for a run, it's been a month since we've been out. I'll have to change my tag line, could only get her to 42-43 mph.
It's the original speedo, and from some of the reading I've done, they're not so accurate anyway are they???
Who knows how fast/ slow I'm going?!? but it sure feels great!!!
-Adam

1973 Skier
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2007 at 6:07pm
So would that make a reborn CC owner???
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2007 at 6:08pm

Out of curiousity, were you able to find black Correct Craft step pads, or generic ones? If CC, where did you get them?

Generic ones But in my defense, I purchased and installed them prior to knowing that CorrectCraftFan.com ever existed!!!But now I see the light!!!
-Adam

1973 Skier
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2007 at 9:53pm
Pat! We've been looking for you and just noticed you posted in another thread. I wanted to bring this back to the top in the hopes you would see it. We have been debating wether or not the accent strip on your boat is original and or in the original location. Several postings above are the pictures.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2007 at 6:55pm
Quick thread jack, Eric check your email tonight.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2007 at 12:45pm
I dont have my camera or i'd snap one, but it does have a pump which it is not a gear pump, it is ecentric with 7 springs and small puck like pieces, not vanes but the same principal as a vane pump...its pretty unique. you could easily drop a borg in place because the stack-up is the same, 4" flange, only thing is you would have to run a different damper
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2007 at 12:33pm

Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

I thought Riley's was a later version and had it's own pump because he said it had ATF in it.

Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

Im doing Rileys now, it does have its own oil pump unlike the one pictured which must run off engine oil pressure.

Tim, My wording was off! When I said "thought", I was confirming that Rileys had the self contained pump. The picture of the dual cav pump was just for Erik's benefit to show what the early versions were driven from.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2007 at 12:19pm

I thought Riley's was a later version and had it's own pump because he said it had ATF in it.

Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

Im doing Rileys now, it does have its own oil pump unlike the one pictured which must run off engine oil pressure.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2007 at 11:54am
I did think Riley's was a later version and had it's own pump because he did said it had ATF in it.

The ones that ran off the engine oil had this dual cavity pump on the engine. One side for the engine lube and the other side for the trans.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2007 at 11:41am
thats identical to the one i rebuilt for Mike at sun in fun, its in a century, inovaters of the down angle???
Im doing Rileys now, its dam close to a BW on the spec sheet except for the input shaft, it does have its own oil pump unlike the one pictured which must run off engine oil pressure. i would think the boat companies approached ford engineering and they are the ones that came up with the dearbo...and then they were manufactured by company x, you know what i mean....
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2007 at 10:55am
Sorry Eric I don't know him. Was he in the businees of restoration or was he doing his own boat? It sounds like he's been around for awhile but, on the other hand there are lots who have jumped into the "restoration" business in the past few years. It's why I always caution people who want a boat done to really do the research on whoever they are looking at.

Here's a late 50's Dearbo down angle. I'll bet everone here thinks PCM invented it!!! Not so!! It was rebuilt a couple years ago. Maybe it's the same one.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2007 at 10:23am
Pete, do you know a guy named Frank, who supposedly publishes a Century magazine? I was talking with a guy out of Cincinnati who owns Sun n Fun marine, his name is Mike, and he restores old century's, actually he is the guy i did the dearbo for a few years back
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2007 at 8:55am
Adam, That's the technique. I would however change one thing. Use a hard block (piece of wood) for sanding the paint off the top of the letters. I feel it will give you a sharper edge between the white and the black. The softer rubber block has a tendency to sand over the edges of the lettering.

The USA banners were coming from the factory in the early 70's on a lot of the models (my 70 Barracuda had them) However, I believe it was only the Tiques and Nautiques that had the AWSA decals. It was only for I'd say 4 or so years as I believe it had to do with the AWSA sanctioning those two boats.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2007 at 3:57am
DrCC Wrote:If you are handy with a spray can and a rubber sanding block. You could have a pair exactly like these for under 40 dollars.

Here's how. Order new emblems from either Southeast or Midwest Correct Craft. Go to your local hardware store and buy 1 spray can of "Krylon Fusion" (Dover White) a 3M Rubber Sanding Block, 1 sheet of 400 grit, 1 sheet of 600 grit 3M Wet sand paper. Clean and spray emblems dover white. Let dry for over 24 hours. Wet sand lettering w/block, thru the white, thru the chrome, and wah-la, instant black on white emblems.

PETE: I checked back through the site for that technique that you mentioned, this is it right?
Sound like something even a simpleton like me can do !!! I'm going for it!!!
But I gotta tell ya, I'm really thinking of the American Waterski Assn decals, I really love that vintage look they have.
I see what you say, CC was not known for their consistancy, were they?!?
-Adam

1973 Skier
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2007 at 12:45pm

Tim, I've been meaning to ask: How do you get two quotes from different posts just like you did above. Do you just click on each "quote" icon in each of the posts?

Thanks by the way for pointing out that Adams boat has been painted. Missed it!

I just copy/paste or edit the code.

Still waiting for Pat to chime in- I got to see his boat up close and it looks all original to me. Just the way I like it!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2007 at 12:28pm
Tim, I've been meaning to ask: How do you get two quotes from different posts just like you did above. Do you just click on each "quote" icon in each of the posts?

Thanks by the way for pointing out that Adams boat has been painted. Missed it!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2007 at 11:31am

Has your boat been painted?

Originally posted by adamt adamt wrote:

The guy I bought it from painted it with automotive paint
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic