NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Correct Craft Reunion Angola?

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
Woj's 77 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woj's 77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Correct Craft Reunion Angola?
    Posted: August-18-2011 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

Sorry you are just getting into the reunion thing but you could always plan for next year and drive a couple hundred miles. We do it in New England and its worth the trip.

(not meant to sound offensive, just a suggestion)

Thanks for the "suggestion" but i'm not really looking to trailer my boat 1,000 miles for the weekend to the East Coast(Just not what I enjoy). If the Midwest reunion was closer and not at GL every year i'd probably be more into going. Also, Midwest Correct craft was just closed in 2008 after YEARS in business so there are MANY old and new Correct Craft owners in the area to meet with. I hope you enjoy the ECR.(not meant to sound offensive, just saying...)
Fastest Nautique in Indiana!

Modify it, original is just ordinary!

Bryan
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2011 at 4:51pm
Sorry you are just getting into the reunion thing but you could always plan for next year and drive a couple hundred miles. We do it in New England and its worth the trip.

(not meant to sound offensive, just a suggestion)
Woj's 77 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woj's 77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2011 at 12:49pm
I know this is an old thread but I'm seeing if there is any interest in just doing a "informal gathering" on Lake James. I'll be on the lake the next 3 weekends (Aug 19-21, Aug 26-28 & Sept 2-5th) and love to look over and talk old & new Correct Craft boats. If anyone is planning on being on this chain of lakes feel free to respond and we'll try to meet up!
Fastest Nautique in Indiana!

Modify it, original is just ordinary!

Bryan
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2010 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

Does Lake Wawasee have a bar/restaurant on it called The Frog?

Yes it does and they have a house boat converted for dinning and have diner cruises and party rentals too.

there is another resturaunt on the lake as well call the Channel Mark. I liked this place more than I did the frog food wise, now Friday or Saturday night during the season, party on at the frog, just watch out for the lake patrol on the way home.
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2010 at 5:39pm
Does Lake Wawasee have a bar/restaurant on it called The Frog?
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2010 at 5:13pm
Magic, I mentioned to them before about Green Lake, which of course is a little more than removed by distance to central Wisc, but I mean, there was guys flying around this little marina like I've never seen before... I ran into the owner a few times while I was there waiting to get some trailer lights repaired and a few short niceties while he was flying by with the walkie in his hands was about it...

Crazy busy. Now for sure it's got to be like pulling teeth to get these guys to participate..
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2010 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Well, I picked up my 211 from Wawasee.. Wholly crap this place was hopp'n.... No way to corner any decision makers about helping with reunion participation... Sorry, you'll have to make contact yourself.. Ask for Jim..

Moj'

Moj' That was always my problem with sponsorship from the dealers. If you hit them up in the winter they all cry that they're broke "come see me in the spring" Then you show up in the spring and they're so busy they can't give you the time of day. I get the message, just save me a trip next time.....
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2010 at 2:00pm
Well, I picked up my 211 from Wawasee.. Wholly crap this place was hopp'n.... No way to corner any decision makers about helping with reunion participation... Sorry, you'll have to make contact yourself.. Ask for Jim..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

connorssons View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2010 at 11:18am
Well Im In! who wants to help get this thing rolling? I live in coldwater and my name is Jeff my number is 269 506 1249, lets GO.
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2010 at 1:01am

And look at the great time we had at White Lake Marine this year.

Who's next ??
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2010 at 3:12pm
The guys at Wawasse are extremely nice and their facility is worth the trip to check out! Very cool place!
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2010 at 1:13pm
If I may......
I've gone back and read these posts (that started over a year ago)and with the interest of about 6 people, you would think that one or two of you can get together and plan this mini out... It's going to take the dedication of just one or two guys to see it through, or it's never going to happen..

Suggestions from someone that knows...

1. Just pick a date
2. Just pick a lake
3. Just pick one day of on or off water gathering
4. If you can't get the support from a local CC dealer for a larger event, then just "get together"...
5. Bring lots of beer and make it happen...

I've heard 18 different lakes being offered up... Pick one !!!!! Sand bars reign supreme for get togethers. Makes it easy to roam around, check out all the members boats and easy for kids to have some fun..

If you can tie this in with a local event, all the better.. Adam from CC would be a great to get on board as well..

I'm going to pick up my boat next weekend from Wawasee. I can talk with Jim and Dave and see if they would be interested in doing a demo and or provide some merchandise etc.. (I'll let you know)....

Creating a mini or major event, and I've mentioned this a dozen times, someone to just get it started... Look back at how the St. John's river run has exploded, look at what Ryan is doing in Dallas... Mini's don't stay "mini" for very long !!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{All it Takes is a date and a lake}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

For best results and more participation, keep it a couple of weeks away from the Green Lake event. Then more people with think about it..

Talk is going on 15 months now. The thread is still active... Make it happen guys. You wont regret spending a weekend with CCF people.

Lastly, again, if you can make the GL event, there are plenty of places to stay and camp sites available. Get there and experience the best time you can have with your boat and some of the most awesome people you'll ever meet..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2010 at 10:47am
Hay Guys I live right up the road, If there is interest I will get us some info on pricing and dates available. Jeff
grose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2010 at 11:19am
now this sounds like a possible mini in the making. anyone in angola or near want to go talk to the people at Pokagon about the possibility of having such an event there???? Any dates, start throwing them out????? It could be a one day event? We can always go bigger in years to come, or if we get this thing figured out maybe eventually host the midwest reunion and share it with the good people who host the GL reunion.
87' Nautique
67' Skylark
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2010 at 12:56pm
The potowatami inn is located on James right at the end of the tobagon run. Nice resteraunt lodging and beach front with docks on the pokagon state park site. Would be a good site. They have the float fly ins there and such. there is also a couple other cheaper hotels just down the road.
Take your work seriously, not yourself.
Boat Pics
grose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2010 at 12:42am
Dave and John, your right it was on lake james and i believe the tabogan run is still there.
87' Nautique
67' Skylark
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2010 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Originally posted by davidg davidg wrote:

I would be very interested in going to a mini at Angola this summer. I remember like it was yesterday the crystal clear waters in those lakes from when I was a kid camping there in the 60's.

Which lake Dave? We used to go to Lake James and stay in a big ole Inn at Pokagon State Park. Very cool place, had a big wooden ski jump ramp or tobagon slide if I remember right.

john

John;

I think it was Lake James, but, I can't remember for sure.

I am going to be on a business trip through northern Indiana in a couple of weeks, and will be in Angola. Thought I would check out the Pokagan Park while I am there, and maybe even see if there is a cool hotel near the lake(s) to get a feel for the area and do a little advance scouting work for anyone interested in doing a mini at Angola.
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2010 at 1:44pm
It only feels like a mile when you drag that stupid sled back...
Boat Pics
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2010 at 1:19pm
tobagon run about a mile or so long
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2010 at 2:10am
Originally posted by davidg davidg wrote:

I would be very interested in going to a mini at Angola this summer. I remember like it was yesterday the crystal clear waters in those lakes from when I was a kid camping there in the 60's.

Which lake Dave? We used to go to Lake James and stay in a big ole Inn at Pokagon State Park. Very cool place, had a big wooden ski jump ramp or tobagon slide if I remember right.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2010 at 10:48am
Watching, just dont haqve time to do anything about it...

I was up to the cottage a week or so ago and surprised by what I saw going on in the area, Huge switch in the marina situation around the lake! Dry Dock is now the corect craft dealer for 2010, the marina on orland road, (boat farm) was shut down and all the boats and lifts gone... formerly one of the 3 Vera Bradley bought I also heard they sold off the lake george marina and I have not had time to go by Gage and see if the marina/handbag shop closed as well... Even the Boat house on the corner by funspot was sporting a new name, Bell marine. I drive by most of these all winter and did not see any changes till a week or so ago. Looks as though Dry dock is the official correct craft dealer in the area now.

Anyone hear more of the story? With the boys baseball season in full swing i probably wont get up there much to find out what is going on till june now...
Boat Pics
grose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2010 at 12:59am
Is this thread dead or what?????? i'm finishing up all the winter restoration on my 87 and can't wait to show it off. i will be posting some new pics when she's complete. getting the upholstry back later this week or early next. Is anyone else watching this thread besides me?????? BTW, i just spoke to Bruce and sounds like he's doing well and will eventually be moving permanently to Indy.
87' Nautique
67' Skylark
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2010 at 7:24pm
I would be very interested in going to a mini at Angola this summer. I remember like it was yesterday the crystal clear waters in those lakes from when I was a kid camping there in the 60's. And, thats not bad considering I can't even remember what I had for breakfast this morning!!! Thats just how clear the water was....and hopefully still is.

Also, I bet it would be a haven for classic Correct Crafts on those lakes with Midwest Correct Craft having been there all those years.

Maybe Bruce Foutz would be the honorary Grand Marshall for this event as I think he still lives in the area.

Bruce????
grose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2010 at 1:04am
jeff, sounds like fun i'd like to try and get up to the north chain, calmer water for skiing sounds great. but i don't know how my work schedule is going to work out this year since i just started a new job, but if you get down to the south chain let me know and stop by for at least a drink or two. if nothing else works i will probably be at the corn roast with my boat, so maybe i'll see ya there if not before. here's to a great summer in 2010. later, greg 419-966-6880
87' Nautique
67' Skylark
footnit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote footnit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2010 at 11:30pm
I for one do not want to take anything away from GL and the wonderful things that have been developed there by both the members of CCF that help to organize it and the people, business and sponsers of the GL community, However to start out with a mini reunion or gathering of Correct Craft Owners and CCFs in the area of Angola that are unable to make the GL event do to scheduling or logists the Angola area would just be great for a 1 day or weekend meet-up.

You do have (2) Correct Craft dealers right there: Terry's Dry Dock (a former Master Craft Dealer) and I beleive "The Marina" on either Gages Lake or Lake George. O' I almost forgot about The Wawasee Boat Co. on Lake Wawasee (near by) who goes back some time with Correct Craft I beleive.

I would think that if someone close to the area really wanted to put some kind of a meet, show, ski and yes drink that it could easily happen, as a get together or a mini if you will.

If you really wanted to do a mini maybe 2 years down the road that the State Park would Block a section of rooms for a given weekend. Just ask the Inn's Event Booking Host for further details.

Sorry I got so wordie.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2010 at 12:17am
Welcome Greg! I live just north of coldwater, we party on the north chain,you are welcome to join us any time you like Ill show ya around.we have hung out on the south chain for years till i got a house up here n/c. didnt like the marine patroll down there, thaught thair s%#t didnt stink. we still do the corn roast     just bring a pontoon. alot calmer here for sking, even have a cool sand bar. give me a ring and well have ya up for a good time 269 506 1249 jeff
grose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2010 at 9:38pm
connorssons, we are on archer lake, just next lake south of marble. we are just down from boaters marine on the same side of the lake. i've never been on the north chain.
87' Nautique
67' Skylark
PAPA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2010 at 2:27pm
If anyone decides to do this I would definately show up with some other friends. Never been to a reunion, (mini)whatever, of any kind but it sounds like it would be a great time. Lake James chain is really nice.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2010 at 1:05pm
I live in coldwater have 2 houses as said earlier, I am on the north chain, any one interested is welcome at my houses lake or farm. we have enough room at farm for as many that can bring campers. enough room at lake for camping and 6 indoors. can provide electric hook up as well. hope we can meet some of ya folks up here? Jeff BTW GROSE where do ya live on south chain.
grose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2010 at 12:21am
just throwing this out, because our cottage is actually on the chain of lakes connected with coldwater lake being the anchor and it goes north through 7 smaller lakes then marble lake is on the north end with the town of coldwater very close with some hotel options. about a 20-25 minute drive from angola.
87' Nautique
67' Skylark
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic