FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl decals for SN Stern Lettering

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vinyl decals for SN Stern Lettering
    Posted: May-10-2004 at 2:55pm
Anyone know where I can get good vinyl decals that mimic the stern of the late '70s, early '80s Ski Nautiques?

Just the lettering that reads:
Correct Craft
Competition Ski Boat

Thanks,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
yellowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2004 at 12:11am
Keith,

I have been working on this with a girl in Florida. Problem with this and other "one-off" things is the setup costs. While she hasn't gotten back with a hard number yet, the setup alone could be a couple of hundred bucks. Not worth it to me for 1. Maybe we could get several orders together to defray the costs?

Don
Caretaker of the wife's '78 Ski Nautique
Tribal150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2004 at 2:30am
I worked with a couple shops up by me and they never charged me more than a 35 dollar set up fee, right now I am haveing a place do the ski nautique that is on the side of my 76.

Rob
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2004 at 11:50am
I would be willing to go in on the set-up cost. Let me know what you guy's find out.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2004 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Tribal150 Tribal150 wrote:

... right now I am haveing a place do the ski nautique that is on the side of my 76.

Rob

I would be willing to kick in for the setup as well. Rob, do you think your shop could do it with only a $35 setup fee?

Does someone have a good detailed master graphic to work from or know the actual fonts and size lettering?
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Tribal150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2004 at 9:51pm
I will get to see mine tomorrow I took a series of pictures of mine and they scanned them in and worked from there, I will let you know what they look like and how I like them,

Rob
64 Skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2004 at 12:34am
Hey...don't leave me out!

I need both the stern and the side decals!

Can I get a contact with the guy's making yours?

Pic's of the style would be great to see...
64 Skier
66" HO VTX and 67" HO Triumph
71CC
Tribal150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2004 at 12:43pm
I am going to try and post a picture of the decal on the side that I had done, bear with me as I have never done this.
Rob
yellowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2004 at 9:26pm
Rob,

Maybe it's my computer, but I cannot open the picture.

Please keep us informed as to your progress with this. Does your source have the ability to many colors or would it be limited to a few basics? Very interested in seeing the results!

Thanks,

Don
Tribal150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2004 at 10:52pm
Don
I have a friend coming over with his digital camera tomorrow, and if everything goes okay I will probably do my diary on Mon. The sign company that I deal with has a large selection of colors and could probably do whatever you need.

Rob
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2004 at 3:58am
We could use Rob's guy (Rob can you send contact info?) but we will still need a closeup photo of the stern lettering (with dimentions). I found a decent photo of what I would like. It seems close, but I'm not sure it the exact font. Can anyone else help?

Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Tribal150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2004 at 9:15am
Letter this sign shop 419-729-3000, Ask for Lynn, and mention Rob From Glass City Waterski Club.

Sorry I accidently put down my number the correct number is now above.

Rob
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2004 at 2:50pm
Can someone who has this similar lettering on the stern of their boat send detailed dimensions? I need overall length of each line of text, tallest letter height from 'CORRECT CRAFT' and from 'Competition Ski Boat'.

Thank you,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2004 at 5:24pm
Keith,
I got your e-mail and mine looks exactly like the picture you posted. I'll measure mine and see if I can get some tracing paper and do a overlay as well.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2004 at 7:13pm
Using rough guests for measurements, I have quotes from two different places - on at $43 and another at $53 per set of graphics (both lines of text). I'd like to see about a discount for ordering several.

Please let me know if you definitely want these and indicate your color choice. As soon as I get the actual measurements from 79Nautique I can place the order for all of us.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
jameski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2004 at 7:54pm
I want a set IF it will fit around my ladder. I guess I need to wait for exact dimensions before I give the nod.
current boat
94 Sport Nautique
previous boat
78 Martinique
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2004 at 7:56pm
keith,chaulk up 1 set for the barracuda lettering...e-mail the snail-mail address & i'll send you a check when you need it.
i've been looking forward to seeing all of you guy's up in ohio in a few weeks !
unfortunately,dads been under hospice care 7 weeks now,and could go at any time. we may need to shorten our trip up north.
[ BLACK LETTERS ]
kenny g
yellowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2004 at 4:32am
jameski,

The ladder will have to come off to install the lettering. The vinyl letters come on one large sheet that is applied intact. This is how they keep everything even. One of the other good things with this process is that you can slide the decal up or down to miss the ladder brackets.

On our '78 Nautique, the ladder brackets are just above the 1st 'T' in competition and the 'I' in ski.
yellowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2004 at 4:40am
Keith,

You mention both lines of text, are they also including the solid color line below the text? Any idea what colors are available? We re-did the interior with sort of a teal and burgandy for accents and would like to match one of those.

Anybody do anything with the side graphics besides Rob? Don't think the wife would go for the flames!?!?

Don
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2004 at 11:54am
Don,

I just repainted my side grahics and masked off the stripe and made it solid. I'm going back with 1/8" pin stripe to create the outline like it was orignally. Also on the stern my stripes are different I have two other stripes that are inline with the compition ski boat lettering, one on each side. I'll try and get a digital camera and take some pictures tomorrow.
jameski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2004 at 12:04pm
Thanks for the input yellowdog. I will still need those exact dimensions. If the bottom line of text is too tall it won't fit between my existing stripe (which is not quite original) and my ladder brackets.
current boat
94 Sport Nautique
previous boat
78 Martinique
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2004 at 10:54pm
Yellowdog,
I was not facturing in the solid lines. If you provide those dementions however, I'm sure those would be easy to get.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2004 at 12:00pm
Keith I got the measurements this week-end and I'm going to try and lay it out on my cad system and generate a jpg. or tiff file so that it is easier to understand. But basicly they are 2" high letters for both lines and the are both 34-1/6" long the top is slanterd which makes it apear longer I didn't have a protractor to measure the slant but it is 20-30 degrees. The vertical spacing is 2-15/16". One thought I had was on mine it's pretty faded and a little wet sanding will problely remove it so if things are off a little it won't matter. Do you have any type of CAD software on your computer? (where is the speel check) autocad, UG, catia?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2004 at 2:09pm
CORRECT CRAFT 34-1/16" long 2-3/4" gap between words. 1/2" thick lettering.

COMPETITION SKI BOAT 34-1/16" overall length and 3/8" thick lettering

competition 18-15/16"

gap 1-13/16" at top 1-3/4" at bottom N-S

ski 4-1/4" at top 4-3/8" at bottom

gap 1-13/16"   I-B

boat 7-3/8"

the S is a little different and applies to the left side in regards to the gap, the bottom is at the sharp corner and stickes out 1/8" wider than the vertical tangent point on the curve at the top and this does apply for both side of the S but top/bottom are reversed for the right side of the S

Both are 2" high and the slant is about 30 degrees for CORRECT CRAFT but is a guess and I'll have to get my adjustable triangle out this coming week-end to nail it down exactly.

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2004 at 3:48pm
Thanks for the detailed measurements Yellowdog. I've sent them to the two sign-shops and asked for another quote.

Please indicated your desired color. I have 5 total:

Keith (me) - color: brown/light brown
Jameski - color:
KennyG - color:
64 Skier - color:
Yellowdog - color:

Thanks,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
yellowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2004 at 4:22pm
Keith,

It was '79 that gave you the dimensions, but they are very close to the ones I came up with. I will add that the rake on the letters is 60 degrees on the '78.

You will also have to take me off the list, We are going to re-do the gelcoat this fall to get rid of the spider cracks so the lettering would have to be applied again. Secondly, the woman that lets me live with her is thinking about having the interior re-done (again) so I don't have a clue what accent color she will end up with. Maybe you could let us know who you end up dealing with so we can contact them this winter.

Thanks,

Don
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2004 at 6:11pm
Keith,

I'll need mine in bright blue. I can send a sample of the paint I used to match it up when I send the check.
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2004 at 7:25pm
let us know when u need a check sent your way.and thank you guys..for getting this together for us !
the barracuda would like black letters.
kenny g
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2004 at 4:02pm
Sorry 79nautique, thank you for the measurments.

I expect to hear back from them today. I will let you all know the final price.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
jameski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2004 at 10:12pm
Keith, I just took some measurements on my transom. The distance between the top of my (redone) stripe and the ladder bracket is exactly 2". So, I guess I can't participate in the order.

Unless - Maybe your shop could make one for me that is scaled down. I need teal (I can get the exact color chip name if necessary).
current boat
94 Sport Nautique
previous boat
78 Martinique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic