NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

floormats my but

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 6>
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: floormats my but
    Posted: January-28-2010 at 2:03pm
lets watch and see how this one unfolds
"the things you own will start to own you"
hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2010 at 2:16pm
Eric are you ok?
Brian
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2010 at 2:23pm
The report I saw last night blamed the floor mats, but went on to say it even happens without the floor mats and left it at that. Great reporting.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2010 at 2:50pm
"Fly by wire"?? at least the planes throttles aren't getting stuck!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2010 at 3:43pm
maybe that explain the sudden turn that the Ethiopian airliner took before crashing in Lebanon, the rudder got stuck in the mat.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2010 at 3:49pm
What Flavor is that Jap Car Cool-Aid now?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2010 at 4:00pm
How many of the models in question were made in the US? The 4Runner isnt on the list and was built in Japan. Just sayin!
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2010 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

What Flavor is that Jap Car Cool-Aid now?

Hate to say this CQ but the part in question was made is USA, Ohio if I remember correctly!!!!

Edit, it's made by a US company but manufactured in Canada.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2010 at 4:28pm
The company is in Elkhart, IN and made in Canada by CTS for Toyota

CTS on Wednesday issued a statement saying the pedals were made to Toyota's design and now that design is being beefed up
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2010 at 5:24pm
Obama has been in Elkhart several times...   

On a side note I see he gave the UK basketball team a pep talk on tues.
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2010 at 5:26pm
Sad thing is, I'm towing to St. John's w/ my '10 Tundra
...those who have fallen and those who will.
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2010 at 5:50pm
They can just go up to Washington and Obie will cut them a check for the money lost during this recall.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2010 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by SN206 SN206 wrote:

Sad thing is my '10 Tundra
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2010 at 9:44pm
My Dog's name is Obie and he has taken offense to that !
Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

They can just go up to Washington and Obie will cut them a check for the money lost during this recall.
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2010 at 10:17pm
they say if your pedal is loose than you will be fine for a while, its a glitch and a mechanical problem that i thought about weeks ago
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2010 at 10:51pm
i heard it was designed by an engineer named hairakue   kamakzee
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2010 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

I don't think too many Toyotas would have fly by wire Pete,I think you'll only find it on high end cars,I know some BMW's have it.I seem to remember Eric talking about his development of a fly by string system.He better get his patent up to date someone my be needing it Remember the good old days sitting in a toll booth with an Audi 5000 behind you and a Ford Pinto in front?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2010 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by Waterdog Waterdog wrote:

My Dog's name is Obie and he has taken offense to that !

I think he meant to say Barry!
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2010 at 12:06am
For me it is simple economics, spend locally, support thy neighbor and help them prosper, in return so will you when they buy locally as we are all happy and healthy! Not sure how the CEO, Engineer, employee or whatever in any foreign country falls into that equation. Oh yeah, forgot to mention brand loyalty, Like Correct Craft who last time I checked was still in the good ole US of A!
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2010 at 1:32am
Agree for the most part, but have you checked to see how much of that Toyota is made in the U.S.A or why thay haven't gotten choken into bankruptcy submission by unions? Seems like thine nieghbor f**cks themselves sometimes.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2010 at 1:46am
The only ones choking tho are GM and Chrysler, aren't the United Auto workers at Ford also? Seems to be more of a management issue. Whiteacre will save GM, he can do anything.After all he put the Bell System back together and showed us we were doing it wrong all those years!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2010 at 1:49am
I hope so.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2010 at 9:21am
Originally posted by SN206 SN206 wrote:

Sad thing is, I'm towing to St. John's w/ my '10 Tundra

Ryan..........Your not alone. I know I'm asking for it by publishing it here but I own one them Camrys. Kim and I both love the car. We looked at all makes and the Yota was the nicest of them all. I do however tow the boat with an 86 Chevy or 00 Durango. I'm doing my part.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2010 at 10:01am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

For me it is simple economics, spend locally, support thy neighbor and help them prosper, in return so will you when they buy locally as we are all happy and healthy! Not sure how the CEO, Engineer, employee or whatever in any foreign country falls into that equation. Oh yeah, forgot to mention brand loyalty, Like Correct Craft who last time I checked was still in the good ole US of A!

Toyota pays me locally, and in return I supported eric locally last spring...
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2010 at 10:13am
I will start this post with i have bought a foriegn car new in the past, when the times were different, when chrysler was offering the k car, chevy was offering the chevette, ford was offering the tempo-rary...the were trying to push some real POS on us.
Its 2010 the stock market will crash again, In the winter time i work on both American and asian cars, to start american car qaulity is far superior to the jap cars, to repair a jap car is twice the price, we put them on the frame rack and they tear apart at the seams all the spot welds pop and there are less of them, the steel used is thinner, and they are passing off what the big three did in the 80's.
thier cost of business is much less because of benefits and to pass off a kia made right here in Westpoint Geargia is the biggest marketing scam on this earth. i see more totaled jap cars than american cars because of quality.
everybody right and left are looking to a guy to get this economy going, when Clinton left office there was 500 billion dollars in surplus, when Bush left we were 2 trillion in deficit and that was dropped on a mans lap, he looked to the left and said if you have a better solution on the healthcare crisis i extend my invitation to you to sit down and we will discuss this and work it out.
it really is fcd out there and is getting worse at least in my town,
fixing a country starts at me and you, if 300,000,000 million Americans refused or boycotted to buy one of those jap tin cans for one year, the smoke stacks at all of these shutdown buildings.... the smoke would blow again,
there is a struggle in Washington on how the economy is going to be fixed and they dont have the answers.
I hope Toyota falls so hard on its ass, to a point to where it cant recover.
i feel better now, floormats my ass
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2010 at 10:26am
Ok Eric, now tell us how you really feel!
Greg

86 BFN
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2010 at 10:37am
Not really that relavant but we own a Pontiac..not a bad work vehichle. A Jeep Liberty...not a bad tow vehicle.

We purchased a Ford Fusion last December for Dana and that car for the money is really a pretty nice car to get around in. No luxury in any of them but the value of the Ford is pretty darn good. Only regret I have is that the 2010 Hybrid was not out when we were looking, that is supposed to be quite a vehicle for the price.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
PAPA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2010 at 10:49am
Ford posted its first profit since 2005, the company seems to have turned it around. They have been getting good press for some time now, and it seems the American public is coming back to them. Now we just need GM and Chrysler back healthy again building cars that are of high quality and what we want. I think GM will make it, but not so sure about Chrysler. As for Toyota,they sure dragged their feet on that recall and now they are paying the price, glad I don't have one.
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2010 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

I don't think too many Toyotas would have fly by wire Pete,I think you'll only find it on high end cars,I know some BMW's have it.I seem to remember Eric talking about his development of a fly by string system.He better get his patent up to date someone my be needing it Remember the good old days sitting in a toll booth with an Audi 5000 behind you and a Ford Pinto in front?

"Fly by wire" (no mechanical linkage) is not just found in high end cars. I'd say the majority of cars now don't have a cable attached, and it's just a throttle position sensor that goes to the engines ECU. From what I've read on the Toyota issue, the very pedals in question are in fact electronic.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2010 at 2:27pm
Please correct if wrong, but I was told Ford was majority owned by a foreign company (Mazda). This is a question and not a statement Eric.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 6>
  Share Topic