NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Joe's 95 Ski Nautique Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 5>
Author
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2009 at 2:22pm
93 or 94 we moved them over to what we have today port side.
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2009 at 4:09pm
I never really seen the effects of saltwater on a boat and trailer.That manifold is amazing to me.Nice CL find Joe,will be a great ski rig for you.I saw mention of motor change,whats your plan there?

Good luck   Munday
If the only tool you have is a hammer,everything starts to look like a nail.
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2009 at 9:57pm
Joe,
I want to see a blower on there.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2009 at 11:39pm
The seller (not the guy who destroyed it) had the boat already on stands when I got there as I told him beforehand I would rather not bring the trailer back with me. No real firm plans as to where this is going yet, except it will probably end up blue with a ford engine it. Progress won't be fast and furious on this project, I still have to put together the new 408 for the 83 and then there is that whole job thing... but some progress today

I finally found out why they went with the tapered back end, it helps with nesting your boats in the garage..

This was the project for today, Out Damned Engine!

Other than cleaning it out and doing some pressure washing I am going to need to seriously clean up the shop before making any real decisions on this project..

This pile of parts is still two connecting rods short of being ready to be assembled but I would still like to get it back in its home before the lake freezes..

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2009 at 3:06am
Hey a good friend of mine is a serious Fox body mustang guy ( 6 93 cobras, 2 of each color). He has about 30 cars in his posession right now for parts or whatever. If you want an intake upper or lower, he has em. Lightning/Cobra, and some aftermarket stuff as well. Throttle bodies are the same story.
There may be a blower all packaged up in his garage too, nudge nudge.
I was going to get a set of AFR heads from him till I saw the soup can lid sized valves. Lil too much for my boat.

Either way, nice find and best luck.
My Blue 82SOLD!
phickman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phickman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2009 at 3:40am
neat project, keep the pictures coming,nice to see one saved, shame on the knucklehead that let her get in that shape, but it created a cool opportunity for you.
Paul Hickman
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2009 at 8:59am
Joe,
Good luck on cleaning up your shop. I seem to remember we've heard you threaten to do that before.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2009 at 9:49am

Joe,

If their is a guy that can make a boat shine up and give life back to it.

Then you are the maker !!! Can't wait to see it when you are done.

But, then again you are never done..hehe You're always adding something cool to any of your boats. A BIG HEART....

Let me see what I can dig up to help..

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2009 at 10:14am
back to the man cave Robin
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2009 at 10:17am
I can come up with a brand new shiney set of sbc bowtie aluminum heads and intake for 750.00..part number 1#10051101 on the heads and 10051103 on the intake manifold....they look fast
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2009 at 10:39am
Eric wrong colour have to be blue to match the boat. And Joe likes to have fast boats.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2009 at 12:10pm
do a search on those part numbers.....they are new in the box, the intake retails for 471.00 on its own
Lewy, BTW they are for competition use only...they are for making boats hit 70
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2009 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

No real firm plans as to where this is going yet, except it will probably end up blue with a ford engine it.

Come on Eric, read closer... he doesnt want any of that bow-tie junk!

Joe, I just sent you an email.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2009 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

No real firm plans as to where this is going yet, except it will probably end up blue with a ford engine it.

Come on Eric, read closer... he doesnt want any of that bow-tie junk!

Joe, I just sent you an email.

That's funny!
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2009 at 1:01pm
set it and forget it, our conversation would be are you sure 70?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2009 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

set it and forget it, our conversation would be are you sure 70?

70 is fast in any boat! all you have to do is get a 90 mph speedo....

To bad I like big blocks or I would take you up on the heads.

Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2009 at 2:22pm
Shop looks pretty clean to me,just a line of projects waitting on funding.That job thing sure us a necessary evil.You said blue with blue oval and I thought 460 then I thought 429 for extra rpm then I thought $ and 351 looks perfect.

Munday
If the only tool you have is a hammer,everything starts to look like a nail.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2009 at 4:45pm
Im doing some horse trading to get these heads, they may get a permanent home
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2009 at 4:54pm

Im doing some horse trading to get these heads, they may get a permanent home

If they werent aluminum, Id be all over them. I could use a new anchor or 2.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2009 at 5:05pm

I can come up with a brand new shiney set of sbc bowtie aluminum heads and intake for 750.00..part number 1#10051101 on the heads and 10051103 on the intake manifold....they look fast

are those good for my 1973 l-82 vette?
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2009 at 10:29am
if you need an anchor Tim, i have a couple laying around and could send you one, blue would match your boat?
Kap, I need to do some more reading on the heads, they are balnks and need to go to the machine shop first for seats and a couple other things that need to be done.
search them on Google and you can find alot of info on them.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2009 at 12:57pm

if you need an anchor Tim, i have a couple laying around and could send you one, blue would match your boat?
Kap, I need to do some more reading on the heads, they are balnks and need to go to the machine shop first for seats and a couple other things that need to be done.
search them on Google and you can find alot of info on them.

I have seven of them, Blue ovel anchors that is. Cant seem to give them away!!!! around here the Bowtie stuff seems to stay in the boats, it is the blue anchors that seem migrate out of their fiberglass motor crates and under the back rack being replaced with the Bowties! I wonder why that is???

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2009 at 1:26pm
Looks like someone pucked on that bilge....I feel sick...LOL...

bowtie and blue...ah, I have both worlds in my fleet...and canĀ“t seem to decide wich one i like most...
1 pro for the bowtie parts are cheaper and easier to get around here...
anyway i like them both...

BTW I can add some blue to the anchor list (my old heads)..you can have them tim...but shipping them over there its not worth i guess...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2009 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Fl Inboards Fl Inboards wrote:

I have seven of them, Blue ovel anchors that is. Cant seem to give them away!!!! around here the Bowtie stuff seems to stay in the boats, it is the blue anchors that seem migrate out of their fiberglass motor crates and under the back rack being replaced with the Bowties! I wonder why that is???

Maybe because theyre plentiful and cheap? It sure isnt because the Fords lack potential. The most impressive CC Ive been in has a Ford. Getting a 2001 to flirt with 60mph is serious business! Ive got a big block running mid 50's, but no ones built a SBC powered CC yet that can run with the big dogs. Whats up with that?

Jody, if I were closer to FL, Id take a few RH Fords off your hands for sure!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2009 at 2:45pm
we better not figure dollar to power ratio in lol
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2009 at 2:53pm

we better not figure dollar to power ratio in lol

In looking at prices, Id rather build a SBF than a BBC! Ive always heard that SBC stuff is cheap and plentiful... which makes me wonder even more why no one has built a fast CC with one yet. Maybe theyre junk?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2009 at 2:56pm
More than likely with this group of gearheads the Ford is more prefered because that is what these boats came with and are easily hot-rodded.
Go over to the MC or Bu world and their are a number of older Pro Stars and Bu's that have Hot rod Chevy SB in them. I had A 86 PS with a chevy that today would make a great hot rod canidate and am sure $5K of hot rod motor parts would make it exceed 60 mph.
It is funny though that in the inboard race world sb chevy dominates the classes and really do not know of any class that chevy does not dominate except maybe the 1 and 2 liter classes.

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2009 at 8:27pm
Here's the last 2 pieces to be installed on the soon-to-be finished 96 SN Project

66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2009 at 8:45pm
This is very exciting. I'm curious to see what one of these hulls will do with Joe-level power in it.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2009 at 8:51pm
I think you'd be pleasantly surprised what kind of power your old boat is currently making.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 5>
  Share Topic