Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Get the Kids out on the water.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 21>
Author
Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2010 at 5:03pm
Could very well be the thrill of my lifetime. Definitely up there w/ my first solo.

Skiing w/ my daughter.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2010 at 6:02pm
Excellent video John. What great fun. In all my years of being out skiing with my kids (since about 1995), I don't think I've ever doubled (or tripled) with them. Might have to do something about that.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2010 at 6:04pm
Very nice, I'm working with my girlfriends kids now. I ordered a EZ Footer yesterday to help out with the learning curve.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2010 at 6:08pm
Great video, enjoy it, as it goes by so fast. My goal is to have a family portrait of all five of us on slalom as a Christmas card.....I am currently waiting on the last one, a stubborn six year old girl. Just got her up on trainers this past weekend. No good pictures, only cell phone. She is the third child and you tend to forget the camera alot by number three!
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2010 at 7:52pm
What a difference a year makes. Both wakeboard, both now slalom, girl is up on one trick ski and learning and now footin' ages 11 & 8

BFNSport View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BFNSport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2010 at 9:11pm

Jake 13 Molly 15
First season for both kids.
2002 CC Ski Nautique
1988 CC Barefoot Nautique
Tomski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2010 at 7:36am
Haven't been on here for a while, but thought I'd post this one of Matthew at the wheel. He loves the boat - it's a 30 mile drive to the marina and the whole way it's "boat, Massyou, drive".

Katy and I got married at the end of June as well. We had the reception at a hotel by the lake so managed to go wakeboarding on our wedding day.

Easily Parted From Money
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2010 at 3:09am
Finally got the little guy, luke, who is 4, out on the water. never pressured him. on sunday he decided to throw his hat in the ring. All 6 of us got on the water that day, a family first. I made this video from our runs that day. hope you enjoy:

Family Ski Time
Got Foot?
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2010 at 3:12am
Originally posted by Terp Terp wrote:

Could very well be the thrill of my lifetime. Definitely up there w/ my first solo.

Skiing w/ my daughter.

Whay to knock it down with the kid. no headpackers either. good barefooting water you got there!
Got Foot?
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2010 at 3:15am
Here's the little guy after his first set:

Got Foot?
Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2010 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by LakeBoy LakeBoy wrote:

Whay to knock it down with the kid. no headpackers either. good barefooting water you got there!

Educate me, haven't heard the term "headpackers" before.
That was the best water I've ever seen on that lake. There was glass anywhere you went. A weekday w/ overcast threatening weather so only a handful of boats and no wind. It was very hard to call an end to the day.

Can't beat the smile on your son's face. Few things make you feel better than seeing that.
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2010 at 2:09pm
Yeah, sorry... headpacker is a hard fall. In other words, a good day on the water is when there are no falls. The term is more of a barefoot term. Watch this, and you will know what I am talking about:

What is a Headpacker?
Got Foot?
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2010 at 3:10pm
Hey Guys,
I joined the fun this summer with my 7 and 5 yr. olds. Here are a few photos from last weekend.

Evelyn, age 7:

Noah, age 5:

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2010 at 4:32pm
hope I can post some of Valentino who will be 5 this summer..need to buy kids equipment though..

edit: great pictures of all the kids BTW
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
66Skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66Skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2010 at 4:34pm
Those are great pictures Keith!

I wish I had a boom… This is the first summer Makayla has been brave enough to try skiing. I bought a U-shaped ski trainer, thinking that would be easiest for her. We were on vacation a couple of weeks ago and tried the ski a few times, but she’s having a little trouble getting up. (She wants to keep her legs straight. She denies it, but I think she closes her eyes.)

I tried to coach her, but – as you can imagine – it is difficult when she is so far behind the boat. A couple of snoots full of water and she lost interest.

On a side note… My father, who is almost 70, got up on my combo skies a couple of weeks ago. That was pretty awesome!

Kyle
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2010 at 4:38pm
Keith,
I'm glad to see inflatables weren't involved!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2010 at 4:42pm
don't get me started on the tube. in a moment of weakness I bought a new one earlier this year, since our old one gave up the ghost. At times it is the only thing they want to do. I would rather them ski, foot or wakeboard any time, than tube.
Got Foot?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2010 at 4:43pm
Great pictures all.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2010 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by 66Skylark 66Skylark wrote:

I wish I had a boom… This is the first summer Makayla has been brave enough to try skiing. I bought a U-shaped ski trainer, thinking that would be easiest for her. We were on vacation a couple of weeks ago and tried the ski a few times, but she’s having a little trouble getting up. (She wants to keep her legs straight. She denies it, but I think she closes her eyes.)

I tried to coach her, but – as you can imagine – it is difficult when she is so far behind the boat. A couple of snoots full of water and she lost interest.

On a side note… My father, who is almost 70, got up on my combo skies a couple of weeks ago. That was pretty awesome!Kyle

I don't know if you have a swim platform on that Skylark. The easiest way I have found to get them started on the ski skimmer (absent a boom) is to stand on the platform in the bindings. Put the boat in idle, and slip them off the platform. Not sure how young your kid is, but for the kids who are only 40 or 50 lbs, you don't have to go more than 4 or 5 MPH. hold the front of the board up with the rope until they are off the platform and on plane. BKH
Livin' the Dream

LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2010 at 4:55pm
we pull them right off the sand on a skimmer.
Got Foot?
66Skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66Skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2010 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

Originally posted by 66Skylark 66Skylark wrote:

On a side note… My father, who is almost 70, got up on my combo skies a couple of weeks ago. That was pretty awesome!Kyle

I don't know if you have a swim platform on that Skylark. The easiest way I have found to get them started on the ski skimmer (absent a boom) is to stand on the platform in the bindings. Put the boat in idle, and slip them off the platform. Not sure how young your kid is, but for the kids who are only 40 or 50 lbs, you don't have to go more than 4 or 5 MPH. hold the front of the board up with the rope until they are off the platform and on plane. BKH

Hi Brian,

We were trying to get her up behind the 176 which does have a platform. Makayla is 8 and a little under 60lbs.

I’ll have to try your trick next time.

Thanks for the tip!

Kyle
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2010 at 5:08pm
Tubers or Waverunners???? I cant decide which I hate more. Maybe a tube behind Waverunner!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2010 at 5:15pm
I've mentioned it before but found with our kids a large boat can be intimidating. The menthod we used (and actually myself) is to use a small fishing boat and then yes out of real shallow water. Both kids had ne problem with the little Alumacraft with the 15 on it.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Okie Boarder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2010 at 5:32pm
Great new pictures! I love seeing the kids out there learning and having fun. The smiles say it all.
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2010 at 9:49pm
Nothing like getting the kids up on skis. The skills and having fun on the water will be with them the rest of their lives. Not sure who gets the most enjoyment the adult teacher or the kids. Keith great pictures Evelyn looks to be having a ball.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2010 at 10:10pm
Great pics Keith. I took an old skinny soft handle and zip tied it to the boom when my kids were little. The boom had to much girth for them and the handle (about 1") away worked great.
BFNSport View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BFNSport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2010 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

I've mentioned it before but found with our kids a large boat can be intimidating. The menthod we used (and actually myself) is to use a small fishing boat and then yes out of real shallow water. Both kids had ne problem with the little Alumacraft with the 15 on it.

Agree 100% 12 foot fishing boat withe 15 hp. The kids think its a special treat cuse none of the grown ups can do it.
And as stated its not as scary.
2002 CC Ski Nautique
1988 CC Barefoot Nautique
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2010 at 11:45pm
Okay, here's some video from last weekend as well (digital camera video):

Noah, Evelyn

The both loved it. Dad's the one that gets tired.

-Keith

Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2010 at 1:23pm
Keith, check your link on "Noah" it's just reloading this page. Great pictures & video of Evelyn. You just cannot beat the smiles on their faces.

Roy, great video of your family!

Necessity breeds alternatives. Not having a small fishing boat to get our daughter started behind, we had no alternative to the Whaler and deep water starts. And go figure, they don't make barefoot booms for Whalers! We started by having me in the water w/ our daughter to help her keep her skis straight, manage the rope and verbally coach her. As she became more adept I did less and less for her. This summer, I moved back into the boat and she's done very well on her own. We never push her to do more than she wants. This summer my 11 yo nephew from Kansas came to visit and I used the same technique with him, using a pair of 59" trainers. Within 10 pulls I was back in the boat w/ everyone else and he spent the afternoon lapping the dam end of the lake.   
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2010 at 1:41pm
Sorry about that. Link to Noah video is updated.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 21>
  Share Topic