NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your list of cleaners

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your list of cleaners
    Posted: January-22-2008 at 10:58pm
I will let a secret that a lady that works on detailing boats once told me. I could not believe but is amazing. Go to the DOLLAR store, yeah the Dollar store, and buy "MEAN GREEN" degreser, not "Simple Green". My boat has been sitting outside for a long time and the seats has some black stuff that won't come out. This thing remove it instantly. Then use babe's soap or your favorite soap and conditioner to re-condition the seat. This stuff is about $3 the gallon and is impresive how good it cleans. I told her I won't said it but you guys have gave me a lot of cool trick. This one is worth trying.
formulad97 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote formulad97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2008 at 5:37pm
More like this.

http://www.babesboats.com/prodSeatSaver.php
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2008 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by formulad97 formulad97 wrote:

How about Babes ? anyone use it?

I use bitch's & whore's, you can find them down on the street corner at twenties and fifties.
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2008 at 12:40pm
Absolutely! If you can find a couple babes to clean your boat, that's even better

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote formulad97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2008 at 3:54am
How about Babes ? anyone use it?
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2008 at 9:39pm
I use Scrubbing bubbles for cleaning the seats.You know, the foam stuff in the green aerosol can,I think I read it on here to use it. This stuff works great on deep down dirt. Spray it on and let it soak a little(those scrubbing bubbles do all the work) then go over it with a scrub brush and finally rinse and dry. seems to soften the vinyl.

For mold spots, the Starbrite mold remover works great

Always follow up with the Aerospace 303.Good stuff.

My interior was in really bad shape when i got my boat, this method worked great for me.
pipester101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipester101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2008 at 12:34pm
Fantastic and StarBrite
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2008 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Tim,
I was told by a company that reworked the seats in our Cobalt that the "magic erasers" are a kiss of death to boat seats.. Drys them out?? We stopped using them.. Darn if they arent the best at stains. Our seats always looked great, but supposedly it took it's toll.. I don't know what to believe, just throwing it out there...

Moj'

I believe it. They work too darn good not to cause damage to the vinyl clearcoat. I only resort to them when nothing else works- any downside has to be better than looking at a stain! I always follow up with 303 to protect as best I can.

Ive yet to try the ePHx cleaner- Im hoping it works well because its the only stuff I know of thats actually safe to use.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2008 at 4:52pm
Tim,
I was told by a company that reworked the seats in our Cobalt that the "magic erasers" are a kiss of death to boat seats.. Drys them out?? We stopped using them.. Darn if they arent the best at stains. Our seats always looked great, but supposedly it took it's toll.. I don't know what to believe, just throwing it out there...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2007 at 8:14pm
simple green and 303 for the jbear.

Never used Fantastic but if gn recomends it...well just look at his boat on the home page. And believe me, it looks better in person. Of course, Tim is usually right on the money too.

john

"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2007 at 6:20pm
303 is not just a protectant. It is an entire line of protectants and cleaners including fabric and vinyl cleaners, and spot removers. I have never used any of the products except for the vinyl protectant which I use on my boats and cars.

I clean my vinyl once per year using simple grean diluted 1part simple green, 4 parts water. I use the 303 periodically throughout the year. BKH
Livin' the Dream

05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2007 at 5:49pm
   303 is the only thing I use.If I have a tough spot,I'll use the magic eraser lightly with the 303.I haven't had to use a cleaner yet,but the boat is relatively new.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2007 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by gn6027 gn6027 wrote:

Fantastic cleans about anything inside my boat!!

Simple, works great, inexpensive, available anywhere... no downside that I know of.

It was fine up until a year or 2 ago when it changed formulations. At that point it dropped off CC's list of recommended cleaners. I believe it is harmful to the clearcoat on the vinyl.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2007 at 4:28pm
Fantastic and 303 for me.
gn6027 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gn6027 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2007 at 4:05pm
Fantastic for all my vinyl, then a coating of 303.

Fantastic cleans about anything inside my boat!!

Simple, works great, inexpensive, available anywhere... no downside that I know of.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2007 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Tim D Tim D wrote:

303 is not a cleaner, it's a protective, way better than armour-all. I use on all my vehicles.

Yup, 303 is a protectant- and its the best stuff out there as far as I can tell. Correct Craft recommends it on their new vinyl.

As far as cleaners go, Ive read that a mild solution of warm water and Tide is safe to use on marine vinyl. For tough stains, Ive resorted to using Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. The only vinyl cleaner recommended by Correct Craft on new vinyl is ePHx vinyl cleaner, which is made by G&T Industries (the same company that produces the vinyl for 80% of the marine industry). Its safe for the clear coat on the vinyl, where most cleaners (409, Fantastik) are not.
bmiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2007 at 1:22pm
To be honest I had a trim person tell me to use baby oil on seats.I started using it on my 65 mustang and it works great.It soaks right in and keeps the seat nice and pliable.
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2007 at 2:33am
303 is not a cleaner, it's a protective, way better than armour-all. I use on all my vehicles.
Tim D

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote formulad97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2007 at 2:24am
What do you use for the interior for cleaning. The guy at west marine said arospace 303 for the seats and its about 20 bucks a pop. Whats your fav ?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic