Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Barefoot suit

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
skibum1110 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skibum1110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barefoot suit
    Posted: November-18-2007 at 7:30pm
I just bought a new iron suit from barefoot int. im a pretty big guy 5'9 270lbs. the suit i got was a 3x. whats the best way to strech it out out a bit? its just a little to tight.

chris
1992 Ski Nautique
1975 Ski Nautique
2000 Ski Nautique
2006 Ski Nautique 206 Limited
2005 Air Nautique 206 Team
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2007 at 7:53pm
wear it, My 2X was just a bit tight when I bought it. The more I use it the better it fits. Did you soak it before the first use like the instructions said.
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2007 at 8:58pm
skibum3XL

If you can barely breath, but still breath, the size is perfect.

Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2007 at 11:37am
The IRON suits are a son of a gun to break in but worth it. It will relax after a dozen or so uses.
skibum1110 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skibum1110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2007 at 11:12pm
I never saw any instructions with it so i'll soak it and then try it... thanks guys
1992 Ski Nautique
1975 Ski Nautique
2000 Ski Nautique
2006 Ski Nautique 206 Limited
2005 Air Nautique 206 Team
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2007 at 6:15pm
Make sure after you soak it you allow it to hang wet, the weight of the water will help it stretch while it dries out.
64X55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64X55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2007 at 12:30am
I've never owned a barefoot suit. I've got a non- flotation one just for cooler weather.

The only time I could really easily do a deep water start and a tumble turn (relatively smoothly) was wearing a friend's suit. What a difference!

We used to try deep water starts and tumble turns with just swim trunks and a life vest (i.e. no wetsuit). Surprised none of those rides ended with wearing "just a life vest!" I can't believe we used to try that! And never a barefoot boom. Mostly just stepped off a ski or sat on a kneeboard to get going!

No; wait, I think actually the tumble turns were off a boom, but that was the only time (more recently) that I've used a boom. They really make it easy!

Anybody remember a little girl (then) named Laurie (or Lori) Powell (back in the 80's I think - maybe even late 70's)? She would do flying backwards dock starts and everything when she was just a kid!

That was pretty amazing!
Inboards Rule!
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2007 at 1:58pm
she now goes by the name..hollywood
"the things you own will start to own you"
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2007 at 7:10pm
pee in it
64X55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64X55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2007 at 6:16pm
That's funny!
Here's something interesting I found (maybe you other footers here have seen it). A web site and a story about Lori Powell's (mentioned above) twice (1988 and 1990) World Barefooting Champ brother "Rick" who just suddenly quit the barefoot competitive world and "got a real job!"
Pretty neat read...
http://www.barefootcentral.com/WATN_rick_powell.htm
Inboards Rule!
LaurelLakeSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurelLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2007 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

she now goes by the name..hollywood

.......Now that's funny!!!!!!
mark84bf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark84bf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2007 at 5:33pm
What color
m.s. Amann
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2008 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by 64X55 64X55 wrote:

Anybody remember a little girl (then) named Laurie (or Lori) Powell (back in the 80's I [think - maybe even late 70's)? She would do flying backwards dock starts and everything when she was just a kid!

Back in the early 80s I got pulled over by a cop. I was wearing a T-shirt from a novice BF tourney I had entered. The cop started asking question about it and asked if I was familiar with Lori Powell. I was, so we chatted some more. I got off with a warning.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic