Print Page | Close Window

Barefoot suit

Printed From: CorrectCraftFan.com
Category: General Correct Craft Discussion
Forum Name: Ski, Ride and Foot Talk
Forum Discription: Share photos, techniques, discuss equipment, etc.
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9008
Printed Date: May-10-2024 at 9:49am

Topic: Barefoot suit
Posted By: skibum1110
Subject: Barefoot suit
Date Posted: November-18-2007 at 7:30pm
I just bought a new iron suit from barefoot int. im a pretty big guy 5'9 270lbs. the suit i got was a 3x. whats the best way to strech it out out a bit? its just a little to tight.

chris

-------------
1992 Ski Nautique
1975 Ski Nautique
2000 Ski Nautique
2006 Ski Nautique 206 Limited
2005 Air Nautique 206 Team

Replies:
Posted By: 87BFN owner
Date Posted: November-18-2007 at 7:53pm
wear it, My 2X was just a bit tight when I bought it. The more I use it the better it fits. Did you soak it before the first use like the instructions said.

-------------
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s95/buckethead1236/Barefooter6-10-09002.jpg" rel="nofollow - MY 87BFN

Posted By: tullfooter
Date Posted: November-18-2007 at 8:58pm
skibum3XL

If you can barely breath, but still breath, the size is perfect.

Steve

-------------
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Posted By: 81nautique
Date Posted: November-19-2007 at 11:37am
The IRON suits are a son of a gun to break in but worth it. It will relax after a dozen or so uses.

-------------
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails

Posted By: skibum1110
Date Posted: November-20-2007 at 11:12pm
I never saw any instructions with it so i'll soak it and then try it... thanks guys

-------------
1992 Ski Nautique
1975 Ski Nautique
2000 Ski Nautique
2006 Ski Nautique 206 Limited
2005 Air Nautique 206 Team

Posted By: 87BFN owner
Date Posted: November-21-2007 at 6:15pm
Make sure after you soak it you allow it to hang wet, the weight of the water will help it stretch while it dries out.

-------------
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s95/buckethead1236/Barefooter6-10-09002.jpg" rel="nofollow - MY 87BFN

Posted By: 64X55
Date Posted: November-23-2007 at 12:30am
I've never owned a barefoot suit. I've got a non- flotation one just for cooler weather.

The only time I could really easily do a deep water start and a tumble turn (relatively smoothly) was wearing a friend's suit. What a difference!

We used to try deep water starts and tumble turns with just swim trunks and a life vest (i.e. no wetsuit). Surprised none of those rides ended with wearing "just a life vest!" I can't believe we used to try that! And never a barefoot boom. Mostly just stepped off a ski or sat on a kneeboard to get going!

No; wait, I think actually the tumble turns were off a boom, but that was the only time (more recently) that I've used a boom. They really make it easy!

Anybody remember a little girl (then) named Laurie (or Lori) Powell (back in the 80's I think - maybe even late 70's)? She would do flying backwards dock starts and everything when she was just a kid!

That was pretty amazing!

-------------
Inboards Rule!

Posted By: eric lavine
Date Posted: November-25-2007 at 1:58pm
she now goes by the name..hollywood

-------------
"the things you own will start to own you"

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: November-25-2007 at 7:10pm
pee in it

Posted By: 64X55
Date Posted: November-26-2007 at 6:16pm
That's funny!
Here's something interesting I found (maybe you other footers here have seen it). A web site and a story about Lori Powell's (mentioned above) twice (1988 and 1990) World Barefooting Champ brother "Rick" who just suddenly quit the barefoot competitive world and "got a real job!"
Pretty neat read...
http://www.barefootcentral.com/WATN_rick_powell.htm

-------------
Inboards Rule!

Posted By: LaurelLakeSkier
Date Posted: November-28-2007 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

she now goes by the name..hollywood

.......Now that's funny!!!!!!

Posted By: mark84bf
Date Posted: December-14-2007 at 5:33pm
What color

-------------
m.s. Amann

Posted By: 75 Tique
Date Posted: January-21-2008 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by 64X55 64X55 wrote:

Anybody remember a little girl (then) named Laurie (or Lori) Powell (back in the 80's I [think - maybe even late 70's)? She would do flying backwards dock starts and everything when she was just a kid!

Back in the early 80s I got pulled over by a cop. I was wearing a T-shirt from a novice BF tourney I had entered. The cop started asking question about it and asked if I was familiar with Lori Powell. I was, so we chatted some more. I got off with a warning.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window