NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

INNOVA 3145 - STO Terminals Problem

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
PT Skier View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PT Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: INNOVA 3145 - STO Terminals Problem
    Posted: January-19-2015 at 9:44am
Hi guys,

Need some help figuring out how to connect my STO connector to the INNOVA 3145 code reader. There seems to be a problem with the terminals on both ends, they don't match. Here is a picture:

How can I solve this? The shape of the STO connector matches with the code reader. I was looking through the engine manual and cables on the STO connector are well placed. So it seems that the terminals on the code reader are not properly placed. Can I change the terminals on the STO connector to match the ones on the code reader? How should I do this? Are there risks of damaging the ECA unit if they are not properly connected?

Thanks!
Ski Nautique 196 OB (1995)
PCM Pro-Boss GT-40 Multiport EFI 5.8L 310hp
750 hours
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2015 at 9:54am
Jose,
The search feature is a wonderful tool! Mark is the sites pro on the subject and he posts in this thread as well as others.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
PT Skier View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PT Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2015 at 11:03am
Yes I know that tool, and I used it... didn't find the answer though, nor did I found anyone facing the same issue.
750 hours
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2015 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by PT Skier PT Skier wrote:

Yes I know that tool, and I used it... didn't find the answer though, nor did I found anyone facing the same issue.

Mark does state which code reader to use for the STO connector. Could that be your problem?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
PT Skier View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PT Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2015 at 8:49pm
So as far as I understood, the connections are Ok and the code reader should work as it is. Only two pins of the code reader connect to the STO plus the individual STI. Is this correct?

BTW, you are right. I was not understanding the writings on the topic you mentioned (although I've seen it before). Maybe you can append the posts on this topic to the one you mentioned above.
750 hours
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2015 at 10:36pm
Jose that is all correct. Exactly the same pins as my reader.

You can see the profile of the connector molded to the reader showing the orientation. The 2 pins not used are the fuel pump wire blue/orange (this is just used as a jumper point to earth. Used to start and test fuel pumps) and the PWR wire (the Innova reader has its own internal battery power source).
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
PT Skier View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PT Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 7:52am
Thank you so much for the feedback. I'll check this with myou mechanic to see if we can start using the device.
750 hours
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic