Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is this and could it cause vibration?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
trvaleri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trvaleri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is this and could it cause vibration?
    Posted: July-22-2012 at 8:54pm
I recently purchased an Air Nautique 220 Team Edition with 37 hours on it. My first day out on the lake I noticed a vibration in turns when I had Perfect Pass set to 20MPH and the engine RPMs went up to maintain speed in the turn. I have no idea what would cause that. The prop and driveline look pristine. When I opened the engine compartment I found a pieve of plastic resting on the steering linkage that was about 2 feet long, 6 inches high with 4-5 serrations on top. Can someone shed some light on what the piece of plastic is and possible causes for the vibration?

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2012 at 9:00pm
All boats will have some vibration to some extent in a turn. Is this your first boat?

Welcome to CCfan. Make sure you get us some pictures as well as a diary submission.

I have no idea what the plastic is. Sorry!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
trvaleri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trvaleri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2012 at 7:32pm
Problem solved! It was a bent prop. I have no idea what I hit, but no doubt about it being bent. I was told it can be repaired as opposed to being replaced. Anyone out there have any experience with a repaired prop?

As for the plastic piece, apparently it goes in the gear tray above the engine and must have fallen down. Mystery solved!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic