Print Page | Close Window

What is this and could it cause vibration?

Printed From: CorrectCraftFan.com
Category: Repairs and Maintenance
Forum Name: Engine Repair
Forum Discription: Engine problems and solutions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=27121
Printed Date: June-09-2024 at 7:33pm

Topic: What is this and could it cause vibration?
Posted By: trvaleri
Subject: What is this and could it cause vibration?
Date Posted: July-22-2012 at 8:54pm
I recently purchased an Air Nautique 220 Team Edition with 37 hours on it. My first day out on the lake I noticed a vibration in turns when I had Perfect Pass set to 20MPH and the engine RPMs went up to maintain speed in the turn. I have no idea what would cause that. The prop and driveline look pristine. When I opened the engine compartment I found a pieve of plastic resting on the steering linkage that was about 2 feet long, 6 inches high with 4-5 serrations on top. Can someone shed some light on what the piece of plastic is and possible causes for the vibration?

Replies:
Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: July-22-2012 at 9:00pm
All boats will have some vibration to some extent in a turn. Is this your first boat?

Welcome to CCfan. Make sure you get us some pictures as well as a diary submission.

I have no idea what the plastic is. Sorry!

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: trvaleri
Date Posted: July-23-2012 at 7:32pm
Problem solved! It was a bent prop. I have no idea what I hit, but no doubt about it being bent. I was told it can be repaired as opposed to being replaced. Anyone out there have any experience with a repaired prop?

As for the plastic piece, apparently it goes in the gear tray above the engine and must have fallen down. Mystery solved!

Print Page | Close Window