NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dogs & ski boats

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
67425ks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67425ks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dogs & ski boats
    Posted: February-25-2012 at 5:25am
Looking foward to warmer weather and started thinking about summertime when we knock off work about once every other week and head to the lake to get our fix. Usually I go with three other friends, my 4 year old son, and of course the family pet, a red heeler. Thought I would post this and see how many of you include your 4 legged friends on your lake trips as well.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2012 at 10:19am
Got a Golden Retriever recently, he'll have to stay on our mother ship we tie up to.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2012 at 10:43am
The only thing my GSD likes more than being on the boat is being in the water.

'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2012 at 12:14pm
We couldn't go without him. I recommend soft paws nail covers to protect the people and interior from scratches.

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2012 at 12:19pm
I lost my cocker co-pilot a few years ago at 14 years old. All I had to do was give the boat horn a quick blast and she would come running no matter how far she had wandered. There is definitely an empty spot in the boat where she should be riding.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2012 at 2:07pm
My favorite dog moment was last season when Our Yellow Lab puppy, Riggs, dropped a duece on the floor of Hollywoods 88, LOL.

Nothing like Puppy Poopy
AirTique98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2012 at 2:46pm
[QUOTE=quinner] My favorite dog moment was last season when Our Yellow Lab puppy, Riggs, dropped a duece on the floor of Hollywoods 88, LOL.

Wow...That's a good friend!!

The one and only time our lab Dixie was in the ski boat.

Most of the time she's swimming, retrieving throw toys, and chillin' out with the Mrs.

Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 5:12am
while I hate having dogs in the boat, I like the smile on the dog in back

This is the life
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 7:10am
No way we can get the boat out without Anakin coming.
He had to stay home a couple of times this year and he was not happy.
Much easier now with the bigger boat.

Anakin in his allocated spot.

If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 1:27pm
Coco & Obie go everywhere with us car, boat, motel - everywhere. If a motels not dog friendly they don't want my money. Good thing more motels are becoming dog friendly.

The funnest thing is our friends dog Lucy, she sleeps the whole time
unless her Mama is on the rope then she's a nerves wreck, like if anything happens to Marie she'll never get fed again.
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

Maximal691 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maximal691 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 1:50pm
I haven't taken the current dog out, he doesnt have webbed feet and doesnt care for water much.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

My favorite dog moment was last season when Our Yellow Lab puppy, Riggs, dropped a duece on the floor of Hollywoods 88, LOL.

Nothing like Puppy Poopy

ROFLOL!!! It couldn't have happened in a better boat!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2012 at 12:48pm
These have been posted on the site before, but I'll take any opportunity to post pics of our pup, K8. Can't seen to keep her out of the water.

mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2012 at 1:16pm
Wake gets to ride in the sport every now and then but he likes the speed and lack of windshield on the jet ski :)

'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2012 at 4:09pm
We had a rider in tow when it happened. We stopped and couldn't really find anything at all to clean it with so I scooped up the solids with smashed beer cans while quinner palmed the rest and was gagging over the gunnel. It was all laughs. I enjoy taking the dogs for rides every now and then but if it's just skiing I prefer to leave them behind.
must_dash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote must_dash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2012 at 5:39pm
Has anybody tried any of the boarding platforms such as paws aboard Paws Aboard or Load a pup?
Our 8yr old Lab loves swimming, but can't climb back on the swim platform. What else do people use?

Tom
1986 Martinique - sold

When we ask for advice, we are usually looking for an accomplice.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2012 at 5:48pm
Chris, that shot in full extension coming off the dock reminds me of our Madi (she passed in 2010). Our new pup, Lexi hasn't mastered that yet.   She still loves the water, but too much of a puppy yet to go out in the boat...
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2012 at 5:50pm
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2012 at 5:59pm
Nice jump.

One of my favorite pics from last summer.
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2012 at 5:59pm
haha Chris that is a great shot!
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2012 at 7:41pm
Captain Oatmeal, always diligently on the lookout for skiers, at the helm of the 'toon and Skipper Electron Volt (also known as eV) going for a classic Waverunner ride. The beagles seldom miss a ride. eV is especially fond of boating.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2012 at 7:50pm
I knew I had a picture somewhere, wings out ready to fly...

Man I miss that poochie...
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2012 at 8:30pm
Nice elevation on that jump Steve!

John, gotta love dog drivers....Katie has yet to master a MV1 but the pontoon is no problem.
sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2012 at 8:46pm

getting this guy to sit still in the boat will be quite the task this summer.
76 Nautique

"If you do what you always did,You'll get what you always got!"

"An empty wagon makes t
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2012 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

I knew I had a picture somewhere, wings out ready to fly...

Man I miss that poochie...

Steve dog dock diving is actually a judged dog sport. That looks like a winning dive to me.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2012 at 10:09pm
Halston that dog actually reminds me of you
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Maximal691 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maximal691 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2012 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by sweet77 sweet77 wrote:

getting this guy to sit still in the boat will be quite the task this summer.

Get him a vest, he'll probably sink like a rock.
sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2012 at 10:37pm
we will find out this summer....
76 Nautique

"An empty wagon makes t
sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2012 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

Halston that dog actually reminds me of you

they say the longer you have them the more you look like em
76 Nautique

"An empty wagon makes t
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic