Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

graphics

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Mike888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: graphics
    Posted: November-01-2011 at 6:55pm
Hi guys, I am restoring a 1975 ski nautique and need the graphics. I saw them advertised on this site and am hoping some one will know how to reach the advertiser. I am getting very close to needing them to finish the project. I am willing to pay $$ for them. reach me here or at mgiddings1@cfl.rr.com I would really appreciate any assistance in this project. Thanks, mike888
Michael
77GANautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77GANautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2011 at 6:57pm
Pls let me know if you find them . Im looking as well ...
j.t.intermodal@att.net
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2011 at 7:54pm
Michael,
Are you sure you saw them advertised here? I'm here quite allot and do not remember seeing them. You do understand the graphics are paint correct? You need a Gerber mask which is a stencil made for paint. If you don't find any art work, the best approach is to trace the originals. The vinyl sign shop will scans the tracing into their computer and then clean up the tracing. They then can cut the Gerber mask.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2011 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Michael,
Are you sure you saw them advertised here? I'm here quite allot and do not remember seeing them.

Better break out the time machine, Pete- we're going all the way back to.... 2009!

Side Graphic Decals 1975-1987
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2011 at 11:19pm
Pete, gerbermask, one word, and it's a brand name, there many types of stencil material on the market. Keith told me the decals Tim posted above didn't work out with the supplier.
Tim D
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2011 at 9:11am
I have a 1978 and need to restore the graphics.I realize they were painted, should they be repainted or are vinyl decals replications ever used. Mine is a bit more complicated as it is the rainbow graphic with red, blue green and yellow all in the lettering. Thanks.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2011 at 9:36am
Steve,
The general consensus with our members is to keep it original so I suggest the mask and paint. The straight line graphins can be done by hand with 3M fine line tape,

Regretably, the PO of my Tique used vinyl but it's coming off ASAP and will be painted.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Mike888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2011 at 10:09am
Hi and thanks for the post 8122pbrainard. I was beginning to think I was crazy. It was a posting by Keith some time in 2008. He had gotten together with Art, and had after a lot of work, created a set of reproduction vinyl graphics that they were going to make available through the CCF store. They were going to have available multiple colors as well as type year reproductions. When posted the price was to be $525.00 for the stern, port and starboard lettering and striping. The example I saw was perfect for the 1975 restoration project I am currently working on. I know that at the factory, at that time, these graphics were painted on; but that talent seems to have evaporated with all the rest of the early artisans.
I have e-mailed Keith, but as of yet I have not heard from him. Thanks for the post, MIke888
Michael
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2011 at 10:13am
Michael,
I guess I forgot about it since the deal never materialized. Of course my memory isn't the greatest anymore ether!

"artisans" are not needed with the mask.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Mike888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2011 at 10:43am
That's It, That's It...... I did see Them Here!!, I did see Them Here!! Now the question is how do I make contact with the right person? e-mail me at mgiddings1@cfl.rr.com or call me at 407-748-7913.
Thanks so much mike888
Michael
Mike888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2011 at 10:48am
That's It, That's It...... I did see Them Here!!, I did see Them Here!! Now the question is how do I make contact with the right person? e-mail me at mgiddings1@cfl.rr.com or call me at 407-748-7913.
Thanks so much mike888
Michael
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2011 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Tim D Tim D wrote:

Keith told me the decals Tim posted above didn't work out with the supplier.

Better plan on painting!

Good reading:

'77 Ski Nautique graphics restoration, part 1

'77 Ski Nautique graphics restoration, part 2
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2011 at 1:39pm
Thanks Pete, I have read enough previously to know the probable answer, the graphics of this boat are a challenge due to the multiple colors. I will get some pictures posted.   Steve
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2011 at 8:24pm
The best masking tape I've ever used is 3M's The Edge. It comes in several widths.
Tim D
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2011 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by DrStevens DrStevens wrote:

Thanks Pete, I have read enough previously to know the probable answer, the graphics of this boat are a challenge due to the multiple colors. I will get some pictures posted.   Steve

Steve,
It's really not a challenge. You just mask off for each color!     Then, paint each on a different day!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2011 at 10:48pm
What type of paint please? It's probably on the site, but I am in diapers on CCF!
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2011 at 11:12pm
believe it or not, they used rustoleum back in the day.
83Ski
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2011 at 2:23am
Yes Steve, Don is correct that it was Rustoleum and CC used the off the self colors that are still available. The stuff sticks to FG pretty well. BTW, yes, it's on site that using the search would show!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2011 at 10:48am

Steve,
It's really not a challenge. You just mask off for each color!     Then, paint each on a different day!!

Pete, are you familiar with the "Rainbow" Nautiques? At a glance, it does not appear to be that simple.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2011 at 11:54am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Steve,

Pete, are you familiar with the "Rainbow" Nautiques? At a glance, it does not appear to be that simple.

Sorry Tim - I was thinking of the red/blue on white and not the "rainbow". Yes, the rainbow isn't as simple but nothing that can't be done with a airbrush and practice.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2011 at 4:02pm
TRBenj, you have the correct Rainbow graphics posted, as you see it will be more of a challenge than a single color. I wasnt going to disagree with any of the Poobah's, will post a photo when I transfer them from my phone. Thanks
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2011 at 4:13pm
Wow, never seen one of those rainbow hulls before, what year(s) did they make those? How many of them are out there?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2011 at 4:56pm
IAughtNuaght, mine is a 1978, I think the boat in the above post is about a 1973. Not sure how many were made, have not seen many on CCF
Mike888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2011 at 1:37pm
Well folks, it looks as though I am destined to have to paint my graphics and stripes. The originals have been removed and the new gel coat has been applied. I don't even have the ghost outline of the original to trace. My new question to the group is: Does anyone have a template that I might borrow or purchase? My boat is a 1975 S.N.
Thanks for the feedback.
                                                    Mike888
Michael
charger496 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charger496 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2011 at 6:27pm
Mike, I took a template from another '77 nautique on my lake this summer with transfer paper. I got the owner's permission weeks earlier, and when I went to trace them, it started pouring rain. The boat was in a covered slip, but mine was just on the side dock tied up, and I hate to get my boat wet... Anyway, I had to apply the paper, trace with sharpie, and remove the paper from about 3ft away. It wasn't too bad for the first couple minutes, but it got old real quick. The tracings came out pretty shaky, so my winter project is to lay them out on the wood floors of my hallway to re-trace them better. I'll try to make an extra copy for you, but if you come up with something in the meantime, please let me know. At this point, I'd probably just buy a proper stencil if they were available.
doubleup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doubleup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2011 at 10:24pm
I have the vinyl graphics for your boat. Call me 1-904-813-5597
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic