Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

351 w No fuel to secondaries

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
tigetoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigetoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 351 w No fuel to secondaries
    Posted: July-31-2005 at 4:42am
I have a 1978 351 having motor problems.

The boat will only go to around 3300 before cutting out.. I have found that there is no fuel coming out of the secondaries even if i manually open there is no fuel???? Tbe bowl has fuel and was mondering what it could be.

thanks

scott
83sn2001 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83sn2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2005 at 5:17pm
If the sec.are not opening on their own then your sec. diaphram may be bad.If that is not it you may have a blockage.Sounds like you may want to rebuild the carb.If so, the sec. diaphram will have to be purchased seperately.You could also have a blockage in the metering plate on the primary side.Either way , I would rebuild the carb.
64 Skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2005 at 11:13am
At 3300 rpm the boat stalls out or just stops accelerating? The secondaries have no fuel and the air valve to the secondaries is opening at 3300 rpm?
64 Skier
66" HO VTX and 67" HO Triumph
71CC
Shaughn View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaughn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2005 at 10:48am
I'd rebuild it too, there's gotta be a blockage somewhere there. While you're at it, assuming it's the vac sec Holley, you may like to ask about the quick change diaphram spring kit. I haven't got mine back together yet but the theory is you time the boat accurately during acceleration then swap springs (takes a minute, has about six different springs) - keep going 'till you get the best performance for your particular setup. I'd like to hear from anyone who's tried it.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic