Forum Name: Boat Maintenance
Forum Discription: Discuss maintenance of your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2175
Printed Date: May-12-2024 at 10:33pm

Topic: 351 w No fuel to secondaries
Posted By: tigetoo
Subject: 351 w No fuel to secondaries
Date Posted: July-31-2005 at 4:42am
I have a 1978 351 having motor problems.

The boat will only go to around 3300 before cutting out.. I have found that there is no fuel coming out of the secondaries even if i manually open there is no fuel???? Tbe bowl has fuel and was mondering what it could be.

thanks

scott

Replies:
Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: July-31-2005 at 5:17pm
If the sec.are not opening on their own then your sec. diaphram may be bad.If that is not it you may have a blockage.Sounds like you may want to rebuild the carb.If so, the sec. diaphram will have to be purchased seperately.You could also have a blockage in the metering plate on the primary side.Either way , I would rebuild the carb.

Posted By: 64 Skier
Date Posted: August-01-2005 at 11:13am
At 3300 rpm the boat stalls out or just stops accelerating? The secondaries have no fuel and the air valve to the secondaries is opening at 3300 rpm?

-------------
64 Skier
66" HO VTX and 67" HO Triumph
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1071&sort=&pagenum=3&yrstart=1971&yrend=1975 - 71CC

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: August-07-2005 at 10:48am
I'd rebuild it too, there's gotta be a blockage somewhere there. While you're at it, assuming it's the vac sec Holley, you may like to ask about the quick change diaphram spring kit. I haven't got mine back together yet but the theory is you time the boat accurately during acceleration then swap springs (takes a minute, has about six different springs) - keep going 'till you get the best performance for your particular setup. I'd like to hear from anyone who's tried it.

Print Page | Close Window