Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Painting the inner hull 73 SN

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
cessnapilot77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cessnapilot77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Painting the inner hull 73 SN
    Posted: January-25-2010 at 1:01pm
     I would like to paint the inner hull of my 73 Ski Nautique. Does anyone know what type of paint that would be suitable for this? The ( inner ) hull has a pretty decent appearance, but it is a dicolored white. I have cleaned the surface with a chemical, and I believe it will take paint. I would also like to paint under the engine cover. I thought that after washing these surface`s, that they would look fine, but they really need a little paint to brighten them up. I would like to avoid having the paint flake off in a couple of years. Thanks for any input. Joe Phillips
cessnapilot_av8tor
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2010 at 1:30pm
Are you wanting to paint your bilge or your whole interior (floor, etc)

I guess either way you can use bilgekote. I had good results and seems to be pretty well priced.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2010 at 1:50pm
Joe,
Bilgekote is certainly a good option and it will be a high gloss. Considering CC used Rustoleum for years on the hull side graphics and didn't have any adhesion problems, it too is a option. Hardware store available plus if you don't want the high gloss, you could go with the semi gloss white.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2010 at 1:52pm
Like Chris said, for your bilge, use Bilgecoat. I painted the inside sides of our Mustang this past spring with a Ben Moore industrial grade urathane floor paint and it came out great. Really nice paint that covers and lays out well. And they got a million colors.
cessnapilot77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cessnapilot77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2010 at 7:20pm
   Thanks guys, I had no idea that they made a paint specifically for this area. I will give it a try.
cessnapilot_av8tor
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic