Print Page | Close Window

Painting the inner hull 73 SN

Printed From: CorrectCraftFan.com
Category: General Correct Craft Discussion
Forum Name: Common Questions
Forum Discription: Visit here first for common questions regarding your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=16363
Printed Date: May-21-2024 at 9:36am

Topic: Painting the inner hull 73 SN
Posted By: cessnapilot77
Subject: Painting the inner hull 73 SN
Date Posted: January-25-2010 at 1:01pm
     I would like to paint the inner hull of my 73 Ski Nautique. Does anyone know what type of paint that would be suitable for this? The ( inner ) hull has a pretty decent appearance, but it is a dicolored white. I have cleaned the surface with a chemical, and I believe it will take paint. I would also like to paint under the engine cover. I thought that after washing these surface`s, that they would look fine, but they really need a little paint to brighten them up. I would like to avoid having the paint flake off in a couple of years. Thanks for any input. Joe Phillips

-------------
cessnapilot_av8tor

Replies:
Posted By: storm34
Date Posted: January-25-2010 at 1:30pm
Are you wanting to paint your bilge or your whole interior (floor, etc)

I guess either way you can use http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/show_product.do?pid=119 - bilgekote . I had good results and seems to be pretty well priced.

-------------

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: January-25-2010 at 1:50pm
Joe,
Bilgekote is certainly a good option and it will be a high gloss. Considering CC used Rustoleum for years on the hull side graphics and didn't have any adhesion problems, it too is a option. Hardware store available plus if you don't want the high gloss, you could go with the semi gloss white.

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: Riley
Date Posted: January-25-2010 at 1:52pm
Like Chris said, for your bilge, use Bilgecoat. I painted the inside sides of our Mustang this past spring with a Ben Moore industrial grade urathane floor paint and it came out great. Really nice paint that covers and lays out well. And they got a million colors.

-------------

Posted By: cessnapilot77
Date Posted: January-25-2010 at 7:20pm
   Thanks guys, I had no idea that they made a paint specifically for this area. I will give it a try.

-------------
cessnapilot_av8tor

Print Page | Close Window