NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"Go Orginal Fans" - you’re gonna hate it

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
63CCSN View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63CCSN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Go Orginal Fans" - you’re gonna hate it
    Posted: February-12-2007 at 7:58am
Found this cla$$ic Correct Craft on ebay.

Love it or hate it?

For my $0.02 I'm not a big fan of it. If you want all that, fine. But why do that to a cla$$ic?
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 8:37am
I admire the craftmanship. Looks like it was all done first rate. Just not my personal style. BKH
Livin' the Dream

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 8:39am
66ccsn, Is there a law that says that you can't do that to a cla$$ic ride,if not there should BE.......boat dr
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 8:40am
I love it. Best custom job I've ever seen. I like original, but would much rather see an old CC that needed total restoration be done up like that, rather than turn it into a bar or some sort of ornament.
63CCSN View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63CCSN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 9:41am
Nope no law, and to each their own. The work is first rate. Really, it's impressive.

I'm just asking why do that to a rare boat when there are so many other boats that are not as rare, and would, if done up, would display their work just as well.

And I agree with Riley, it is better than the boat sitting in a boneyard somewhere with the stringers rotting, the hull hogging out of shape with rain water pooling in the bilge and that 327 freezing up.

Just not my cup of tea.
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

...would much rather see an old CC that needed total restoration be done up like that, rather than turn it into a bar or some sort of ornament.

You beat me to the punch. I would much rather see some "pimp my boat" special, rather it being used for a bar or something of the sort. Although, I would rather see it as a bar, than sent to the scrap yard.

I don't really like the boat, but what a nice job someone did on it. Who would take the time to turn that boat into what looks like an advertising scheme for someone? Nice job on the boat, but I'm not buying.

IMO, keep it as close to original as possible.

-JMurph
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 10:13am
Murph,
I think it is an advertizing "banner" if you will for JL Audio... I'd like to see the bank of batteries this rig has to even light all those speakers up?? Bet it doesn't even have an engine, just amps under the doghouse...Unfortunately, no one's going to buy it for that price... Too Bad.. I'm sure the hour meter on the work done is out the roof..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 10:18am
Nicely done, I see it as advertising and not a cla$$ic CC. Those seats don't look comfortable at all.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 10:24am
Definately an add for his audio business. Nicely done but excessive as most of that over the top audio is.

Practical, not really but I'm sure that was not the intent either.

The boat itself and the workmanship without all the audio gaga is actually pretty darn cool.
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 11:15am
yeah, cool boat, looks like very nice work, just too much... i hate to even say this word "Bling" for me, but still very well done...

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 12:16pm
some of you guys need bifocals...
"the things you own will start to own you"
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 12:55pm
Hey, new tv show, Pimp My Boat!
Tim D
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 12:57pm
Wait just a second, you bunch of overly opinionated jacka$$es! I think that boat looks FANTASIC! I like it so much that I've had some new styling performed on my '63 Cla$$ic which my real friends tell me is the bomb, so I obviously need to find a new website of boat friends to hang with. Riley, you're welcome to go for a ride, but nobody else.

ReidP
1973 Mustang

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 1:03pm
Tim ,i see thatReidP is ready and willing to be the first to get this show off the ground.Are there any more ?
ReidP how are they going to the DOGS,to the color scheme?Do they change the color of the boat to match the dogs or vice versa,the color s now are too busy,need more chocolate,ie dogs..........boat dr
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 1:16pm
Nice job Reid! You got the neon lights under that girl?

I saw the boat on ebay last night and about puked!!! nice workmanship, but beyond that? yukkk... (and some of us dont even want to cut the dash for a radio)

btw: Reid you forgot to turn your hat around!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 1:33pm
Eric, I wear TRIFOCALS and even had a hard time looking at it. I think dark sun gla$$es would be better to shield the eyes from the bright colors. Someone will buy it as we all do have different tastes.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 1:41pm
I have to say that is one BAD CUSTOM !!!
That is the best job I have seen yet !!!

Nautique Frk
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 2:34pm
Frk, were you talking about my new real deal boat or the ebay imposter?

Doc, forget about the brown dogs. For some reason, my chocolates won't ride in it now. I'm getting me several poodles who know what cla$$ is all about.......and with lime dog vests.

Steve, I'm still a novice at being cool. I'll try and remember the hat. The neon lights short out every time I launch her.

I did the graphics myself.

ReidP
1973 Mustang

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 3:08pm
reidp, gotta have those little yappy poodles,not the real onesthat stand 3 ft. tall.The lime vests go wellw/white dog.
And ya gotta ditch the hat,too redneck,replace with one of those Skipper hats.
It only costs a little more to go first cla$$,and by the way what do the graphics say on the side of this new custom pimp ride ?
       boat dr
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 3:20pm
sh*tique?
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 3:47pm
OK Kevin, I guess you can ride too. At least you picked up on the graphics. Maybe I'll bring her to "Green" Lake.

ReidP
1973 Mustang

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 3:57pm
Reid, I'd love a ride in that Cla$$ic, but I got to tell you, if you did her over like that, I'll be chumming the whole way.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 4:49pm
If he hasn't sold that boat before July we should talk him into bringing it to Green lake.

I bet if we cranked that sucker up to 11 for about a half hour all the fish in the lake would float to the top dead, we could have a heck of a fish fry.
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 6:24pm
Reid , Your custom job is far better.
Did you make the V drive mod too !!
All you need now is......... A TOWER loaded with speakers and kc daylighters !!

Just kidding, you do that to your cla$$ic and you loose you're membership to Boat Club !!

FRK
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 6:27pm
Tim D
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 6:43pm
Tim,

Very nice! But, I'd say that is "surround sound."
(The dogs look embara$$ed.)

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 7:25pm
preety amazing craftsmanship
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 7:45pm
I bet the owner is George Jetson
hasbeenskier
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 8:31pm
Those dogs ARE embarresed. I am surprised they don't bite Reid.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 9:11pm
He needs a pimp hat!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic