NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Muscatine IA .. "Spring boat show!"

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Muscatine IA .. "Spring boat show!"
    Posted: November-07-2006 at 8:37am
Hey All!
Mark your "2007 events calander" for a boat show in Muscatine Iowa..... The date is Sat May 19th ,07..with rain date on Sun the 20th.
Its the first year for it..Muscatine is about 20 miles from the Quad City area, on the Missippi River, about 2.5 -3 hrs from Chcago..2 hrs from Des Moines, etc.

Its a no charge event..all boats are welcome.. woodies, cla$$ic 'gla$$, drag boats, hydros ..even old rowboats and canoes...   if its neat ...bring it!

Plans for a BBQ (or something )are in the works...

A web site is under construction and will be updated as the schedule unfolds...
http://www.muscatineboatshow.com/

All input is welcome! THOUGHTS?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2006 at 9:03am
Sounds interesting, particularly if it coincides with my son's graduation from Drake (in Des Moines). Besides muscrats and corn, what's in Muscatine?
Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2006 at 9:34am
Hi Chuck,
Dave, the organizer of the event,
says theres a completely re-done riverfront with an historic downtown close by, a new skateboard park ,AND Muscatine is the "watermelon capitol of the WORLD"!..(probably a little early for fresh ones tho) etc ..heres a pic of the park he sent me:

(there IS a skateboard park, however I think this photo's been doctored )

Ive never been there, but will post updates , etc as i get them!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2006 at 11:43am
have to time that jump over the railing at the bottom just right or its a hard fall I'm guessing.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2006 at 11:54am
I'm getting nauseous just looking at that photo.

I'm calling photoshop!
copcraft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2006 at 3:34pm
Call me crazy, I can't believe they took the time to put storm sewers on a street with that steep of grade...
Muscatine Boat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muscatine Boat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2006 at 8:38am
I talked with 64 American Skier and just want to update this post. The website www.muscatineboatshow.com is now up and going and will be updated as information comes and details firm up. Go to the website and you can see the renovation to the riverfront in the photogallery. It is really nice. We are also working to bring boat racing back to Muscatine and would work that into the event. This year we will have some high performance racing boats there for an exhibition during the day and various sanctions are looking at how Muscatine can be brought into their circuits. If you have any question feel free to contact me from the website or this forum. have a great New Year and plan on coming to the show!

Dave
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2006 at 2:05am
I hope thats not the boat ramp!!
69 Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2006 at 2:09am
Well MM,

If that is the ramp, it should solve the hooked or unhooked while launching/retrieving debate.
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

"Where the **** are we?" Amelia Earhart. July 2, 1937
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2006 at 10:46am
Steve,
Thanks for posting this info, Date is penciled in.

See you there
Muscatine Boat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muscatine Boat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2006 at 11:10am
The skate board ramp is just one of those pictures I couldn't pa$$ up. Our boat ramps are brand new and are shown on the photogalley of the website. I know it is early for getting the word out but I want you to mark your calendars now. It is time to get an event right here in the Midwest that gives us the best of both worlds that you don't have to drive to the east or west coast for. I have just been in conversation with a couple of gentlemen who are also planning on coming to the event. The vintage hyro guys are coming to look at making this a sanctioned stop on their schedule and are bringing some boats for testing in exhibition this year. I then received a e-mail from Dave Shook who is the World's Fastest Ba$$ Boat per the APBA from Hendersonville, NC. Check out his website www.shookboat.net I believe. Is that cool or what! He is checking his schedule but didn't think there was a race that day. Anyway, with drag boats coming on nitrous, and jet boat record holders along with everything else that you just don't see on a regular basis it should provide something for everybody! Please e-mail a picture of your boat and a little about it at our website and I will place it on the website!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year you all!
Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic