Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1989 Ski Nautique Decals

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
pjsmoreno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjsmoreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1989 Ski Nautique Decals
    Posted: January-19-2021 at 2:55pm

I started a couple of summers ago of cleaning my gelcoat on my 1989 Ski Nauqitue. Well during the process I removed the transom decal of the “Competition Ski Nautique” thinking it would be an easy to replace. Well as I know now this is not so easy finding another decal let alone finding the 2 hull side decals.

I have since moved on to the sides this winter cleaning but this time not removing the “Ski Nautique” decals.  

I have tried Nautiqueparts.com and they said they don’t supple them any longer due to not low sales (basically) and N3Boatworks.com, am still waiting on a response from them. Both places I have ask if possible of getting the files for the decals to have done locally but that would be a stretch. Nautiqueparts.com did not have a comment on that.

Now I’m considering making my own file.

Question:

What would be the process to go about this?

I read an older post that to create a file I need to make a stencil of the letters. Is this correct?

My daughter works is a graphic designer so she will be able to lay it out with the correct software file

If and when I get this done, my plan is to make the file available for others here.

I would appreciate any help…..

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2021 at 3:13pm
Don't know about now days but at one time N3 bought their decals from Nautique parts. One thing about decals is that they do have a shelf life,keep that in mind if you happen to come across some. If I was you I'd think about contacting these guys especially if you could get a tracing of your old decals-  vinylapproach.com
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
SunFun View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunFun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2021 at 7:08pm
I got decals for my 1989 SN from:

1989 SN 2001
pjsmoreno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjsmoreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2021 at 7:55am
Have been in touch with Adam (email) and he is the one saying they no longer carrying them.
Thanks for the help....
pjsmoreno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjsmoreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2021 at 8:02am
As soon as I get the observer seats cushion and skins completed, I'll be moving forward in getting  the tracing completed. I am looking for a nice clean  picture shot of the transom decal so I can make a good tracing.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2021 at 7:21am
https://www.nautiqueparts.com/product/decal-hull-1988-ski-nautique-2001-transom-sides-etc/

At least you have the "Ski Nautique" side decals and also the "Competition ski boat" transom decal.
Maybe if you contact them, they can help you with the "2001" decal, as they are smaller than the '88 model.

Edit: they have them too:  

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

wkeith View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wkeith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2021 at 8:50am
I have a 1990 SN and would be interested in the correct side decals and the transom decal. My transom decal is faded, but intact if a picture of that would help for tracing let me know.
Walter
fahtal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fahtal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2021 at 10:04am
if you want you can trace them yourself. 

take a picture of the decals en import the picture in inkscape https://inkscape.org/

search for a tracing tutorial with inscape on youtube and voila you have an drawing to send to your local decal guy 

or grab the picture form the link above and send it to your decal guy. he can prabably trace from that picture himself. 

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2021 at 10:16am
Originally posted by fahtal fahtal wrote:

if you want you can trace them yourself. 

take a picture of the decals en import the picture in inkscape https://inkscape.org/

search for a tracing tutorial with inscape on youtube and voila you have an drawing to send to your local decal guy 

or grab the picture form the link above and send it to your decal guy. he can prabably trace from that picture himself. 

Frank,
I highly recommend NOT using a photo for hull side graphics. Unlike a tracing of the actual, it doesn't compensate for the hull curvature. Not wanting to embarrass members who have used the method, I'd be happy to PM you their rather humorous results. Post some pictures showing us how your hull side graphics turned out on the boat using the photo method. 

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2021 at 10:51am
I feel like this has been covered a number of times... but:

-88 and 89-90 decals are not the same. 88 are white only and are cut.

-89-90 were printed on clear and bicolor. This makes them more difficult to reproduce (tricky for low volume custom stuff). They were available in a number of different combos, most commonly white with gray shadow, gray with white shadow, and black with gray shadow... but others as well.

Call Nautique parts on 89-90 availability if they’re showing the small 2001 pieces. The guy who used to do N3’s stuff has been tough to get ahold of but I’ve gotten a few sets from him in recent years.

rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2021 at 11:41am
Bummer we lost our graphics files from the reference section when the website crashed.  I do not know if it will help, but I have a small jpg I grabbed when I had the graphics etched on a tumbler.  

Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2021 at 5:42pm
I may have those 88 files from old site if they are tiff files. I replaced all the decals on my 89 before N3 had the correct ones printed on the clear vinyl. They came out OK but were never truely correct. Have pictures of all original decals on a 89 also.

If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
phaughey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phaughey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2022 at 9:58pm
wizard
phaughey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phaughey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2022 at 10:09pm
I got the side decals , " SKI NAUTIQUE "  " 2001 " "THE GLOBE " " AME 4000 " " AWSA "and pin stripe from nautique parts.com in the spring of 2011. They didn't have the transom decal  " COMPETITION SKI NAUTIQUE " found that at https://garzonstudio.com/1989-correct-craft-competition-ski-nautique-rear-decal.html . I didn't buy it kinda expensive lol
wizard
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic