NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SJRR 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 26>
Author
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2014 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Smithfamily Smithfamily wrote:

Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

[QUOTE=kapla] Wow i had blast!

I'm a no-go for White Lake but perhaps we can do a Va/Tenn/Ohio Mini too.... Look forward to spending more time hanging with the Correct Craft Family!

Smith's would love to make White Lake, but doubtful. Steve, I sure missed meeting you?!? Were you at the Saturday eve BBQ? Va/Tenn/Ohio??

My wife votes for a Smith Mountain Lake mini last week of June. We usually do 2 trips up there a summer and this year she's nagging to bring the SN.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2014 at 11:01am
Yep - at BBQ - Gray mechanic's shirt. I saw a ham come in late and leave early ....didn't know who it was associated with! I was hitting the crab pretty hard.... helping with "clean up". Thanks Pallmer!

Not good weather for foiling Saturday though... Brought the easy up handle for you, if you needed it. Helps with initial stability.

I live in SW VA - So, I am up for local but spent most of my work credits for a long distance trip.
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2014 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

[QUOTE=kapla] Wow i had blast!

I'm a no-go for White Lake but perhaps we can do a Va/Tenn/Ohio Mini too.... Look forward to spending more time hanging with the Correct Craft Family!

Smith's would love to make White Lake, but doubtful. Steve, I sure missed meeting you?!? Were you at the Saturday eve BBQ? Va/Tenn/Ohio??
Js
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2014 at 5:29am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Like General McArthur, Eddie and Jbear return

That is a great picture with a very fitting comment

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2014 at 10:19pm
Like General McArthur, Eddie and Jbear return

Reid and I kept Art busy

Looking from pier to show

Ken Meloon's Mustang

Godfathers ride

Art brought the Nautique

Boat corral

Shameless plug

And finally,one of the white leg contestants

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2014 at 5:13am
Very cool pictures Steve! Thanks for posting.

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2014 at 3:08am
Part of the "CCF Ambassador Crew" at Saturday nights dinner..

Mr. Ralph addressing the audience after dinner..

Terry presenting a copy of the oil painting of the Hurricane to Mr. Ralph..(we missed getting the original painting at the auction by "this much")

2:30 Sunday afternoon.. time to start the 1200 mile trip home..

Even tho the weeks weather was so-so. , it was a GREAT week and definitely worth dragging the 73 around all week!

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2014 at 2:52am
A slow cruise on the SJR..

Billy, Karen, Addie, and Roger, cruising on what I understand is the rare glass of Lake George.. (btw..all up front to keep warm)

Winter coat, scarf, flannel shirt.. you sure we are in Florida?

Pam with the 73 at the show..

jbear and backfoot and me just chillin in the ol 73 at the show ..

Pretty maids, all in a row...

Mr Ralph signing my owners manual at the show..

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2014 at 2:37am
Finally getting time to post a few pics...

This is what 4 qts of 80-90 gear lube,leaking from a rear pinion seal does to your boat..took 3 hours to clean the hull. Decided to finish the bottom at a car wash...

Billy gesturing how much FUN a Chevy powered boat is..

After we took the factory tour.. check out who we met coming into work!

had to get a pic of the 73 in front of the factory sign..

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2014 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by Smithfamily Smithfamily wrote:

You should keep notes, someday you could write a book.

Too late. Several at the river house already bought the rights to the Deen boys Reunion stories. The Deen girls were lovely and perfectly behaved. It was nice to finally meet you mom and to see you sister again.

Sorry for the troubles with retrieving the boat. Happy Birthday buddy.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2014 at 9:31pm

Late Saturday afternoon, after the horrific storms, a trip to Silver Glen Springs. Boys in the water, sun going down. Beautiful.

Rain coming down, Kelly seeking cover, Emily playing games!!

Js
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2014 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

Dang, that Adam certainly is rough on the equipment but heck is seems to be having fun and isn't that what it's about?

True, and truer Just a trailer busted for another adventure, no biggy. You should keep notes, someday you could write a book.
Js
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2014 at 8:13pm
Dang, that Adam certainly is rough on the equipment but heck is seems to be having fun and isn't that what it's about?
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2014 at 8:09pm
With all the trailer issues maybe a trailer co. for the raffle...
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
86nautique454 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86nautique454 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2014 at 7:23pm
I'm sure it's the standard DUI answer. " I have only had two beers".

Bobby
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2014 at 6:40pm
Holy hell Adam, how far did you back it in? To your bumper? With the water as high as it was this year you shouldn't have found the end of the ramp that easily.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
ChristinesMarine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChristinesMarine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2014 at 6:24pm
ChristinesMarine.com April Special is Glove Box Mania! No foolin' here! Go to Parts for Sale to find the link. Site won't let me post the link in more than one post at the same time.

Glad we could help with the new liver IAughtNaut!!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2014 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

Left parramores at 10:40, pulled into the BBC a little after 7:00, left there at 7:40 and made it back to Cleveland at 2:40am...16 hours total. I'm gonna have to be a little smarter about that plan next year, cause that was no fun.

Very sorry for your problems!! However, You have a tried and true Smart Plan!! Leave your boat and trailer at home and break someone else's? That worked out fine? I would be glad to have you in my boat, but with all those kids, there is no room?! Glad you got it back safe. Happy Birthday.
Js
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2014 at 4:54pm
Haven't gotten to any of the videos yet, I've been pretending to work today, but this was definitely the week of IAughtNaut trailer issues.

Flat tire 100 miles south of charlotte on the way down, and then some of you were around to witness this fun yesterday morning

As nice as it was for Butch to let us use his ramp all week, it did not do me any favors on Monday. The bunk with all the tape got completely ripped off, the tape is just holding the carpet on. Thank God for Gary, cause he put it together just enough to get the boat on it to get it home. You may also notice that the front cross member is all bent up, and its difficult to see, but behind the third piece of duck tape the bottom of the trailer frame is bent up on both sides. Looks like we found the end of the ramp the hard way...fortunately I dropped the truck in 4L and yanked through it, with the boat on top of the trailer fender of course.

Then when we got it on the trailer I found the real damage done by knocking the bunk off...ouch

Left parramores at 10:40, pulled into the BBC a little after 7:00, left there at 7:40 and made it back to Cleveland at 2:40am...16 hours total. I'm gonna have to be a little smarter about that plan next year, cause that was no fun.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2014 at 4:20pm
I bought a new liver on craigslist with mine...after this week mine was shot, and all bruised up from Hollywood's forehand ping pong serve
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2014 at 3:10pm
George, thank you for the generous $100 donation to my "boat fund".
Bought a few things from you recently.
Now I owe Marty Mabe $40 for the great "Sport Nautique" spare tire cover that was waiting in my mailbox when I arrived home from the SJRR.
It was a pleasure to meet you and Nick, but I missed the pretty one Christine!
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2014 at 2:52pm
What is the special this month George? Thank you for your sponsorship of this great event.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2014 at 2:51pm
What is the special this month George?
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
ChristinesMarine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChristinesMarine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2014 at 2:41pm
     It was truly our pleasure to be a sponsor of the SJRR !   I've always thought that our customers were the nicest people around and meeting many of you proved it !    I think it would be interesting to find out how each $100.00 winner spent the money! I'm betting 3 winners spent it on beer and 2 spent it on gas.

We would like to thank everyone involved in putting the whole event together. Billy and Karen are a pleasure to deal with, (Billy, you owe me $10.00 for that), and we look forward to next year. They may not recover until about time for next year!

Remember......Your Dream Boat is Our Passion!

P.S. Billy and Jody- Y'all can quit being mad at me, the impellers aren't on sale anymore!

George
audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2014 at 11:16am
Thanks to Adam for giving me a chance to ski In March!! and thanks to Kurtis for letting me hop onboard his boat. Being a newbie, I didn't know what to expect. What a great bunch of guys, I am so glad I got to meet some of the CCF family and put some faces to the names. Thanks to everyone involved for all their hard work in making this a most enjoyable event!!
1989 Correct Craft 2001

In the words of Milton Berle: "You can lead a man to Congress but you can't make him think"
audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2014 at 11:14am
Thanks to Adam for giving me a chance to ski In March!! and thanks to Kurtis for letting me hop onboard his boat. Being a newbie, I didn't know what to expect. What a great bunch of guys, I am so glad I got to meet some of the CCF family and put some faces to the names. Thanks to everyone for making this a most enjoyable event!!
1989 Correct Craft 2001

In the words of Milton Berle: "You can lead a man to Congress but you can't make him think"
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2014 at 1:08am
Originally posted by weitekampt weitekampt wrote:

Sorry JBear.....after those FEW drinks I had I was concerned I may saw some logs. My apologies!

So I am laying on the other couch in the living room about 3am wondering...'how does Mrs. Weitekampt ever get any sleep?'

those 'FEW' drinks........huh?

it was very cool to see you...been way to long.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2014 at 12:52am

Docked up at Palm Gardens Marina on Friday morning prior to heading over to the boat show.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2014 at 12:42am
A big shout out to Reid for all of the boats he brought to the show!
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2014 at 12:36am
Mr. Ralph said he has signed a lot of motor boxes while in the boat in his time but he has never had someone bring one to him like I did to sign! Thanks Mr. Ralph!
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 26>
  Share Topic