Forum Name: CorrectCraftFan.com Reunions
Forum Discription: Discussion around the annual CorrectCraftFan.com Reunions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=31812
Printed Date: June-16-2024 at 9:05am

Topic: SJRR 2014
Posted By: kapla
Subject: SJRR 2014
Date Posted: October-15-2013 at 4:57pm
I know theres plenty of time till march...
But as Im planning a trip I need to plan ahead...
Is there a estimate date for the 2014 reunion?

-------------
<a href="">1992 ski nautique

Replies:
Posted By: Donald80SN
Date Posted: October-15-2013 at 6:02pm
March 28 Th - March 30 Th is the weekend. Most stay from Thursday to Monday.

I got these dates by Googling the Mt. Dora Boat Show , Sunnyland Chapter, Mt. Dora Florida. The last few years, the SJRR has been the same weekend as the Mt. Dora Show. This year the show will feature Correct Craft. I have heard the SJRR will be the same weekend as the boat show. Boat Dr. has been taking wooden CC boats to the show the last few years.

I hope you make it to the event.

Donald

Posted By: Smithfamily
Date Posted: October-15-2013 at 6:34pm
That would be great to meet you "Kapla"! We will be there! One of the best trips of the year, Crew says!

-------------
Js

Posted By: IAughtNaut
Date Posted: October-15-2013 at 7:12pm
I don't care how far away March is, could not be happier to see this thread show up. I know Billy's been putting some thought to it already...Mr Doctor?

-------------
bring the ruckus
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5347" rel="nofollow - 2000 Pro Air

Date Posted: October-15-2013 at 7:24pm
ok and how far is this from orlando...or mia?
I will start checking tickets and accomodations...
Fortunately for me looks like im going alone..sorry guys miss Kapla stays at home with the kids...(it cost me a black friday trip to mia with her friends) ouch!
LOL
Someone willing to host me for a week?

-------------

Posted By: Silver15
Date Posted: October-15-2013 at 7:45pm
kapla, the river run is about 2hrs (80 miles) out of Orlando depending on your route.

-------------
2000 Air/Sport
1978 T16

Posted By: juniorwoody
Date Posted: October-15-2013 at 11:54pm
Glad to see this show up also. Will be attending with Burton and a few other interested parties and the Atom Skier will be there hopefully as a runner or worst case a static display because Correct Craft gets a moment of fame this year as featured manufacturer.

-------------
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future

Posted By: bhectus
Date Posted: October-16-2013 at 12:12am
Myself, Stacey, and Jillian will be there again, this year with the '02. 4 different boats in 4 years. That has to be some kind of record right?

-------------
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001

Date Posted: October-16-2013 at 12:58am
It's ON!!

-------------
Js

Date Posted: October-16-2013 at 10:45am
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

ok and how far is this from orlando...or mia?
I will start checking tickets and accomodations...
Fortunately for me looks like im going alone..sorry guys miss Kapla stays at home with the kids...(it cost me a black friday trip to mia with her friends) ouch!
LOL
Someone willing to host me for a week?

Sebastion, You are welcome to stay at my place here in Orlando, perhaps arrival and departure days? As far as Parramores, we have a two bedroom cabin maxed out, but I am sure one of the others will have room to share? I am not too far from the boat show in Mt Dora, Sweetwater Country club. (Apopka, Fl) Parramores is about an hour north of me.

-------------
Js

Date Posted: October-16-2013 at 10:57am
Kapla,

The closest Air Port to Astor Fl (Parramores) is Daytona. Several have flown into Daytona in the past. The St. Johns Rivers flows backwards from Orlando to Jacksonville, Fla. Miami would be a very long haul. You may want to hit Disney in Orlando while in the states.

I hope this helps,

Donald

Posted By: JPASS
Date Posted: October-16-2013 at 3:30pm
So glad this thread popped up. This will be our first time heading out to the SJRR as we just got our first CC this June.

Can't wait to see some faces behind these screen names. Where does everyone meet up and put in at?

Kapla: If you have a desire to see Disney when you are here, I can help you with that. Just let me know.

-------------
'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique

Date Posted: October-16-2013 at 3:35pm
Most everyone sets up camp at Parramore's. If you don't have a cabin or campsite already call them quick-like because a lot of people book before they leave the year before. There's a ramp at the campground but its sketchy...we came dangerously close to losing a very nice boat off the back of a trailer last year, with several experiened boaters doing the docking. There's a public ramp probably 2-3 miles up the river that's much nicer.

-------------
bring the ruckus
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5347" rel="nofollow - 2000 Pro Air

Date Posted: October-16-2013 at 4:25pm
Doubt I'll be coming out during the week as I have to work, but was planning on heading over Friday eve and/or Saturday. Just wanted to know where everyone puts in at and where they meet. Maybe some of the local guys can enlighten me. Being in Orlando, I doubt I am more than an hours drive away.

-------------

Date Posted: October-16-2013 at 5:36pm
Im planning a week, just me. Id like to foot as much as possible and meet as much CCF as possible...
On the foot thing I though about going to a school of the Orlando area..but if I can skip that and foot with a CCF much better!
Im not going to Disney, Ill leave that for next trip with the kids.

-------------

Posted By: Morfoot
Date Posted: October-16-2013 at 5:54pm
Kap, I wouldn't worry too much about a place to stay. Just the fact that you want to make the trip up is well enough that you'll find a place to stay with NO PROBLEM what so ever. Can't say enough about CCFans and their generosity you WILL have a place to lay your head.
It hasn't been said but if the Mrs. will let you then plan a LONG extended weekend at the least. Lots of folks start heading in around Thursday and leave on Monday. Learned that one a couple years ago. If you only plan to stay Fri eve, Sat and leave Sun you'll be sorry you did.

The previous posts have pretty much nailed the rest. There will be somewhat of a change than previous years as Correct Craft is the feature Manufacturer this year at the Dora boat show. Won't be enough time to do a Hontoon island River Run plus feedback from regular attendees the long run cuts into ski/foot time on the river in order to be back for the annual cookout back at Parramores. We will probably do some preliminary scouting to find a central point on the river for rafting up for those newer boats not in the show (75 and up) so the usual floating CC Armarda can commence while others ski in front of it.

Those of you who may have forgotten or new attendees be aware that Parramores requires the full amount paid in full when you book a cabin. Should something happen and you can't make it then you have up to a year to use it, or you lose it. Should you not be able to make it you can always post it here in this thread and someone may be able to take the cabin off your hands for what you paid for it. Just letting you know this ahead of time so you don't freak when they hit you for the full amount. Lori and her staff are TOP KNOTCH and go above and beyond to take care of us CCFans as we invade their campground for the long weekend. Some of the Bluehaired natives don't care much for us but it's probably because we ski and drive REALLY LOUD boats. Heaven forbid you if you park in their designated covered slip by accident. They FREAK OUT!

As always.... more to come....stay tuned for future details.

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Date Posted: October-16-2013 at 8:35pm
Am I able to use the ramp at Parramore's if I don't have a cabin? If not, then I'll have to find the closest public ramp I guess.

-------------

Date Posted: October-16-2013 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by JPASS JPASS wrote:

Am I able to use the ramp at Parramore's if I don't have a cabin? If not, then I'll have to find the closest public ramp I guess.

Yes, we kind of take over. But in a nice way.

The larger boats some times go to the camp next door. titled something Like Blue Moon, but I am drawing a blank right now. They seem to have a nicer ramp at that Fish Camp. The Jungle Den on the other side also has a ramp, but I have not heard about its condition.

JMO,

Donald

Date Posted: October-16-2013 at 11:21pm
Cool. I think you're thinking of Blue Creek-South Moon Fishing Camp.

-------------

Date Posted: October-17-2013 at 12:37am
Yes, South Moon.

Date Posted: October-17-2013 at 2:39pm
Who snagged my "Shellcracker" Cabin? Had to book next door, the "Squirrel" one less bathroom, with THREE Teenage girls!! You will be seeing me at the campground's bathhouse! Snooze you lose! Better confirm those accomodations.

-------------
Js

Posted By: 86nautique454
Date Posted: October-17-2013 at 6:04pm
My wife and I and our two boys will be there again this year.

Date Posted: October-17-2013 at 6:38pm
Bass Beds is booked. :) Woot!!

-------------
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001

Date Posted: October-17-2013 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by 86nautique454 86nautique454 wrote:

My wife and I and our two boys will be there again this year.

Lets give a check to all electrical connections!! Looking forward to seeing you all again! Kids are happy boys are coming! "Manhunt"

-------------
Js

Date Posted: October-18-2013 at 3:36pm
Never had it stall after that day, it's ran great. I'm sure the boys are up to a good game of manhunt

Date Posted: October-24-2013 at 2:00pm
Im booking tickets from 3-26 arriving to orlando on 3-27 and back to argentina 4-2...
See ya there!

-------------

Date Posted: October-24-2013 at 2:42pm
Awesome news Sebastian.... No doubts that you'll have a smile plastered on your face the entire time you're there. I'm sure I speak for many and we look forward to finally meeting you in person.

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Posted By: jbear
Date Posted: October-25-2013 at 1:03am
gonna share some time on the water here with Kap & Eddie. talked to him last nite on facebook. he is gonna crash here for a nite or 2. not sure what me & Patti's plans are just yet...but am looking forward to this as always. Correct Craft is featured at the Boat Show this year so I hope to be a part of that. Depends on work as always.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Date Posted: October-25-2013 at 8:57am
I was talking to Stacey last night about trailering down to Mt Dora on Saturday and putting in on the chain. Might be cool go to the boat show via water and that chain of lakes is beautiful.

-------------
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001

Posted By: jackiewdeen
Date Posted: October-27-2013 at 6:15pm
Great to see this much early response on the thread. the wife and I have a cabin booked for Fri. and Sat. night for sure. I may be truck sleeping Thurs. night but I hope to be there no later than Thur. noon or maybe Wed.

Boat Dr. wants me to pull to Mt. Dora for Friday display, so may need a Friday ride If IAughtNaught arrives late.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5597" rel="nofollow - 75 Nautique

Date Posted: October-27-2013 at 8:38pm
Throw you right in with the Smith kids Mr Jackie!

-------------
Js

Date Posted: October-27-2013 at 10:09pm
What a nice guy.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5597" rel="nofollow - 75 Nautique

Date Posted: October-31-2013 at 8:40pm
Smith family will be around heading from show area to Parramores. We will throw you in the back with the kids, but remember, any shenanigans, I hit all and get the right one!!

-------------
Js

Date Posted: November-08-2013 at 2:21pm
See ya there guys got my tickets today!
I arrive there on 3/26. Till 4/2..

-------------

Posted By: boat dr
Date Posted: November-08-2013 at 3:35pm
Sorry that I have been absent over the last few months,but ilness on both sides have slowed Karen and I down a bit.
SJRR 2014 will bigger and better attended than last year, but with a few small changes.
These will be posted here before the March date.The Sunnyland event is a venue for all CCFans to display your classic CC.
Year models of 1975 and older boats will be on display,with that being said, we will have a limit on land display boats , same for water display.
If you would like to help out with this event in any way , please do. We will need first class boats for the show, and eager members to help out during the two day event .
   There are many ways to support this event and to show how much the Maloon Family have changed our lifestyle..............Billy

Phone # for info or to reg. is still the same...............
                     318-386-2825

-------------
boat dr

/diaries/details.asp?ID=4631 - 1949 Dart
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1533 - 1964 American Skier

Posted By: 79SNbrady
Date Posted: November-23-2013 at 12:08am
Dose anyone know if any cabins are available? I'm gonna call Monday afternoon just figured I would find out ahead of time. I was gonna come down last trip but couldn't get out of work.
This year my 79 SN will be tore apart and slowly being rebuilt, but im going to tow my 07 236 team for the event.

-------------
"It's just water... not concrete or dirt... so just throw it"
-Parks Bonifay

1979 Ski Nautique - (stringer job completed summer 2012)
2007 236 Team - All White!

Date Posted: November-23-2013 at 9:25am
Nick,

Parramores # is 386-749-2721, I think some left. They also have campsites, and there are other accommodations nearby, but obviously best to be at Parramores! Give them a call, and be advised, they do charge you 100% upon the reservation! Hope you will make it.
Jerry

-------------
Js

Date Posted: November-25-2013 at 5:30pm
Heads up if you're planning on going to this one. Just got off the phone with Parramores and booked my cabin. At of the time of this post there are 3 cabins left. a 3 BR(bunk beds), one 2 BR, & One Single BR on the water...If you're going it's slim pickens. Get on it!

See Ya There!

-------------

Date Posted: November-25-2013 at 7:03pm
Jimmy just got Beaver (the single on the water) and said that Raccoon was available, not sure which 3BR was still open. So only 2 cabins left boys!

-------------
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001

Date Posted: November-26-2013 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by bhectus bhectus wrote:

Jimmy just got Beaver !

Jimmy is a lucky man.

Posted By: Boat Nurse
Date Posted: December-05-2013 at 2:02pm
FYI Everyone! The wooden Boat Show in Tavares has been posted. The dates are March 20-23, 2014. Anyone that has already booked rooms at Parramore's, have already been moved to the weekend of March 20th, 2014.
Everyone needs to check their dates. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you!! Please, Come!! It will be a blast!

-------------
The Boat Nurse

Posted By: Boat Nurse
Date Posted: December-05-2013 at 2:32pm
DISREGARD LAST POST! March 27-30 is Tavares Wooden Boat Show-- Calendar Events was incorrect! So Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------
The Boat Nurse

Posted By: Riley
Date Posted: December-14-2013 at 6:02pm
IT'S OFFICIAL

http://acbs-sunnyland.org/" rel="nofollow - http://acbs-sunnyland.org/

Posted By: shawn123
Date Posted: December-15-2013 at 11:44am
anyone have any interest in a mini on lake missisinewa in Indiana Sometime in August.

-------------
if it floats it's not sunk

Date Posted: December-15-2013 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by shawn123 shawn123 wrote:

anyone have any interest in a mini on lake missisinewa in Indiana Sometime in August.
Might not be the best place to post this. Start a new thread on the reunions page and if anyone is interested they will chime in. I know a few guys went to Lake James this past summer and had a pretty good time. This thread will be getting kind of busy with talk about the SJRR event itself soon.

-------------
bring the ruckus

Date Posted: January-17-2014 at 7:38pm
Man 4 weeks and no activity in this thread is getting me a little nervous! So let's see our annual list of attendees, their boats, and where they are staying?

Bret, Stacey & Jillian Hectus - 2002 Ski; Parramores - Bass Beds (Thurs-Sun)

-------------
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001

Date Posted: January-17-2014 at 7:54pm
I was thinking the same thing Bret. You know I'm in, and I'll break my own boat this year, thank you very much.

Adam Deen - 2000 Pro Air; Lee St (Wed-Mon)

-------------
bring the ruckus

Date Posted: January-17-2014 at 8:31pm
I'll be there on Saturday and maybe Sunday. I'll be commuting from Orlando and hopefully putting in at Parramore's.

Hopefully wifey can get the day off, but I should have a few people with me.

-------------

Date Posted: January-17-2014 at 10:04pm

I'll be there on Saturday and maybe Sunday. I'll be commuting from Orlando and hopefully putting in at Parramore's.

Hopefully wifey can get the day off, but I should have a few people with me.

If you're not staying at Parramore's, I'd strongly advise against putting in there. Their ramp is really sketchy, loose gravel, off-camber, and all around not fun. I suggest putting in at the Astor public ramp across 40 and just down the river from the Blackwater Inn. Super nice ramp and ample parking, plus it's free! I'll most likely launch/retrieve there myself.

-------------
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001

Date Posted: January-17-2014 at 10:53pm
bhectus:

Is it the one off Butler Street? Google maps shows a place called Captain Ernie River Tours right at the ramp.

How long of a ride is it to Parramores?

I'd love to meet up so we can head out together.

-------------

Posted By: JoeinNY
Date Posted: January-17-2014 at 11:19pm

bhectus:

Is it the one off Butler Street? Google maps shows a place called Captain Ernie River Tours right at the ramp.

How long of a ride is it to Parramores?

I'd love to meet up so we can head out together.

That is the one, parramores is about 10 mins away (head left, north, down river from the ramp) if you observe the two now wake zones religiously. Depending on the water conditions out on the lake people may be hanging out/skiing in front of the island just to the right (south)of that launch.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1477 - 1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO5MkcBXBBs - Holeshot Video

Date Posted: January-17-2014 at 11:26pm
Joeinny - boat hopping; Lee St (Wed-Mon)

Not so much chatter here perhaps, but all indications are the Lee St house contingent will be strong.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1477 - 1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"

Posted By: Gary S
Date Posted: January-17-2014 at 11:48pm
Gary S & Mary Fran- 69 Mustang; Parramores,Miss Audry (Thurs-Sun)

Not so much chatter here perhaps, but all indications are the Lee St house contingent will be strong.

Maybe it's too early,some of us are still frozen to our chairs

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: January-18-2014 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

The Smith Family, Parramores, Squirrel shack, (Fri- Sun) Me, Debbie, Kelly, Lauren (16), Emily (15), Chris and Nick (12), Connor (10). 1992 Ski Nautique with an old school "Air-Chair", that I would like someone to show me that it actually works! God knows I have tried!!

-------------
Js

Posted By: baitkiller
Date Posted: January-18-2014 at 11:14am
What is Lee st.?

-------------
Jesus was a bare-footer.............

Date Posted: January-18-2014 at 11:17am
The Smith Family, Parramores, Squirrel shack, (Fri- Sun)
Morfoot & ??? 88 Ski Nautique Parramores, Hawk Nest (Thurs-Mon)
Air206 & Val boat hopping or "Miss Scarlett" Parramores, Hawk Nest(Thurs-Mon?)

Uhhhh Joe....what's with the boat hopping? the 83 not gonna make the trip this year?

-------------

Posted By: baitkiller
Date Posted: January-18-2014 at 11:24am
5 hour drive for me. Ill check the school calender about that week. I have a seventh grader that cannot afford to miss any school. Things have changed since we were kids.

-------------
Jesus was a bare-footer.............

Date Posted: January-18-2014 at 11:28am
Originally posted by baitkiller baitkiller wrote:

What is Lee st.?

Lee St is a rental house in Astor that Reid found a few years back when he and his NASCAR crew would head down for the Daytona 500.... CCFans have rented the place for the last 5 years for River Run. Huge house, lots of bed space, pool, hot tub, and canal access to the St. Johns.... The CCFans who are night owls usually stay or end up there and many of the Die Hard CCFans who refuse to leave until Monday usually end up there for one last hurrah/cookout on Sunday night...Look at pics from last year and you'll understand.

-------------

Date Posted: January-18-2014 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Uhhhh Joe....what's with the boat hopping? the 83 not gonna make the trip this year?

The 83 is definitely not making the trip- the house I purchased at the end of last summer is in serious need of my free time and money so I couldn't quite justify my normal three trip southern swing with the 83 this year - I'll have to settle for flying in to NC and joining the caravan from there.

Baitkiller, Lee St is just the location of rental house in the neighborhood

-------------
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"

Date Posted: January-18-2014 at 11:44am

Well this may wake up the frozen North

Got a lot going on here, Karen and I are both working on SJRR/Sunnyland events................

This is gonna be the best one yet guys
As time gets closer we will need to "lock in" the boats that are going to be on land display, and submit these to Sunnyland. We will have room for 25/30 boats for land display. These will 1975 and earlier CorrectCrafts, with that be said... We need boats and people to pull this thing off..........Questions, help or just wannna be a part of this..Tim you may want to add something to this ?

Billy or Karen
318-386-2825

-------------
boat dr

Date Posted: January-18-2014 at 11:50am
About what time does everything get going? We plan on heading up there pretty early Saturday morning. I'd like to be on the water by 9 or 10.

This being our first time, I have no idea what to expect or what's going on throughout the days.

-------------

Posted By: mmfarmer1
Date Posted: January-18-2014 at 4:00pm
Im looking forward to attending my very first CCF Reunion!!! I have been a Correct Craft owner and restorer for about 15 years and am currently on my 4th boat(1976 Ski Nautique)which I'm hoping to be completed by then. If all goes well, Me and the family will be driving up the RV and would like to know if there is a truck owner who wouldn't mind helping us launch and recover the boat?? After hearing about the ramp condition, the last thing I want is to back a 30 ft motorhome down a sketchy ramp .

Mike Farmer
1976 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: January-18-2014 at 6:34pm
Well after a long talk with the boatdr this afternoon about this years River Run there are some things that are going to be out of the NORM as SJRR's past. This year will be MUCH different as Correct Craft is the featured manufacturer at the Sunnyland Boat show down in Tavarres (30 mins) from Parramores. This is OUR time to shine as Poster Girl quality CC's 75 and older will be on display either on the trailer or in the water. Special rules will apply to those boats who are on display. YOU MUST be a ACBS member to have your boat for the water display. If you boat IS on the water you will be able to launch it elsewhere and retrieve it later but even then special rules apply. Boats on trailers for the show will need to be there by EARLY Friday morning and MUST stay until Sunday at Noon.

Friday play day may have to take place on Lake Dora with the boat show in full swing. We will probably have to rotate CCFans in and out of the show to babysit boats and field questions. At the time of this post we just don't know...With Correct Craft being the focal point/feature manufacturer Billy said we are supposed to provide a speaker for the Capt's Dinner Friday night at the show. I can't think of anyone better to do this than Mr. Ralph but he is 96 years old and with a estimated 7:00 dinner time (I'm guessing) it will be much to late for him to do it. My 2nd suggestion would be to ask Yeargin to do it but he may be too busy to do so. He has come up to Friday night dinners before so you never know. Boat Doc seemed to think we may need to come up with a powerpoint presentation as well and we know who is good at that but we'll figure that one out too as we go along.

Saturdays events will most likely be at the boat show too. We may have to trailer boats to Lake Dora again and do our thing away from the show and drop participants off to attend to the boats WE have on display and to answer questions. Basically a repeat of Friday. A lunchtime Cruise to some island for BBQ is what they have planned for the water displayed boats and I don't know at this time if the Gang from CCFan with the newer boats can tag along as part of it or if it's just those who paid to have their boats in the show. That has yet to be determined. Saturday night the Sunnyland boat show will have a dinner under the bigtop so our traditional "Bring what ya Brought" cookout at Parramores will be delayed until 2015. (or Sun night if your staying)... Tickets for said dinner will be available at the boat show according to the site but we'll look into this as well and come up with .......a plan!

This River Run will be vastly different and we CCFans will most likely have to "move" our fun to Dora so as to show the 1000's of people in attendance that there are huge number of Correct Crafts enthusiats, they do have a huge following, and we are boat owners who truly love these machines and aren't afraid to show it. Old Correct Crafts are the center point of the show and if we drop the ball on this it's gonna look really bad IMHO if we aren't there.... NO, we were not asked by Nautiques to do this..... No, Keith didn't ask us to do so....No, we aren't getting paid to show up, but it's our chance to honor a 96 year old Mr. Ralph that we love these old boats, we still use the heck out of them and show them all that they are truly ......"The Correct Craft for you!" ....

More to come as we figure out what the heck is going on with this. You can get an idea of the Sunnyland Boat show by checking out the link......

http://www.acbs-sunnyland.org/index.php/2013-10-08-22-32-30" rel="nofollow - Sunnyland Boat Festival

Just a little side note....When I talked to the Boat Nurse this morning I asked if she had spoken with Mr. Ralph lately. She said she received a phone call from him shortly after Christmas thanking her for sending he and Betty a Christmas card. She asked how he was doing and he said pretty well and his health is pretty good for being 96. He also told her that he was really looking forward to March so he could come see, and visit with the gang from CCFan. I think that pretty much says it all in a nutshell about how important we are to him and why we need to shine and stand out at his show. Many of you don't know this but the last two Masters tournaments that I have been to I've seen Mr. Ralph walking the beach, working the crowd sporting a current Nautiques/Masters shirt on but by gollies he has a Correct Craft Fan hat on his head. Yes it's gonna cut into our ski/foot and boat time but whether we do it on the St. Johns River or Lake Dora...It's all good!

-------------

Date Posted: January-18-2014 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Smithfamily Smithfamily wrote:

The Wallace's, Bobby, Alisa, Parker, and Barrett. 86 SN 2001. Camping in our fithwheel. (Thus-Sun or Mon)

The Smith Family, Parramores, Squirrel shack, (Fri- Sun) Me, Debbie, Kelly, Lauren (16), Emily (15), Chris and Nick (12), Connor (10). 1992 Ski Nautique with an old school "Air-Chair", that I would like someone to show me that it actually works! God knows I have tried!!

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: January-18-2014 at 6:52pm
People,
As an ACBS member for 34 years, I can tell you you are in for a very pleasant experience if you have never been to one of the shows. The Sunnyland chapter show is one of the very best. Plan on attending to promote our favorite brand of boat as well as giving support to Mr. Ralph.

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: January-18-2014 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

People,
As an ACBS member for 34 years, I can tell you you are in for a very pleasant experience if you have never been to one of the shows. The Sunnyland chapter show is one of the very best. Plan on attending to promote our favorite brand of boat as well as giving support to Mr. Ralph.

Easy for you to say,tow your boat 3k and we'll talk. We went a couple of years ago and it was ok,certainly surprised me because of all the hype. I'm really on the fence yet and my boat is already there

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: January-18-2014 at 9:29pm
Gary,
I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed in the show.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: January-19-2014 at 11:30am

Easy for you to say,tow your boat 3k and we'll talk. We went a couple of years ago and it was ok,certainly surprised me because of all the hype. I'm really on the fence yet and my boat is already there

I don't think you get to sit the fence Gary - your boat is too pretty, and a perfect example of what correctcraft was making at that time that no one else was - sorry, but that is what you get for putting a windsheild on it

- we will still let you hang out with the unshow-worthy crowd though.

-------------
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"

Date Posted: January-19-2014 at 11:30am
Double post....   

-------------
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"

Date Posted: January-19-2014 at 1:43pm
Thanks for the encouragement Joe,and your right it is also a once in a lifetime thing. Can't very well say I'll do it next time,thats for sure.It's just a mental thing since I had to prepare back in October when I had some other important issues to deal with. There has not been any activity or buzz about the event so I felt on my own. If everything gets moved over there it will feel more like a CCf reunion anyway and that also creates a chance that we won't be invited back

-------------
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: January-19-2014 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by mmfarmer1 mmfarmer1 wrote:

Im looking forward to attending my very first CCF Reunion!!! I have been a Correct Craft owner and restorer for about 15 years and am currently on my 4th boat(1976 Ski Nautique)which I'm hoping to be completed by then. If all goes well, Me and the family will be driving up the RV and would like to know if there is a truck owner who wouldn't mind helping us launch and recover the boat?? After hearing about the ramp condition, the last thing I want is to back a 30 ft motorhome down a sketchy ramp .

Mike Farmer
1976 Ski Nautique

Mike, I am sure there would be many to offer this help, as well as myself. The ramp is a little sketchy, and the public ramp is 5 minutes away, either way, 4x4 Suburban, The "Blue Rhino", is at your service.

Jerry Smith

-------------
Js

Date Posted: January-19-2014 at 6:48pm
Jackie and Deborah will inhabit Fox Den Friday and Saturday night.

Planning to have my '75 SN in the water Midday Thursday.

-------------

Date Posted: January-19-2014 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

I don't think you get to sit the fence Gary - your boat is too pretty, and a perfect example of what correctcraft was making at that time that no one else was - sorry, but that is what you get for putting a windsheild on it

- we will still let you hang out with the unshow-worthy crowd though.

DITTO.

-------------
Js

Posted By: mmfarmer1
Date Posted: January-19-2014 at 7:22pm
Thanks Jerry, I appreciate the offer and am looking forward to a great weekend.

Date Posted: January-19-2014 at 7:23pm
Maybe I can hang with you guys, too. Not only am I not a member of ACBS, I don't even know what it is. So, can the ignorant join the Smith and Joe in NY club?

-------------

Date Posted: January-19-2014 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by jackiewdeen jackiewdeen wrote:

Not only am I not a member of ACBS, I don't even know what it is.

http://www.acbs.org/" rel="nofollow - ACBS

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: January-19-2014 at 10:01pm
Sorry you will be a no show for the 2014, the quality resto you have performed should be shared with the attendee's of this years show.
SJRR will return next year in all it's glory,but for 2014 I would like to honor those that made all this possible, again this is about Mr. Ralph and the respect I have for him..............

-------------
boat dr

Date Posted: January-19-2014 at 10:55pm
Tim, I'm sure Art would also be a great speaker.

As for Friday and the weekend, I'd like to go down to Dora and spend some time checking out the boats but not sure how much fun that is going to be for the family and I'm sure it will be challenging to keep our 20 month old entertained.   I'm planning another SJRR like last year....so the plan is not to have a plan.

-------------
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001

Date Posted: January-20-2014 at 12:40am
If you are addressing that comment to me Billy nowhere did I say that I'm not going to be there. What I'm saying is very little info has been forthcoming,especially when you have to plan almost 6 months in advance. I felt like 3 of us would be sitting at the show while all the rest of our buds are out riding around having a good time. And to drive 3 k frankly that does not sound like fun.Some planning must have been done already and it might be nice to pass it on here thru the site. If you go thru the Sunnyland chapters site there is no info other than a blurb about who is the featured boat and a whole bunch of rules. How many are actually in for the land and water portions of the show,a show of hands please!
Brett that is part of the charm for SJRR but in this case a plan is needed and posted for people.

-------------
95 Nautique Super Sport

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: January-20-2014 at 3:12am
Is Mr Ralph an ABCS member?

-------------

Posted By: 81nautique
Date Posted: January-20-2014 at 9:19am
Alan & Dana, 1955 Hurricane, no lodging yet, Weds-Sunday

-------------
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails

Date Posted: January-20-2014 at 9:41am

If you are addressing that comment to me Billy nowhere did I say that I'm not going to be there. What I'm saying is very little info has been forthcoming,especially when you have to plan almost 6 months in advance. I felt like 3 of us would be sitting at the show while all the rest of our buds are out riding around having a good time. And to drive 3 k frankly that does not sound like fun.Some planning must have been done already and it might be nice to pass it on here thru the site. If you go thru the Sunnyland chapters site there is no info other than a blurb about who is the featured boat and a whole bunch of rules. How many are actually in for the land and water portions of the show,a show of hands please!
Brett that is part of the charm for SJRR but in this case a plan is needed and posted for people.

Gary, my boat will be a land display under the tent. Once there it can't move until Sunday, bummer but that's where they want it. That's why we're getting in wed so we can run around in it Thursday.   If you enter the show as a wAter display you'll get a dedicated dock space and be able to run your boat around so I don't think you'll be sitting tending a display unless you want to.

My understanding is you do not need to be an ACBS member if your boat will sit on it's trailer, only if it's a water display , this is solely for insurance reasons.

That's all I know, I was going to try to help with planning but family health issues have kept me pretty busy, I'm sure Billy and Tim will put info out there as it's available.

-------------

Date Posted: January-20-2014 at 11:28am
Hollywood +1, boat hoppers, Lee St, Wed-Mon

-------------

Date Posted: January-20-2014 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

I didn't know you were making the trip Alan, that's great news! If ever there was a boat that needed to be there, yours is it!

-------------
bring the ruckus

Date Posted: January-20-2014 at 2:14pm
Ok, my OCD twitchiness is flaring up with information spread all over...I tried to grab everything that I had seen pass and add it down here, if your info is wrong, fix it.

Hollywood +1, boat hoppers, Lee St, Wed-Mon
JPASS, 92 Ski, commuting, Sat-Sun (maybe)
Mike Farmer and fam, 76 Ski, RV
Wallace's, 86 SN 2001, 5th wheel camping, Thurs-Sun or Mon
Jackie and Deborah Deen, 75 SN, Fox Den, Thurs-Sun(?)
Boat DR and Nurse...you guys are coming, right?

-------------
bring the ruckus

Date Posted: January-20-2014 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

I didn't know you were making the trip Alan, that's great news! If ever there was a boat that needed to be there, yours is it!

there's an outside chance it will actually run this time and you'll get a ride!

-------------

Date Posted: January-20-2014 at 3:14pm

there's an outside chance it will actually run this time and you'll get a ride!

Sign me up!

-------------
bring the ruckus

Date Posted: January-20-2014 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by jackiewdeen jackiewdeen wrote:

Maybe I can hang with you guys, too. Not only am I not a member of ACBS, I don't even know what it is. So, can the ignorant join the Smith and Joe in NY club?

I like the way me and Joe head up the Ignorant group! I resemble that remark! Ha!
I already told the kids you know how to catch and wrestle Gators. They cant wait to see you.

-------------
Js

Date Posted: January-20-2014 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Friday play day may have to take place on Lake Dora with the boat show in full swing...Capt's Dinner Friday night at the show.

Saturdays events will most likely be at the boat show too. We may have to trailer boats to Lake Dora again and do our thing away from the show... A lunchtime Cruise to some island for BBQ is what they have planned for the water displayed boats and I don't know at this time if the Gang from CCFan with the newer boats can tag along as part of it or if it's just those who paid to have their boats in the show...Saturday night the Sunnyland boat show will have a dinner under the bigtop...

This River Run will be vastly different and we CCFans will most likely have to "move" our fun to Dora....it's gonna look really bad IMHO if we aren't there....

Yes it's gonna cut into our ski/foot and boat time but whether we do it on the St. Johns River or Lake Dora...It's all good!

Ok Tim,
I had to read your post several times to distill the logistics out of it...based on the snippets I took out above, let me see if I understand:

Friday: we all trailer to Tavares and put in on Lake Dora whether we are in the show or not, and then stay there until the Captain's Dinner...or does Captain imply its only for people in the show?

Saturday: we trailer back to Lake Dora and hang out on the water but not necessarily with or around the show, maybe BBQ somewhere, dinner that night at the show.

So nobody will be collected around Parramore's, shell island, and/or the springs, unless we do it Thursday or Sunday? I'm not expressing a positive or negative reaction to any of this until I understand it, but I would hate to see all of us spread out between two or more places where we don't get to hang out together (a la Music City/Percy Priest).

-------------
bring the ruckus

Date Posted: January-20-2014 at 8:13pm
There's a lot of missing details and I'd like more info from anyone that can share. I definitely won't be going down there more than one day. Also I have concern about boat ramps, trailer parking, raft-up, and docking for the show. There is no info about any of that. I looked online and found 2 public boat ramps on Dora but neither appeared from satellite imagery to have more than 10 trailer parking spots. Not good.   Not trying to be a defector but this is a family vacation for us also and I want to keep it fun for the wife and daughter. So will be planning on Silver Glen and/or shell island as one of our day trips. I hope that nobody is offended that I don't want to spend the weekend in Tavares.

-------------
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001

Date Posted: January-20-2014 at 9:04pm

Not trying to be a defector

Better that than a defacater.

No disrespect to Mr Ralph or Correct Craft but that boat show excites me in the least. Unfortunately I'm a fly in and will have to go with the flow to get a boat ride, wherever that may be.

-------------

Posted By: Air206
Date Posted: January-20-2014 at 9:33pm
I think this updated schedule is different from what most expected.

I am trying to arrange family to meet up with us and this isn't what I billed it to be.

Sad to admit, I am not and ABCS member, and I am coming boatless with a fella that has a Correct Craft of an "inappropriate year" so I think we are just gonna be the red-headded, step-children back at Parramores.... plus, the Smith Family and I have Air Chair time scheduled together!

-------------
https://tinyurl.com/y6t5e3bu" rel="nofollow - 04 Air206
http://tinyurl.com/9urzgls" rel="nofollow - 91 Barefoot
78 SkiTiq

Date Posted: January-20-2014 at 9:34pm
I know there is mass confusion right now and I posted what I could figure out from reading what is happening at Tavarres and what Billy said the organizers THERE need from US. I threw up kinda of a general idea of whats going on but will try and contact somebody with the show and find out exactly what IF ANYTHING that they need from us CCFan's... Believe me I'm just as confused as most of y'all.

-------------

Date Posted: January-20-2014 at 9:44pm
So far it looks like we will be heading to Parramores to hang with whomever we can find.

-------------

Posted By: quinner
Date Posted: January-20-2014 at 10:25pm
I was planning on coming this year but... now that the the plan to have no plan is not the best plan I am not sure how to plan??

Best plan is to plan on having fun even if you dont plan that!!

Is Plantastic a word??

Date Posted: January-20-2014 at 10:33pm
Before there is a Mutiny, may I Humbly suggest, as the highly esteemed and executive appointed Co-head of the "Ignorant group" (Sir Jackie Deen Esq.)Hereinafter referred to as the "Iggys", a plan?
In accordance to previous posts, I think it impossible to achieve 100% harmony, but I do respectfully think we as a CCF group not "owe", but have the privilege to help present CORRECT CRAFT at this ABC (?) show, in the glorious fashion deserved. All the sweat and tears into the remarkable restorations by individuals that we as a group have enjoyed witnessing here on this site, deserved to be proudly displayed and shown off! And, When I first met Mr. Ralph at the last SJRR, with SIX kids in tow, his eyes lit up, and said "That's what its all about, the kids". While highly appreciated, I do not think Mr. Ralph is a "Boat show-er, but a Boat go-er"
I live 20 minutes from the show. I, like others have planned a family outing. 6 Kids at a show is trouble. I will go Friday, I will offer my assistance to those that are committed to be there. It is a very enjoyable show, and I greatly look forward to seeing the restored CC's I have witnessed and enjoyed the painstaking process posted here!
Friday afternoon, we will head to Parramores to the prepaid cabin, and look forward to the fun. Meet and greet all that are there, show up, and or finish at the show.
Saturday, Iggy's plans will be made for shell island, the springs, the air chair, bare footin, whatever. Any visitors that want to climb into The "Blue Rhino", seats 10, and head to the show, give those folks a break, enjoy the show, ride a boat or six, then head back, great. AND ENCOURAGED. Hopefully an Iggys bbq, like last year, scaled down, can be accomplished, (lets make a dish list) as I doubt non boat show attendees will be open to the Captains dinner, as also the lunch cruise.
Sunday, same plan.
Now I may have to stay till Monday, to spend some time with the "Show-ers"

For any that want to launch into the show area, Mt Dora, S Tremain St, Mt Dora. Plenty of parking, and I always go to the show from here, no problem. Nice 10-15 minute boat ride. Bret you may want to look at 441, Lake Harris, may show up as Leesburg, on the North side, through the Dora canal, and you are there. They have a HUGE new public dock at Tavares, and dock space will NOT be a problem. They will make you pay to enter show.(NO dock fee)
SJRR different, but can be the best ever. Lets make it work, and proudly represent.

-------------
Js

Date Posted: January-20-2014 at 11:37pm
CQ if you are really coming then my plan is to put you on babysitting duty.

-------------
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001

Date Posted: January-20-2014 at 11:42pm
Finally a voice of reason from the "Iggy" contingent. Somethings, time can help. Once we get closer, maybe more facts to base our weekend on. As for me, looks as if I may get to come Wednesday and stay til Monday. I hope Lee St. is not over booked for Wed. or Mon.
By the way, I haven't wrestled a gator this year. Seems word got out in my neck of the woods.

-------------

Date Posted: January-21-2014 at 1:08am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Not trying to be a defector

Better that than a defacater.

No disrespect to Mr Ralph or Correct Craft but that boat show excites me in the least. Unfortunately I'm a fly in and will have to go with the flow to get a boat ride, wherever that may be.

Hollywood, I hoping to run the Hurricane around on Thursday and if all goes well I was going to offer to drag you barefoot by the grey poupon Chris craft crowd to show them the Correct Craft fans have arrived in style, sound like a plan?

-------------

Date Posted: January-21-2014 at 1:24am
Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogy said up jump the boogy that's an outstanding plan!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window