NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

#2 and #3 Correct Craft trailers

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: #2 and #3 Correct Craft trailers
    Posted: September-23-2013 at 12:56pm
I have 2 Correct Craft trailers, one #2 and one #3 for sale. Both need to be restored, but are solid, original CC trailers. Both are late 60's/early 70's vintage.

The #2 is the appropriate trailer for the smaller 16' boats (Skier/Mustang/Mustang 16/American Skier/Skylark/Tahoe/etc). The #3 originally came under the 17-18' boats (Ski Nautique/Mustang 17/Martinique/etc). Some boats like the Barracuda and Classic might fit on either size.

I am heading from CT to IL next month (mid Oct) with an empty hitch, and could assist with delivery in that direction.

Please email me for pictures and more information: TRBenj@gmail.com
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2013 at 12:25pm
Since everyone loves pictures...

These are the trailers in question.

#2:

#3:

Please email me for more information if youre interested.

I have recently acquired a '83 #3 (originally came under a 2001) and interestingly, the frame is the same size as the older #3 I am selling here- so Ski Nautiques as new as 1989 will physically fit on the trailer.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2013 at 12:42pm
So will this be a drive by or might you be able to hook up with the gang for a few beers?
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2013 at 12:44pm
Is the #2 brown with white mud on it?
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2013 at 1:08pm
That #2's been around. The #3 looks pretty nice.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2013 at 1:48pm
Ha, I figured you'd like that Bruce. With the newest pending acquisition, we'll have an extra #2 trailer around so one has to go!

HW, the brown you see is patina... the white paint is flaking. Both are a little rough around the edges, but very much restorable. Certainly in no worse condition than the one that came under my Ski Tique, which cleaned up nicely.

Before:

After:
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2013 at 1:52pm
Alan, beers are a given! Check your inbox.
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2013 at 2:33pm
[QUOTE=TRBenj]

Before:

/QUOTE]

A boat, on a trailer, on another trailer,.....about to go on another trailer.....all while stopped to buy dog biscuits.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2013 at 10:16pm
Where was the Ski Tique at the CT mini! It would have fit right in with the 5 other 16's on hand!
Old school goin back to school!
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2013 at 11:00pm
Only so many hitches to be had is my guess! Uncle Todd let us tow it to Tim's last year on our way through.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2013 at 11:08pm
Like Chris implied, "my Tique" is meant in past tense... It now belongs to Uncle Todd- he turned it into a rocket!
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2013 at 10:47pm
OH ! Gotcha! I remember seeing that video!
Glad he had his BFN and the '63 there!
I'm still smiling!    
Got Tiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2013 at 11:08pm
John,

Thanks for your interest in the Tique, but I wanted bring the BBBBII for the footers and the Classic for. Riley. Only a few more 200 mile roundtrips, and I'll have the whole fleet there. I brought the Tique in 2012 and not much had changed since, but some times it is like a guy with two watches. He never knows what time it is. Thanks for being there with your family. I think we all had SOME FUN!!

Looking forward to next year.

Todd
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2013 at 3:25pm
Sale pending on both trailers!
Got Tiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2013 at 11:00pm
Tim,
I'm perfectly fine with you selling the "Classic" trailer to someone else and apologize for not getting back to you, sooner. It really needs lots of work and my current trailer fits well, although not a CC trailer. I would use it (refurbished) to bring the Classic to the Florida reunion in March, and time to rebuild it and paint between now and then is tight. But either way, if you have a buyer, let it go.

Let me know.

UT
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2013 at 10:05pm
The # 2 is still for sale ?
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2013 at 8:48am
I will let you know in a few weeks... there is a sale pending but I have not received a deposit nor has anything been picked up.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2014 at 8:07pm
I apologize to anyone who inquired about these trailers... turns out the deal I had made back in Oct appears to be headed south. Strung along by another member for 6+ months, lesson learned.

Anyways, trailers are still available! Please email me for details- I'd like to find these a new home and clear up some space.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2014 at 8:54pm
We might be interested in the #3.   I'll talk to Dave. Are you still interested in that $100 trailer we have? And don't forget you paid for a #2 that's up here.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2014 at 9:23pm
Ha, I think I know what youre thinking Bruce- let me know. And yes, I owe you $100 and plan to grab both #2's up your way... those factored into my decision to sell these ones.
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2014 at 12:01am
Tim,
The #3 set up with a prop guard? What are you asking for it? PM me thanks!

John.

Of course After Bruce talks to Dave then talks to you!
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2014 at 9:21am
Tim, I am looking for a relatively period correct CC trailer for my 89 to replace the Eagle it is on now. If you have one or know of one...

Thanks,
Wayne
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2014 at 10:35am
Tim, It's all John's. We're going Boatmate.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2014 at 10:52am
Oh man Bruce... Those boatmates break my heart!

John (and Wayne), the #3 I have listed above is a '74. I have confirmed that it shares the same frame dimensions with the '83 #3 that I have (which came under a 2001), so it will physically fit the boat. Of course, it predates the "delux" features that CC added to the #3 in '84, like the diamond plate steps and prop guard. It also has the standard 3500lb gear on it (14" wheels, 5-lug hubs) where CC went to 5k lb stuff in '86 (6-lugs, 15"). No brakes either (standard starting in '88). CC trailers were arguably overbuilt with the 5k lb gear, as most other trailers for comparable sized boats still employ the 3500lb stuff, but it's worth mentioning. I do have a few other trailers that I could maybe shuffle around, but ideally, this is the one of the bunch I'd like to see go.
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2014 at 10:48pm
I'd like to get a CC trailer under the '87, I guess I should look more for a trailer that's the same age as the boat.....
Thanks Tim!

Let me know if you need a hand haulin trailers or a place to drop store.

John
dip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2014 at 11:56pm
I'm looking for a #2 also. Let me know if it's available or if you know of one.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2014 at 9:06am
John, thanks- will do! Outside chance I could rearrange trailers and get you what you're looking for... If that turns out to be in the cards, I'll let you know!

Darren, I'll send you a PM.
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2014 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by JDD33 JDD33 wrote:

I'd like to get a CC trailer under the '87, I guess I should look more for a trailer that's the same age as the boat.....
Thanks Tim!

John

I guess I would say the same...
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2014 at 6:18pm
Understandable, guys. Like I said, theres an outside chance that I could shuffle trailers around and end up with an "extra" 2001 trailer... will let you know of that transpires.

Sale pending on the #2.

#3 still available! I may be able to assist with delivery... doesnt hurt to ask.
DHart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2014 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Oh man Bruce... Those boatmates break my heart!.

My heart breaks when we load the boat and it falls off the bunks and chips/scratches the chines/ hull. Boat mate sounds like the best solution to me unless we can modify the #3!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic