NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No more hull hugger (fart box)

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
cadunkle View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cadunkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2013 at 1:52pm
I won't assume anything abotu the type of stainless used since it was not specified. The issue I see is the two pipes y into a smaller diameter and then into a larger diameter. each side should immediately dump into the larger diameter to maintain flow and not create a restriction.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2013 at 1:58pm
Good point but I'd bet the original muffler was more restrictive than what he did
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jdmoore59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdmoore59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2013 at 5:26pm
When can I get one and how much? For the upgraded Stainless, of course.
2001 Super Sport
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2013 at 12:47pm
Good grief! When did this place turn into the hot spot for people ***************ting on others' ideas & work? Here's a little something I've learned over the last 27 years of my life (yeah, I know... real old & crotchety here!)

"Just because it's not the way you'd have done it, doesn't make it wrong."
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2013 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by nates78ski nates78ski wrote:

Good grief! When did this place turn into the hot spot for people ***************ting on others' ideas & work? Here's a little something I've learned over the last 27 years of my life (yeah, I know... real old & crotchety here!)

"Just because it's not the way you'd have done it, doesn't make it wrong."

Nathan:

You won't get to be a Grand Poo-bah around here with THAT attitude young man - Come on !
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2013 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

Nathan:

You won't get to be a Grand Poo-bah around here with THAT attitude young man - Come on !

I guess I'll always have something to aspire to achieve in my life...
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
Foot_Fungus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2013 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Sam B Sam B wrote:

Pete. If your calling my brother a hack I would put his list of acomplishment against your any day! I know your a very knoledgeable guy. But please don't insult people you don't even know. I don't recal him nor I ever insulting you.

Sam Brundidge

Don't mind him. He tried to call me a hack for the exact same thing a few months ago(well it had to do with mandrel bending metals, but involved the same metals in question). And even after listing my c.v. he still wanted to be nasty. Pete failed "how to play nicely with others" in kindergarten. I've decided to assume he means well and just isn't good with using his "speaking words" to convey his opinions properly.   I wouldn't worry about the grade you'll get more than a few years use out of that, assuming fresh water. And you're right for the price I'd do the exact same thing and if I had to redo it again in a few years so be it well worth the savings. Hell if your brother has a jig I'd have him make a spare or 2 and just swap it out every few years. On that note let me know a ballpark price. I wouldn't mind having him make something very similar for me. Mine would be closer to a true y-pipe for a 3.5" in and 4" out.
'94SN Restoration underway...
Caribe1978 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caribe1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2013 at 4:23pm
Don't know what Pete's problem is lately. He has certainly received enough criticism to realize most of his posts are out of line, but he doesn't seem to recognize he has a problem. (They say that's the first step to recovery) He used to be a valuable asset to the forum, now he's just the crazy old uncle you try to keep locked up in the attic. It's odd that someone with so much knowledge is so insecure that he feels he has to prove himself by cutting everyone down at every possible opportunity. Kind of sad, actually. It's gotten to the point that the cheap gold spam posts are more valuable to this forum than his stupid rants are.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2013 at 4:39pm
Caribe (New Pete B)... Welcome to the forum, I see you joined yesterday? Glad to have you.

The movement by many lately on this site is to be critical..... now we are piling on Ol' Pete B..... He has contributed a lot to this site and is no newbie. I think we ALL need to make our manners, support folks and quit the rants..... so, that being said:

Creative solution to the "fart box" issue - I like it...........!
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2013 at 4:52pm
From a fart box to a pee pee whacking, lol

Don't mind Pete, just be thankful he's not your proctologist!!

Think his plate has been a bit full lately, do know him and know he means well despite his keyboard side manor, which at times needs some work. One time he should not heed his own advice and "Modify the Chit out of it"

Back on subject, would think if this other material is only good for a few season probably not a good idea for the average user considering a failure could result in taking on some significant water. Either way pretty cool, we have copper tubes in place of mufflers on the Martinique project, can't wait to hear that one run.
screamin eagle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote screamin eagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2013 at 12:23am
Sam B I am interested in on of these y pipes or to talk to you a little bit more about it! Is there a horsepower increase/ Is this a lot louder then the original muffler? Thanks!
Spooky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spooky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2013 at 4:03am
^ So am I!
boardersdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boardersdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2013 at 4:59am
Here's mine...

Any comments?

C'mon people, lighten up.

SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2013 at 9:20am
Steve - Did you use marine grade duct tape?
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2013 at 9:31am
If I went to that much effort I would glue it up and run it!
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2013 at 11:10am
The duct tape would hold better if Helen Keller didn't wrap it.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
Tadpole View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tadpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2013 at 1:55pm
Is is 3 1/2 into 4 and how much?
1993 Ski Nautique
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2013 at 3:22pm
Subscribed....I as well would be interested in one for my 95. It doesnt have the Hull Hugger, but it has the large fiberglass one that takes up a lot of space on the rear of the motor.
turningpoint84 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2013 at 3:45pm
What did the old look like? I've never seen it.
Proud 1968 mustang owner and now
1970 Mustang
Tadpole View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tadpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2013 at 11:48am
My 93 has the same set up for the muffler, and I would be interested.
1993 Ski Nautique
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2013 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by emccallum emccallum wrote:

Subscribed....I as well would be interested in one for my 95. It doesnt have the Hull Hugger, but it has the large fiberglass one that takes up a lot of space on the rear of the motor.

You just need a Y-Pipe. Contact Matt S. at Race City Marine in Mooresville, NC. He can get you one. He is a Correct Craft Dealer.
levinmark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levinmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2013 at 9:58am
If anyone is interested, I have a fiber glass y-pipe for sale that ski dim had made for me. It is for our 96' ski. It sounds great, just a little to loud for my liking. We only ran it for maybe three outings and I went back to the hull hugger. I'll try to get a pic posted of it.
levin
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2013 at 10:46am
Originally posted by levinmark levinmark wrote:

If anyone is interested, I have a fiber glass y-pipe for sale that ski dim had made for me. It is for our 96' ski. It sounds great, just a little to loud for my liking. We only ran it for maybe three outings and I went back to the hull hugger. I'll try to get a pic posted of it.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Tadpole View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tadpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2013 at 8:46pm
Is is 3 1/2 into 4 and how much?
1993 Ski Nautique
levinmark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levinmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2013 at 8:04am
The Y-pipe is 3-1/2" into 4". Here is a pic. Any one interested can pm me.

levin
DHart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2015 at 11:12am
Did anyone buy one of these stainless pipes from Sam? Looks like quite a few inquiries were made. If they are still available, I know someone who wants one.
levinmark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levinmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2015 at 12:00pm
Pete, you'll be happy to know that I put the y-pipe back on last season! Just couldn't resist the rumble. It does sound pretty darn good.
levin
Treybizttu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2015 at 1:32pm
I ended up with one but my boat doesn't have a motor in it yet.

DHart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2015 at 1:38pm
Trey do you have Sam's contact info? He hasn't been on the site for a couple months. Send me a PM if you don't mind.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2015 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Jones was on the right path, Centek does make a Y with 3" or 3.5" inlets and a 4" outlet. This is just a "standard y", not a "surge fitting". Surge fittings are all the same size inlet and outlet diameters.
http://www.centekindustries.com/fittings.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic