NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lake James 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456>
Author
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2013 at 9:58am
Originally posted by ljsc showskier ljsc showskier wrote:

Mojo,
you weren't slammin' on us, by any chance?? We would have been there (GL) if at all possible... just like you would be coming ALL THE WAY over here if you could, right?!?!? LOL

Ha, naa, not me.. Just keeping it real There's so many cool places to go, and just not enough time... We'll get out there at some point !!! Have a great time..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Woj's 77 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woj's 77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2013 at 10:30am

Weather outlook is looking good! PAPA & I will trailer over the 77 Friday to the meet site. Looking forward to seeing all the boats & meeting everyone!
Bryan
Fastest Nautique in Indiana!

Modify it, original is just ordinary!

Bryan
red rocket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red rocket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2013 at 11:23am
Thinking about bringing the Seperator over on Friday. Is there a show at Bledsoes Beach? If so, what time?
ljsc showskier View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljsc showskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2013 at 11:30am
Yeah, but, Bryan, wait till you see ORANGE and original! :-) I'll give you the fastest SN in IN, tho!! BTW, I will have some "ORIGINAL" AWSA stickers with me/us for you....let me know if you want to replace your CC stickers w/ the proper (read that, "ORIGINAL"), dated ones. We can do that, too!
See you soon
LJSC showskier
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2013 at 11:30am
Whoa! That thing is sweet! I would love to see it up close, please bring it!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljsc showskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2013 at 11:39am
Hey, RR @ Clear Lake,
Fri after 5-ish (?) @ Bledsoe's...definitely come over! you'll have a spotlight place!
LJSC showskier
red rocket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red rocket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2013 at 3:32pm
I will try to be there.
wwchevy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwchevy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2013 at 8:38pm
I'm cleaning out my garage and giving stuff away if anyone is interested in my junk I will bring it to Lake James on Friday. If not I will leave the tailgate down and it will be on the side of I69 between Flint and Angola

Tempo long Cruise with sending unit (and soaked cork float) has some rust (may seep gas)

1971 mustang exhaust tips and Trim rings- no chrome left, Chrysler CCW alternator new brushes & regulator- work great

ACCEL marine coil for points, 2 cans DupliColor DE1619 Chrysler Green engine paint, Teak Gunwale step from 71 Mustang, 2 teak steps from ladder ??
wwchevy
1989 Barefoot Nautique
weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2013 at 9:20pm
Sorry Randy, we would like to make it but we have taken 2 week long vacations in Misourri and Minnesota. That trip is 5+ hours away for us. We need to stay home a few weekends and get a little work done around the farm! Have a awesome time and keep them bears away!! hahahah!
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2013 at 10:14am
Todd, I know how it goes. It would be nice to see you since you didn't have much time at GL, so I threw you in with the chicagoan's I know your a lot further south west.

we are getting ready to hitch up the boat and pull out probably a couple hours. Paula is upstairs right now throwing up because she is so nervous about pulling the boat with the RV (no, I'm not kidding...)
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2013 at 10:17am
Does anyone need one of these? I'll sell it cheap at Lake James

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2013 at 10:27am
Originally posted by Randy_in_Ohio Randy_in_Ohio wrote:

we are getting ready to hitch up the boat and pull out probably a couple hours. Paula is upstairs right now throwing up because she is so nervous about pulling the boat with the RV (no, I'm not kidding...)

Hope she settles down and enjoys the ride Randy, it is a real cool feeling rolling down the highway all loaded up. Just take your time, relax and enjoy the experience, there's not much like it. Might be worthwhile if she had some duties like helping you with blind spots, keeping you supplied with cold drinks and skittles, put her in charge of music, etc.

One more thing no matter how stressed you get don't let her see it. If you get some side wind or a semi catches you by surprise passing you at 70 or someone doesn't cut you some slack merging it can make for a long trip even longer if she see's you stressed out so take a break if you need for everyone's sake.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljsc showskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2013 at 10:35am
Randy,
Will it fit a '95 (?) Supra's windshield? My ski partner needs one that doesn't fall down all the time.... (yeah, I know: he just needs to get a GOOD boat!!haha)
LJSC showskier
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2013 at 10:36am
Great advice Alan. Thanks. I told her that you and Dana are pulling with about the same set up only your boat is heavier. I'm sure we will be fine once we get going.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2013 at 10:38am
Alan, BTW what tire pressure do you run in the 19.5's? I think I've got them to about 90-95psi. air bags? I've got mine at about 70psi in the back and 60 in the front.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2013 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Randy_in_Ohio Randy_in_Ohio wrote:

Alan, BTW what tire pressure do you run in the 19.5's? I think I've got them to about 90-95psi. air bags? I've got mine at about 70psi in the back and 60 in the front.

I run 90 psi for tires all around when towing, less when I'm not loaded or it rides real hard. Rear airbags about 90, front 45 but again that's if I'm towing, about 75 rear when empty.

I have a leaking right front bag so it won't hold pressure, makes it a little mushy but drivable. The bags inside the coil spring and I just haven't had the desire to drop everything yet and replace it.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2013 at 11:56am
Originally posted by ljsc showskier ljsc showskier wrote:

Randy,
Will it fit a '95 (?) Supra's windshield? My ski partner needs one that doesn't fall down all the time.... (yeah, I know: he just needs to get a GOOD boat!!haha)

I dont see why it wouldn't. Ill bring it along
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljsc showskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2013 at 12:04pm
That would be great! Thanks! BTW, we're having some weather at present; coming down from central MI, looks like it's moving along the toll road into Ohio twds Toledo, Sandusky, etc. Be aware and be safe.....
LJSC showskier
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2013 at 3:00pm
Randejo and Clan are on their way!

dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2013 at 4:23pm
let the invasion begin!
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljsc showskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2013 at 4:34pm
Bring it on!!! (disregard the radar; it'll all be gone for the week-end!)
Welcome to Midwest CC Country!
LJSC showskier
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2013 at 4:43pm
Just stoped past sandusky. The old winni is running strong. Paula is sedated and doing fine. See ya there!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljsc showskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2013 at 6:32pm
Hey, Randy,
We are happy to provide launching service via pickup if/as/when needed; (so you won't have to jockey that big ole Winnie around); give us a call if we can help ( and anyone else that may need it as well): Tom's cell # 269-720-2885; house # 260-577-4107
LJSC showskier
RJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2013 at 7:09pm
A few questions?
Im looking at a map to get a feel for the area and where to meet people.
The Pokagon State park (I assume this is the campground where most are staying?) is on the east of the lake?
The Dry Dock launch is on the west of the lake? Is there a launch at the Pokagon state park? or will people leave the campground to launch on the opposite side of the lake at Dry Dock?

Where is the best maintained (or state owned) launch site with parking? Id rather pay to use a well maintained launch and not park in the dirt if at all possible.

Any words of caution for navigating Lake James? shallow or trouble areas we should avoid?
Where is meeting point for sat at noon?
Where is the sandbar we want to meet up at?

And last:
Where will the saturday night dinner be held? at the campground?

I appreciate any heads up on my questions.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljsc showskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2013 at 8:13pm
Hi, RJ
1) Pokagon occupies the east side of all three basins of Lake James
2)The meeting site -and one of several possible launch sites- is @ the Lake James-Jimmerson Channel and the second basin of James (plenty of parking there; it's virtually a big field, aka a maintained , mowed, grassy area these days)

3) there is no boat launch within the Park (VERY short-sighted on the DNR's part...but that's another story)
4)the public access on Jimmerson is really the best ramp
5)in general, stay clear of all shorelines, points; really shallow sandbars are marked with bike flags/skinny buoys; counter-clockwise traffic pattern (of course) ..not that everyone observes that.....
6)Sat meet -as we understand- will be the same as Fri night's meet n greet (Dry Dock field on james-Jimmerson channel)
7) will caravan to appropriate sandbar (we have a couple where folks congregate)
8) see #6
anything else, just ask :-)
LJSC showskier
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljsc showskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2013 at 8:15pm
PS: better make that, "boatavan..."
LJSC showskier
wwchevy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwchevy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2013 at 9:58pm
Due to the death of my uncle, my wife and I will not be able to make it this weekend. We have campsite 110 reserved for Friday and Saturday. It is paid for, so if anyone wants it, please PM me and I will change the reservation to your name.
Wes
wwchevy
1989 Barefoot Nautique
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2013 at 10:36pm
Condolences for all your family.
RJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2013 at 11:08pm
Thanks, Tom.

Wes, Im very sorry for your loss.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2013 at 11:42am
Thanks Tom, thought I would add the street address' for NAV/GPS input:
Pokagon State Park: 450 Lane 100 Lake James, Angola, IN
Dry Dock Marine: 2195 W 175 N Angola, IN

Is there an address for the boat launch you mentioned??
Can you navigate to Jimmerson Lake and Snow Lake from Lake James?

Wes, sorry to hear of your loss
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456>
  Share Topic