Topic: Lake James 2013
Posted By: dochockey
Subject: Lake James 2013
Date Posted: April-24-2013 at 12:37am

The time line : August 8 - 11

Thursday Morning course skiing/ bare footing for early arrive rs
Thursday Evening course skiing/ bare footing

Friday morning course skiing / bare footing   
Friday afternoon Meet And Greet with boats on land / swap meet?

Saturday Boats in water ( there are several sand bars that we can hang out at depending on the numbers. )
Saturday Night   Group dinner, lots of laughter

Sunday Open / swap meet possible

Places to stay:

Pokagon State Park for the campers (Located right on Lake James)
Fees as follows:
Front gate       Vehicles out of state $7
                 Vehicles in state     $5
Camping          Thursday - Saturday   $26.00 (electric)
                    "            "     $15.00 (no electric)

Potawatomi Inn (booked up for our date)

Ramada Inn
N State Road 127I- 69, Exit 154, Angola, IN 46703 1-855-809-3509

Hampton Inn
271 W. State Road 120, Fremont, Indiana 46737 1-260-495-9770

Holiday Inn
6245 N. Old 27 Fremont , Indiana   46737
Book online or call: 1 888 HOLIDAY (1 888 465 4329)

Days Inn Fremont
3701 N. St. Rt 53, OH Turnpike exit 91, Fremont, OH 43420
1-800-225-3297

There is a lot of space at the campground need to book asap! the best spot is loop campground 1

Hope to see you soon !

Kaptain Kirk   269-seven20- 23five six
camping site #106 9-11th

more to follow

-------------
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish

Replies:
Posted By: skutsch
Date Posted: April-24-2013 at 12:42am
Will see if we can make it work...

-------------
Our http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4669" rel="nofollow - 98 Sport Nautique
My Dad's 63 Ski N

Posted By: OldSchoolBlue84
Date Posted: April-24-2013 at 1:31am
My wife and I will be there (sat-sun) hopefully without the kids! Let me know if anyone needs anything. Good to be able to meet some ccfans......

-------------
Kostas
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6700&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow - 1984 Ski Nautique 2001

Posted By: tullfooter
Date Posted: April-24-2013 at 1:43am
I/we will be there, or at the Buckethead Barefoot race (or both).

Steve

-------------
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Posted By: davidg
Date Posted: April-24-2013 at 1:50am
Too bad the Potawatomi Inn is booked. I try to stay there whenever I am in northeast Indiana on business. Great old place. Plus, they have a few docks for guests boats. The one bad thing is they don't serve booze. But, they do have plenty of puzzles and games for everyone.

So, is everybody leaning toward camping or hotels? I think camping would be fun if we could get enough campsites together. Its a very nice park.

The park was built back during the Depression as a government works project. All the cool old wood beam buildings are still there, and good as new.

Posted By: Randy_in_Ohio
Date Posted: April-24-2013 at 6:11pm
The Wise family will be arriving in the classic Winnebago, boat in tow..., Thursday August 8th and staying at site #104 (right next to Kaptin Kirk).

BTW- these sites are numbered really weird, don't assume site #105 is next to site #106...

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1602&yrstart=1991&yrend=1995" rel="nofollow - 1993 Sport Nautique

Posted By: quinner
Date Posted: April-24-2013 at 6:50pm
Booked 108. Any of you guy's familiar with this park?? Hopefully will be enough parking for boats/trailers where we are at.

For any of you guys on the fence, book a site now, if for some reason u cant make it, u have up to 7 days prior to cancel for a $10 fee.

Posted By: mrinboard
Date Posted: April-24-2013 at 9:14pm
I will be there Thur. - Sun. You forgot one thing some Wakeboarding

-------------
Dont Hate "ACCELERATE!"

Posted By: mrinboard
Date Posted: April-24-2013 at 9:15pm
Has anybody talked to Dry Dock?

-------------
Dont Hate "ACCELERATE!"

Date Posted: April-24-2013 at 10:22pm
That's great Randy now I can repay some of my sponge dept off   lol

1st. the campground is broken up in to 5 sections. Section 1 is at the highest point and in my opinion by far the best, but I will warn you now its kinda narrow so the motor home pulling the boat might make the wife close her eyes for a few    but I have a solution for the boats more to come on that later.

A truck and boat will be easier and with every ones backing skills you should be good to go.

Next order of business is the Logistics of where to meet and where to drop the boats in ?
I have met with the owners of Dry Dock and we have come up with a great plan that will solve all our problems. I can't say enough these guys will be the ones who take all the credit when credit is due ! I need a little more time to come up with all the details but I assure you won't be disappointed

But as a teaser WE might have the pleasure of the Maloons joining in on the fun and who knows maybe they will break out a classic

The gas station that's on the water is ethenal free

and last for now Chris Patton who used to work at Midwest might also have a surprise for us

-------------
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish

Date Posted: April-24-2013 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Booked 108. Any of you guy's familiar with this park?? Hopefully will be enough parking for boats/trailers where we are at.

I took some picture of the area I will post them when get home its a great park.
one other note is that campground 1 has docks below that area so one could keep their boat in the water

-------------
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish

Posted By: 81nautique
Date Posted: April-24-2013 at 10:37pm
really hoped this would work out but that weekend is booked for us already, have fun.

-------------

Posted By: Toeboat
Date Posted: April-24-2013 at 11:13pm
I'll come over for day. Sounds fun!

-------------
Toeboat

89 BFN w/454 bought new and still love it.
06 Ski Nautique w/ZR6
72 Promo

Date Posted: April-25-2013 at 1:50am
Has anyone stayed in the cabins? I assume they book up fast. Also, for lot 1 campground with electric, is it for camper trailer use only or tents allowed? Do apperciate it, thanks

-------------
Kostas
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6700&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow - 1984 Ski Nautique 2001

Posted By: Woj's 77
Date Posted: April-26-2013 at 9:41am
We'll be there for sure.....can't wait!!!!

-------------
Fastest Nautique in Indiana!

Modify it, original is just ordinary!

Bryan

Date Posted: April-27-2013 at 12:58pm
Booked site #125.....

-------------
Kostas

Date Posted: April-27-2013 at 1:30pm
It's a long shot, but we're booked. It may be for only one night, but I have site #123 for Friday and Saturday nights, in case the Buckethead is scheduled on a different weekend.

-------------
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Posted By: wwchevy
Date Posted: April-27-2013 at 2:10pm
Just booked site 110, even though I am not sure I have still camping equipment. I guess I better start making a tent from old boat covers and blue tarps .

-------------
wwchevy
1989 Barefoot Nautique

Date Posted: May-05-2013 at 10:47am
There are still some campsites available in campground 1 Anybody thinking about it reserve now and one can always cancel.

If my math is right I'm counting 14 boats so far   

-------------
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish

Date Posted: June-07-2013 at 4:15pm
%20" rel="nofollow - http://www.madbrew.com/aboutUs.php Just opened on Lake James!

-------------

Bryan

Posted By: gun-driver
Date Posted: June-07-2013 at 9:36pm
I'm still trying to work this in to my schedule looks like a great time.
Hopefully know by next week.

EDIT
OK I'm in site 127 confirmed arriving Wed afternoon so I can get the Thur early morning ski.
Can't wait always a great time.

Posted By: ljsc showskier
Date Posted: July-09-2013 at 2:41am
'78 Orange SN will definitely be there! (It's a given, since we live here!) DO have an open side of the pier if anyone needs a space in the water. Just give us a heads up!

LJSC Show skier

-------------
LJSC showskier

Date Posted: July-09-2013 at 10:46am
LJSC showskier

I'm assuming the LJ is Lake James. What does the SC stand for? What team do you ski with?

-------------
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Posted By: 65 'cuda
Date Posted: July-09-2013 at 11:03am
Ski Club?

-------------
Gary

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=941" rel="nofollow - 1965 Barracuda SS

Date Posted: July-09-2013 at 11:30am
LJSC= Lake James Sports Club (we became a year-round activities organization; hence the name change from 'ski club' to 'sports' etc.) Sadly, we're no longer an active group, but many of us are still around, doing what we've always done: slalom, trick, ballet, swivel, build pyramids, barefoot; you know, SKI!!!!!

-------------
LJSC showskier

Posted By: AirTique98
Date Posted: July-09-2013 at 11:36am
Originally posted by ljsc showskier ljsc showskier wrote:

but many of us are still around, doing what we've always done: slalom, trick, ballet, swivel, build pyramids, barefoot; you know, SKI!!!!!

Wow..I'm impressed..not many of us left anymore!! No wakeboarding, wakeskating, or surfing...how unique..skiing with a ski boat!!

-------------
Bill
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5549 - 98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: July-09-2013 at 11:38am
Yeah, there's a concept,right?!?

-------------
LJSC showskier

Date Posted: July-11-2013 at 12:16pm
I'm wanting to get there for a day trip. Any day better than another?

-------------
Toeboat

06 Ski Nautique w/ZR6
72 Promo

Date Posted: July-11-2013 at 8:38pm
Hey, Toe,
Beware the week-ends; as you might expect, it's a little crazy (even though the weather this year has not been stellar on wk-nds); after this week, the va-ca crowd will have thinned a bit, so Mondays are sometimes nice (weather permitting, of course!) Mon-Tues-Weds ok, Thurs can see early wk-nd traffic, esp. in evening.
You choose....

-------------
LJSC showskier

Date Posted: July-12-2013 at 12:34am
Thanks for the advice!

-------------
Toeboat

06 Ski Nautique w/ZR6
72 Promo

Date Posted: July-12-2013 at 2:59am
Gearing up for this reunion Kids are taken care of, so it will be wife, me and the boat! Now one thing left, the dog Anyone that knows the area, is Pawsitively Paradise in Angola a descent place? Thanks

-------------
Kostas

Date Posted: July-12-2013 at 12:12pm
Probably the best in our immediate area.....

-------------
LJSC showskier

Date Posted: July-12-2013 at 12:42pm

Probably the best in our immediate area.....

Thanks! He is a huge baby, well 125# 1 year old baby

Would take him with on the boat but a English Mastiff might rock the boat little too much

-------------
Kostas

Posted By: quinner
Date Posted: July-12-2013 at 2:20pm
Tom,

Yourself, Ken or any other Angolian's making a return appearance at Green Lake next weekend?? Shaping up to be a great turnout this year.

Hope to see you there!!

Date Posted: July-12-2013 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Tom,

Yourself, Ken or any other Angolian's making a return appearance at Green Lake next weekend?? Shaping up to be a great turnout this year.

Hope to see you there!!

No go for us....but I've already got the Friday off work for the Lake James reunion wknd.

-------------

Bryan

Date Posted: July-12-2013 at 2:32pm
Tom & Sue

Here is the website to the place I had our graphics repainted at. Hope it helps!

%20" rel="nofollow - http://letterslines.com/

-------------

Bryan

Date Posted: July-13-2013 at 12:44am
C'mon! He could be the official Lake James CCF Reunion mascot!! :-)

-------------
LJSC showskier

Date Posted: July-13-2013 at 12:49am
Sadly, the 78 Orange SN will not be making the trek to Green lake this year (just too many other irons in the fire:-( ) I know you guys will have a great time; we'll miss the "secret" unveiling of the restored beauty!!
Don't know if Ken is going......

-------------
LJSC showskier

Date Posted: July-24-2013 at 11:38am
Can you guys give us some updated info on this get together.

Are the campsites suited for an RV?
How far do we have to drive to launch the boat?
Is there RV parking at the boat launch?

That weekend has opened up for us so we're looking at possibly making the trek out. Thanks

-------------

Date Posted: July-24-2013 at 12:36pm
Hi, Grand Poobah,
Answers to your questions (in order):
1) there are RV-suitable sites in the Park (specify, and they will assign accordingly)
2) there are multipls sites at which to launch, some for a fee (+/- $7); there are 2 PA sites on either end of the chain (both some distance from the park; Northwest Landing is across from the park swim beach#1; 4 corners landing @ the junction of lakes James and Jimmerson; perhaps the easiest thing to do is look on a County Map (James/ Jimmerson/Snow /the Otters chain );
3)yes, @ most of the launches....unless already full :-(

Hope to see you then!

-------------
LJSC showskier

Date Posted: July-24-2013 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Can you guys give us some updated info on this get together.

Are the campsites suited for an RV?
How far do we have to drive to launch the boat?
Is there RV parking at the boat launch?

That weekend has opened up for us so we're looking at possibly making the trek out. Thanks

There are free boat launches on both Lake Jimmerson & Big Otter Lake which both connect to Lake James. I know there is also a launch at the corner of N county road 300 w & Lane 101 Jimmerson lake....right by the bar Jimmy's on James (or a block away from the new Mad Anthony's Brewery on 300)but I think there is a fee to launch there.

If camping Big Otter is the closest with no wake zones until you enter Snow lake.

-------------

Bryan

Posted By: Mojo
Date Posted: July-24-2013 at 12:51pm
Hey guys.. it's cool that your mini is shaping up.. In efforts to get everyone in the same place at the same time etc, it maybe helpful if you just "tell" people where to launch. Close proximity to lodging/camping etc. if there's no launch at the camp ground, let everyone know how far they need to drive to get to one.. Same for hotels..
The fun in these things is to be together and such.. Less hassle, the better. Just some helpful advise.."build it and they will come"

Moj

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Date Posted: July-24-2013 at 12:58pm
Thanks guys, let me rephrase my question. We would be in the #1 loop where most of you are staying but how far of a drive to a ramp that will allow us to park an rv there all day. My biggest concern is setting up/breaking down and hauling the boat each day with the motorhome, typically if a ramp is nearby someone will step up and drop us in but if everyone has to travel that changes things a bit. Just have to make sure it's feasible for us to do so. Thanks

-------------

Date Posted: July-24-2013 at 1:45pm
I am sure a few of use could help you out using our suv's or trucks to avoid having you launch with your RV. Book and go

-------------
Kostas

Date Posted: July-24-2013 at 3:42pm
Hey, Mojo,
How was Green Lake? Sorry we weren't able to get there this year! Is it possible for you to make ours? We would love to see you/have you all visit our little pond :-)

-------------
LJSC showskier

Date Posted: July-24-2013 at 3:45pm
I'll throw this out there again: Tom and I have a dock space if anyone wants to leave their boat in the h20 for the duration, (eek!) plus we're (permanently) located just around the corner from the PA ramp ....our personal ski nemesis!....on the West end of Jimmerson

-------------
LJSC showskier

Date Posted: July-24-2013 at 3:51pm
Re: Mojo's very helpful suggestions: Chris Patton, we'll ask you: is Terry opening the ramp @ Bedsoe's for the reunion to use and will that be the site of Fri. PM's "meet and greet"? if so, there's our central location; problem solved.

-------------
LJSC showskier

Date Posted: July-25-2013 at 1:26am
Sorry guys been out of town and again in the morning heading to Virginia beach

Alan to answer your question the guys from Dry Dock lease a spot on the water which has a ramp for us to use and we can store our boats there so we don't have to take up room at the campground. its a short drive around the lake 10 min or so Also right there is the gas dock

This is where they held the wood boat show.

Also you can use my truck to move your boat where ever you want so once you set up you wont have to move.
That goes for Randy and anybody else that has a big rig.

-------------
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish

Date Posted: July-25-2013 at 9:36am
Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

It's a long shot, but we're booked. It may be for only one night, but I have site #123 for Friday and Saturday nights, in case the Buckethead is scheduled on a different weekend.

I knew it was a longshot, and I'm sorry to say I can't make it.    I wish people planning weddings would check with me before scheduling.    I have a prime camping spot reserved if someone needs it. Let me know.
The only way I can see me making it, is getting into an argument with my wife about going to the wedding, and storming out of the house. They'll think I'm heading to the cottage, and I'll just head southwest.

-------------
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Date Posted: July-25-2013 at 12:10pm

The only way I can see me making it, is getting into an argument with my wife about going to the wedding, and storming out of the house. They'll think I'm heading to the cottage, and I'll just head southwest.

Sound like a plan, see you there

-------------
wwchevy
1989 Barefoot Nautique

Date Posted: July-25-2013 at 12:32pm

Hey, Mojo,
How was Green Lake? Sorry we weren't able to get there this year! Is it possible for you to make ours? We would love to see you/have you all visit our little pond :-)

hey I heard you and Tom we're going to make it... Well, I've got to say, you missed the best Reunion to date. To much to describe, just a great time..

Still up in the air on coming over. So much going on before the kids go back to school.. Love to come visit "Nautique Country".. Would be a last min thing...

Moj'

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Date Posted: July-25-2013 at 5:52pm
Rats! I knew it would be stellar! will just have to wait for the photos to be posted, I guess....
Really hate how the "back to school" stuph interfers with the rest of the summer, but I get it!
If you can find a way, that would be great!

-------------
LJSC showskier

Date Posted: July-26-2013 at 12:57pm
Well looks like we're IN, not sure if we'll be there Thursday night or Friday am but we're looking forward to meeting some more new CCfans. Can't wait.

-------------

Date Posted: July-26-2013 at 3:50pm
The more, the merrier!!

-------------
LJSC showskier

Posted By: DrStevens
Date Posted: July-27-2013 at 9:13am
I may show up, dates again please.

Date Posted: July-27-2013 at 9:26am
Originally posted by DrStevens DrStevens wrote:

I may show up, dates again please.

Aug 9-11

Have a good one

-------------
Kostas

Date Posted: July-27-2013 at 12:29pm
Hey, Rainbow Nautique,
at one time, there were 3 on our lake(s) here; there's a good chance that you'll be the only one now so you must come!!

-------------
LJSC showskier

Date Posted: July-31-2013 at 10:46pm
    Today I met with Cory Patton from Dry Dock and everything is set.We have at our disposal the use of the access site to the lake which consist of a big grassy area with a boat launch and plenty of parking.
We can leave our boats in this area over night!
The gas dock right next to the sight .

Friday night
4:30 - ?     meet with boats on the trailers   
              your on your own for dinner    

Saturday
12:00        in the water for group follow the leader to the sand bar

5 - 6:00     Happy hour back at the launch sight

6- ?        Group dinner (pot luck)

Sunday        What ever

for the group dinner I was thinking we could set up some grills
bring what you want to grill and a dish to pass ? any ideas welcome

since I'm from the K-zoo area i will pick up a keg of Oberon or let me know what else   

There is a pro wake boarder near by were trying to hunt down if hes around.
I'm also trying to get in touch with Ken Meloon, if any one knows his where about please let him know.

does any one have any access to a tent and chairs?

my number 269 7two0 235six
Kaptain

-------------
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish

Date Posted: August-01-2013 at 12:00am
That great news Kirk!

Is there an address of the boat launch/parking site or a map locating its location?

Do appreciate all your work.

-------------
Kostas

Date Posted: August-01-2013 at 8:33am
Its on N County Road 300 and Lane 447 lake James

-------------
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish

Posted By: DrStevens
Date Posted: August-01-2013 at 10:18am
Doc , not trying to be a no it all, I believe it's Chris Patton from Dry dock, thanks for the effort and info. Steve

Date Posted: August-01-2013 at 10:39am
oops sorry.   Cory Archbold

-------------
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish

Date Posted: August-01-2013 at 10:46am

I knew it was a longshot, and I'm sorry to say I can't make it.    I wish people planning weddings would check with me before scheduling.    I have a prime camping spot reserved if someone needs it. Let me know.

Sadly, Not only a wedding, we had to reschedule a ski show. It is on the 10th, so not even an argument will work. And to top that off, I would be bringing my new BFN.
I have to cancel site number 123 by the end of today. Does anyone want that site?

-------------
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Date Posted: August-01-2013 at 11:38am
As to the specific site location, it is CR 300 N, just over the bridge (and thus North) of 4 Corners/ Tom's Donuts/ Jimmy's on James/etc. Our Lane system here is just a bit confusing if you're not familiar with it.
4 Corners is the junction of CR300 N and Bayview Rd. for those trying to GPS
Easier info for those coming off I-69 -from either direction- is to take the Lake James/Crooked Lake exit (150/"3"50 for the new designation) and go N on CR 200W (also the same exit designation). It is a divided 4-lane @ this point; follow this along-it will narrow to a 2-way CR past Caruso's Restaurant (great place to eat, btw)- and stay 0n it (now is Bayview Rd) till you come to busy intersection/stop sign. this is 4 Corners. Turn R/North, x the bridge, event site is immediately on your Right!

Happy trails, and safe journeys, everyone!!
Looking fwd to welcoming you all to Midwest CC Country

-------------
LJSC showskier

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: August-01-2013 at 12:12pm

my new BFN.

Sounds like a new thread is in order?

-------------

Date Posted: August-01-2013 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

my new BFN.

Sounds like a new thread is in order?

It's not mine yet. Picking it up this weekend. I will post when it's in Michigan.

-------------
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Posted By: schultz
Date Posted: August-02-2013 at 12:48am
Wow what directions! Exit 350 go west first stop sign go right and your there ! Simple enough ? Lol

Date Posted: August-02-2013 at 1:07am
actually, you'll be going North-ish(left turn coming from the south; right turn coming from the north ..off the Interstate) and there is but 1 stop sign! So, you're right: piece of cake!!

-------------
LJSC showskier

Posted By: schultz
Date Posted: August-02-2013 at 11:54am
Yeah i was just kidding 😝, looking very forward to a ccfan reunion here on our lake !

Date Posted: August-02-2013 at 11:59am
Gotcha! Ditto! Only hope the weather does right by us!

-------------
LJSC showskier

Posted By: Patton
Date Posted: August-02-2013 at 7:43pm
Will be there with a couple of old Correct Crafts!

Date Posted: August-03-2013 at 11:29am
allllriiigghht!!!!

-------------
LJSC showskier

Posted By: RJ
Date Posted: August-03-2013 at 12:41pm
Pending weather we're in also.
Since we travel in a pack of 5, will this be a family friendly event? Kids (ages 9,7,5) are looking for friends.

Date Posted: August-03-2013 at 1:15pm
Do we have an official head count, trying to do some shopping before I leave on Wed.
I was thinking we should start a food list on whats needed and whats being brought for the Saturday dinner.

Right now it's looking like I will have the family coming along arriving Wed. night leaving Sunday.
Me, wife and girls 2 & 6

PS: Wife may have to do some laptop work does anybody know how the cell phone coverage is at the campgrounds?

Date Posted: August-03-2013 at 1:20pm
Good idea,

+2....wife, me and the boat.

Will be there Saturday morning and leaving Sunday afternoon.

-------------
Kostas

Date Posted: August-03-2013 at 3:54pm
Wes & Anne Bond site 110 Friday & Saturday + 89 Ski Nautique.
Looking forward to it, thanks Kirk

-------------
wwchevy
1989 Barefoot Nautique

Date Posted: August-03-2013 at 11:19pm
I'm working on a Saturday day trip.

-------------
Toeboat

06 Ski Nautique w/ZR6
72 Promo

Date Posted: August-04-2013 at 2:15am
Chris Welcome to the site. I talked to Mr. Ken today and he said he might bring the tique! can't wait. Any chance your pro might make a apparence ?
Kirk

-------------
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish

Date Posted: August-04-2013 at 2:18am
RJ for sure its a family event! I will have my three 12,10,&10

-------------
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish

Date Posted: August-04-2013 at 12:02pm
look fwd to meeting everyone new to this area! be sure to bring the SUN along with you; wk-end forecast is better than the rest of the week; don't be too surprised at the water temps (you'll warm back up soon enough!

-------------
LJSC showskier

Date Posted: August-04-2013 at 12:30pm
OK folks time is winding down so get off the fence and plan on joining us the weather will be perfect !

menu for Sat group dinner

bring what you want to grill I will have my big grill

passing dishes how about something like this
                 A-H Salads, Appetizers
                 I-O Sides,Appetizers
                 P-Z Deserts,Appetizers
I will pick up utensils etc.
have a great week see you this week end.

-------------
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish

Date Posted: August-05-2013 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by dochockey dochockey wrote:

passing dishes how about something like this
                 A-H Salads, Appetizers
                 I-O Sides,Appetizers
                 P-Z Deserts,Appetizers

Kirk, for the above, is that by first name, last name, or screen name?

In my case it doesn't matter since all three fall into the P-Z catagory. So, I'll bring some of my famous homemade salsa. I've got some jalapenos in the garden that should work perfect.

Getting geared up to go. I brought the Winnebago home last weekend and have been working on getting it packed up and ready to go. This will be the first time pulling the boat with it but I think she's up to the task. Paula is already starting to worry about everything... I think were going to bring http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Michael_Jackson" rel="nofollow - Dr. Conrad Murray with us and just set her IV up in the back bedroom and let the Propofol drip run all the way out there. If we can't get him for the weekend, I may end up locking her in the bathroom and turning up the stereo so I don't hear her screaming. I've assured her that there are no bears at Lake James... so she should be fine once we get there.

Great to see Allen and Dana are going to make the trip.

I will be bringing my grill as well, so if anyone needs to use it just come on over to my site with a few beers.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1602&yrstart=1991&yrend=1995" rel="nofollow - 1993 Sport Nautique

Date Posted: August-05-2013 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by RJ RJ wrote:

Pending weather we're in also.
Since we travel in a pack of 5, will this be a family friendly event? Kids (ages 9,7,5) are looking for friends.

Good to see you're going to make it RJ. I have three that are a little older (17.14,14) but they all play well with younger ones. If you need a babysitter I'm sure Ashley would be happy to help you out.

-------------

Date Posted: August-05-2013 at 4:55pm
Since I'm on a roll today I may as well get something off my chest.

I can't believe more of the Chicago area members (Dave, Steve, Gary, Pete, HW, Kurt, Todd...) can't make this trip! It's a 2.5 hour straight shot from Chicago! Come on guys, put your big-boy pants on and come out! Heck, Even CQ is going to make it!

-------------

Date Posted: August-05-2013 at 5:03pm
Yeah You are just a die hard Randy !! Unfortunately like many that don't make it from James to Green Lake. There's only so many weekends in the summer. This weekend doesn't even include boat time for me.. Oh well, like they say in Wriggly Field, "There's always next year"...
You'll all have a blast. Take plenty of pictures so we can get the jiuces flowing for 2014..

Moj'

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Date Posted: August-05-2013 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Randy_in_Ohio Randy_in_Ohio wrote:

Great to see Allen and Dana are going to make the trip.

Yeah we're definately in, I believe it will be early Friday morning and we're renting the basement out to Quinner and his gang so we'll 4-5 peeps. I'll talk to Dana and figure out what we'll be bringing for Sat. dinner.

Don't anyone be afraid to ask me for a pull because I tweaked a knee yesterday pretty bad and I think I'll be leaving all my ski gear home so I don't mess it up further. I'll pretty much be a designated driver all weekend so throw me a rope and tell me what you want.

RJ, Great to see you guys are heading out.

-------------

Date Posted: August-05-2013 at 8:36pm
We're going on a bear hunt. We're going to catch a big one. What a beautiful day. We're not scared!

How about last names

-------------
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish

Posted By: RJ
Date Posted: August-05-2013 at 8:52pm
Hotel is booked. no camping this time around.
Were headed that way Friday after work, perfect timing to try and cross from the north to the south of Chicago. See you Saturday on the water.

Thanks Randy, it will be good to see you again.
Alan, sorry to hear about your knee. count me in, I'll for sure be grabbing a pull.

Date Posted: August-05-2013 at 11:37pm
Mojo,
you weren't slammin' on us, by any chance?? We would have been there (GL) if at all possible... just like you would be coming ALL THE WAY over here if you could, right?!?!? LOL

-------------
LJSC showskier

Date Posted: August-06-2013 at 9:42am
I picked up a dozen and a half of burgers and a couple dozen dogs and buns for the cook out along with some pasta salad, appetizers and condiments.
I don't want to haul it back home so bring your appetites.
Checked the Crack-U Weather for the weekend and as far as their guess goes it looks to be perfect weather.

Date Posted: August-06-2013 at 9:58am

Mojo,
you weren't slammin' on us, by any chance?? We would have been there (GL) if at all possible... just like you would be coming ALL THE WAY over here if you could, right?!?!? LOL

Ha, naa, not me.. Just keeping it real There's so many cool places to go, and just not enough time... We'll get out there at some point !!! Have a great time..

Moj'

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Date Posted: August-06-2013 at 10:30am

Weather outlook is looking good! PAPA & I will trailer over the 77 Friday to the meet site. Looking forward to seeing all the boats & meeting everyone!
Bryan

-------------

Bryan

Posted By: red rocket
Date Posted: August-06-2013 at 11:23am
Thinking about bringing the Seperator over on Friday. Is there a show at Bledsoes Beach? If so, what time?

Date Posted: August-06-2013 at 11:30am
Yeah, but, Bryan, wait till you see ORANGE and original! :-) I'll give you the fastest SN in IN, tho!! BTW, I will have some "ORIGINAL" AWSA stickers with me/us for you....let me know if you want to replace your CC stickers w/ the proper (read that, "ORIGINAL"), dated ones. We can do that, too!
See you soon

-------------
LJSC showskier

Date Posted: August-06-2013 at 11:30am
Whoa! That thing is sweet! I would love to see it up close, please bring it!

-------------

Date Posted: August-06-2013 at 11:39am
Hey, RR @ Clear Lake,
Fri after 5-ish (?) @ Bledsoe's...definitely come over! you'll have a spotlight place!

-------------
LJSC showskier

Posted By: red rocket
Date Posted: August-06-2013 at 3:32pm
I will try to be there.

Date Posted: August-06-2013 at 8:38pm
I'm cleaning out my garage and giving stuff away if anyone is interested in my junk I will bring it to Lake James on Friday. If not I will leave the tailgate down and it will be on the side of I69 between Flint and Angola

Tempo long Cruise with sending unit (and soaked cork float) has some rust (may seep gas)

1971 mustang exhaust tips and Trim rings- no chrome left, Chrysler CCW alternator new brushes & regulator- work great

ACCEL marine coil for points, 2 cans DupliColor DE1619 Chrysler Green engine paint, Teak Gunwale step from 71 Mustang, 2 teak steps from ladder ??

-------------
wwchevy
1989 Barefoot Nautique

Posted By: weitekampt
Date Posted: August-06-2013 at 9:20pm
Sorry Randy, we would like to make it but we have taken 2 week long vacations in Misourri and Minnesota. That trip is 5+ hours away for us. We need to stay home a few weekends and get a little work done around the farm! Have a awesome time and keep them bears away!! hahahah!

-------------
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1559&sort=&pagenum=2&yrstart=1991&yrend=1995 - 1993 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: August-07-2013 at 10:14am
Todd, I know how it goes. It would be nice to see you since you didn't have much time at GL, so I threw you in with the chicagoan's I know your a lot further south west.

we are getting ready to hitch up the boat and pull out probably a couple hours. Paula is upstairs right now throwing up because she is so nervous about pulling the boat with the RV (no, I'm not kidding...)

-------------

Print Page | Close Window