Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

vibrations

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
Airgrabber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airgrabber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2012 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by teelta teelta wrote:

Yea, I'll definitely go ARE - not much difference in price anyway.

I dropped the rudder. When I'm ready to put it back in can I just put it back in there or do I need to adjust (tighten) the packing nut? Should I go ahead and replace the rope in there or leave it alone?
I would but I would but I'm a little anal about using the old parts while I have it all apart.
Life is good. Work hard! Play Hard!
teelta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2012 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Airgrabber Airgrabber wrote:

Nice early Bronco. I have a 1970 with 42,000 mile on it. Love those old styles. Did you just buy that? I thought I seen that Bronco on Ebay.

Thanks. I bought it with weeds growing up through the hood and did a total frame-on restoration. I did all the work myself and even put a 5.0 EFI in. Yes, you saw it on eBay. I am trying to sell it.
Airgrabber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airgrabber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2012 at 2:11pm
Awesome job!
Life is good. Work hard! Play Hard!
teelta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2012 at 11:57pm
Things went pretty smooth on the lake test today. I still have a little play in my cutlass bearing which you can feel occasionally especially in reverse - that is the only time it vibrates now. It is a bit frustrating replacing everything and still having problems with the cutlass bearing. Will probably live with it for awhile if it is not too big of a deal.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2012 at 6:32am
Trey,
I'd have to say you are OK since the only issue is in reverse. When the trans is in reverse and the planetary gear set is running, some will vibrate.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
teelta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2012 at 12:35am
Thanks Pete for encouraging me to do it myself - it really wasn't that bad!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2012 at 8:13am
Originally posted by teelta teelta wrote:

Thanks Pete for encouraging me to do it myself - it really wasn't that bad!

Trey,
I'm happy that I was able to help.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
gtxragtop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtxragtop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2012 at 11:56am
Should shaft alignment be done with the boat in the water or out of the water? I've not seen this discussed though I may have missed it?
1996 Ski Nautique GT40

Worcester, MA.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2012 at 1:09pm
Eric always has stated that it's is best to do an engine to prop shaft alignment in the water. I personally don't feel there is that much difference with our small hulls. However, remember a total alignment starts at the strut and it's hard to check the strut to port alignment when the boats in the water.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2012 at 1:22pm
I'm with Pete. The trailers are designed to support the boat where it needs to be supported. If the alignment is changed that much by the boat being put into the water then you have more problems than shaft alignment. I have done mine twice in 600 hours on the trailer. No problems.

GTX rag top? What year?
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2012 at 2:30pm
While I agree with you two and check mine on the trailer,the PCM book I have,1988ish says to check in the water.It also tells you to check everytime you launch Must be the lawyers
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2012 at 2:50pm
I check mine every time I launch..........

In my mind its all relative. The stresses on the hull are different on the trailer as opposed to in water. The stresses on the hull are far different during on plane operation but you can't check alignment on plane ;) If anything I would assume a factory designed trailer would better immitate the stresses on the hull during on plane operation.
gtxragtop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtxragtop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2012 at 4:12pm
1996 Ski Nautique GT40. I'll post some photos soon
1996 Ski Nautique GT40

Worcester, MA.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2012 at 5:45pm
gtx,
If you care to, fill in your profile with at least your first name. It's certainly not required but most here do go by first names rather than screen names.

Welcome to CCFAN if I already have not greeted you. Get some pictures and some text submitted for a diary entry. Then, you can also create a personal avitar.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2012 at 7:55pm
GTX.... I'm talking about the rag top GTX???? If your screen name does infact refer to the the classic Plymouth I think it does? If not disregard.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic