NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

67 Nautique Project boat for sale

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
Author
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 67 Nautique Project boat for sale
    Posted: July-03-2012 at 12:03pm
Hey all.

It is with some regret that I have decided I do not have the time, nor motivation to complete my 1967 Ski Nautique restoration.
I already have two boats that I cannot get enough use out of.
The boat is where I left off two years ago. Stringers are done except for crossmembers. Rudder port, and exhaust ports also replaced.
The boat is basically complete, but disassembled. The hull needs a good sanding and polishing. Still needs a floor and spray rails. Structurally, she is a beast. But she needs some love.

Complete boat includes: windshield, side logos, dash logo, steering wheel, step pads and frames, running 318 & trans, strut, shifter, skeg, prop, complete interior for a template, mediocre #2 trailer, and everything else I got with it minus the flag pole.
The interior is really for a pattern. The shaft needs replacing, and the gas tank needs work. The engine ran when I took her out in Aug 2009. Needs a tuneup for sure.
Also I will include about 3.5-4 gallons of West 105/205 epoxy, big roll of biax, and some other misc items that should be enough to complete the project. I have a 12' 1x6 fir board for the crossmembers.
I have put well over 100 hours into her, and at around $2000 in materials. I paid $800 for the boat originally.
I am looking for a fair price from someone who will bring the project to completion and get her back on the water. I am not parting this boat out, so please do not ask.

Here is the original link for the restoration/modification thread when I was working on her.

1967 RestoMod

In addition, but completely separate, I have an extremely nice 340 block that has been inspected, magnafluxed, bored, decked, and everything for a racing engine. I have the spec sheet from the machine work, and every cylinder was measured in 12 places for wall thickness. I had a very nice crank ground reverse that is fit for the block. I have an Edelbrock Performer intake, a hot cam (from Reid), timing chain and gears, and more.
I also have 100% of the rest of the marine parts for it. The exhaust manifolds need work or replacement, same with the carb. Everything else is in good order and worked when removed from my scavenger 318. This is a very expensive block after the work I have had done to it, and is marketable in the Mopar racing circle, but would love to see someone put this in this boat. Again, fair offer is what I am looking for, but the machine work alone was $2k. It was performed by Chuck Lofgren at Lofgren Racing in Cedars, MN. Pretty much THE guy around here. I would sell the parts after I sell the block if it comes to that.

I can be reached at nauteeks@tds.net
or mobile at sixonetwo-803-112nine

Mike
Mike N

1968 Mustang

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2012 at 12:28pm
Wow, bummer to hear you wont be completing the project, Mike. You were going strong there for a while! I hear you how sometimes there just isnt enough time, though. Still havent touched my '67.

I can think of a guy who loves blue project boats and another guy who could make good use of a hot 340! I'll spread the word.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2012 at 8:54pm
Yeah, I have been struggling with the idea for a while. I would love to finish it, but then what... A total of 11 hours on the SAN last year, and about 90 minutes on the Mustang. I am tied with last year on the Pony and almost there on the SAN this year.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2012 at 10:06pm
what state are you in?
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2012 at 10:14pm
Clearwater, MN, about an hour NW of Minneapolis.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2012 at 10:36pm
Excellent project Peter. I'd be interested, but have my hands full right now. Maybe someone could tow it to CT in August.
Lakeview View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lakeview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2012 at 12:45am
HI Mike-sent you a PM
Lakeview
1992 Barefoot Nautique
1967 Barracuda SS
1967 Chris Craft Cavalier
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2012 at 5:02pm
to the top
Mike N

1968 Mustang

turningpoint84 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2012 at 6:47pm
If you posted this a week earlier I never would have bought my 1970 Mustang and definitely driven over and grabbed this. Too bad.

GL Selling this, looks like an amazing boat.
Proud 1968 mustang owner and now
1970 Mustang
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2012 at 8:44pm
Well, that is a bummer.

She will be amazing to whomever grabs her. Really, the hard work is done already, and done right. For free...

Mike
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2012 at 10:20am
Monthly bump to the top.

Someone out there needs a project boat with no wet foam to dig out, no grinding to do, and your stringers are already perfect!!

Mike
Mike N

1968 Mustang

peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2012 at 11:11am
did i miss the price for this? or is it listed somewhere
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2012 at 1:19pm
I own it for about $2800. $800 for the boat, and $2k in materials for the work I have completed to date. I would like to get somewhere in that neighborhood as I think it is fair considering the work that has been completed to date. I really would like it gone by the time the snow flies.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2012 at 2:51pm
I wish i was looking for another project , having done what i did on mine It is a bargain . I had a guy call me the other day on mine I sent him towards your post he was from mass maybe he will get hold of you
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2012 at 6:20pm
Mike,
You sure haven't been around much lately! I have a feeling you are spending way too much time with that pretty lady and the horses!

How's the hay this year with the rainfall issue?

Good luck on the sale.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2012 at 9:03pm
Hey Peter,
Indeed, having done two stringer jobs, I would pay that to have one done right. I wish you were looking for a project too.

Pete,
Yeah, just been busy doing other stuff... Been traveling a lot to see music this summer. Father in law got sick and have been to see him in Michigan a few times. Did not get much lake time again this year. Not much bike time either... Our farm is starting to kick our asses (hay issues included) with the kids being grown up and having jobs, college, significant others... Of course, they aren't exactly moving out either...
Way too much stuff to do, and not enough time to do it in.
I did mean to ping you and tell you we saw a really cool little Dunphy being towed near Chicago this summer on one of our passes through there. Made me think you you and your X55 you brought to Green Lake a couple years ago.

Mike
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2012 at 12:05am
My monthly bump to the top.

Did I mention I have a couple hundred pics and all the measurements and notes from prior to tear down? Everything goes back exactly where it was.

Somebody needs an easy winter project to work on. You could have it back on the water growling on it's 46th birthday!!

Mike
Mike N

1968 Mustang

TX Wind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2012 at 6:06pm
You still have this boat?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2012 at 5:15pm
I do. Would love to get it sold before the snow flies.

Just read your diary post on your 67. Funny. The travel part i mean...
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2012 at 3:24pm
To the top.

Anyone getting the itch and want a head start on a project boat? Ready here.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2012 at 11:43am
The perfect stocking stuffer for all you CC Fans !!!
Mike N

1968 Mustang

peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2012 at 9:00pm
i love the color of that boat   it would be in my yard if i had sold mine
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2012 at 5:18pm
Slayer,    I'm not in the market but I was kinda curious if the buff / polish was completed ?

AT

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2012 at 10:11pm
Hey Al

No. Just a couple test spots. I can't do all the hard stuff.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-25-2012 at 1:46pm
So many boats... so little time.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-25-2012 at 7:09pm
well...if you want another project...I will 'force' myself to help you out and take that chebby powered old '73 off your hands...just to help you out.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2013 at 7:51pm
Hello Everybody,

What's it going to take to get this baby sold? Someone must have a fair offer in mind. I did all the hard icky stuff already.
Spring is just around the corner! I am headed to IL and MI in a couple weeks if that helps with delivery, or a CCF relay hand off.

Mike
Mike N

1968 Mustang

peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2013 at 9:26pm
I wish i could figure something out .
turningpoint84 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2013 at 1:54pm
Peter are you selling your 68 skylark?
Proud 1968 mustang owner and now
1970 Mustang
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2013 at 5:23pm
yes
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
  Share Topic