Forum Discription: Anything Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=26784
Printed Date: April-29-2024 at 4:32am

Topic: 67 Nautique Project boat for sale
Posted By: WakeSlayer
Subject: 67 Nautique Project boat for sale
Date Posted: July-03-2012 at 12:03pm
Hey all.

It is with some regret that I have decided I do not have the time, nor motivation to complete my 1967 Ski Nautique restoration.
I already have two boats that I cannot get enough use out of.
The boat is where I left off two years ago. Stringers are done except for crossmembers. Rudder port, and exhaust ports also replaced.
The boat is basically complete, but disassembled. The hull needs a good sanding and polishing. Still needs a floor and spray rails. Structurally, she is a beast. But she needs some love.

Complete boat includes: windshield, side logos, dash logo, steering wheel, step pads and frames, running 318 & trans, strut, shifter, skeg, prop, complete interior for a template, mediocre #2 trailer, and everything else I got with it minus the flag pole.
The interior is really for a pattern. The shaft needs replacing, and the gas tank needs work. The engine ran when I took her out in Aug 2009. Needs a tuneup for sure.
Also I will include about 3.5-4 gallons of West 105/205 epoxy, big roll of biax, and some other misc items that should be enough to complete the project. I have a 12' 1x6 fir board for the crossmembers.
I have put well over 100 hours into her, and at around $2000 in materials. I paid $800 for the boat originally.
I am looking for a fair price from someone who will bring the project to completion and get her back on the water. I am not parting this boat out, so please do not ask.

Here is the original link for the restoration/modification thread when I was working on her.

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15296&title=the-long-road-ahead-67-nautique-resto-mod" rel="nofollow - 1967 RestoMod

In addition, but completely separate, I have an extremely nice 340 block that has been inspected, magnafluxed, bored, decked, and everything for a racing engine. I have the spec sheet from the machine work, and every cylinder was measured in 12 places for wall thickness. I had a very nice crank ground reverse that is fit for the block. I have an Edelbrock Performer intake, a hot cam (from Reid), timing chain and gears, and more.
I also have 100% of the rest of the marine parts for it. The exhaust manifolds need work or replacement, same with the carb. Everything else is in good order and worked when removed from my scavenger 318. This is a very expensive block after the work I have had done to it, and is marketable in the Mopar racing circle, but would love to see someone put this in this boat. Again, fair offer is what I am looking for, but the machine work alone was $2k. It was performed by Chuck Lofgren at Lofgren Racing in Cedars, MN. Pretty much THE guy around here. I would sell the parts after I sell the block if it comes to that.

I can be reached at nauteeks@tds.net
or mobile at sixonetwo-803-112nine

Mike

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Replies:
Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: July-03-2012 at 12:28pm
Wow, bummer to hear you wont be completing the project, Mike. You were going strong there for a while! I hear you how sometimes there just isnt enough time, though. Still havent touched my '67.

I can think of a guy who loves blue project boats and another guy who could make good use of a hot 340! I'll spread the word.

-------------

Date Posted: July-03-2012 at 8:54pm
Yeah, I have been struggling with the idea for a while. I would love to finish it, but then what... A total of 11 hours on the SAN last year, and about 90 minutes on the Mustang. I am tied with last year on the Pony and almost there on the SAN this year.

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Posted By: peter1234
Date Posted: July-03-2012 at 10:06pm
what state are you in?

-------------
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go

Date Posted: July-03-2012 at 10:14pm
Clearwater, MN, about an hour NW of Minneapolis.

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Posted By: Riley
Date Posted: July-03-2012 at 10:36pm
Excellent project Peter. I'd be interested, but have my hands full right now. Maybe someone could tow it to CT in August.

Posted By: Lakeview
Date Posted: July-06-2012 at 12:45am
HI Mike-sent you a PM

-------------
Lakeview
1992 Barefoot Nautique
1967 Barracuda SS
1967 Chris Craft Cavalier

Date Posted: August-01-2012 at 5:02pm
to the top

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Posted By: turningpoint84
Date Posted: August-01-2012 at 6:47pm
If you posted this a week earlier I never would have bought my 1970 Mustang and definitely driven over and grabbed this. Too bad.

GL Selling this, looks like an amazing boat.

-------------
Proud 1968 mustang owner and now
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6454&sort=&pagenum1" rel="nofollow - 1970 Mustang

Date Posted: August-06-2012 at 8:44pm
Well, that is a bummer.

She will be amazing to whomever grabs her. Really, the hard work is done already, and done right. For free...

Mike

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Date Posted: September-02-2012 at 10:20am
Monthly bump to the top.

Someone out there needs a project boat with no wet foam to dig out, no grinding to do, and your stringers are already perfect!!

Mike

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Date Posted: September-02-2012 at 11:11am
did i miss the price for this? or is it listed somewhere

-------------

Date Posted: September-02-2012 at 1:19pm
I own it for about $2800. $800 for the boat, and $2k in materials for the work I have completed to date. I would like to get somewhere in that neighborhood as I think it is fair considering the work that has been completed to date. I really would like it gone by the time the snow flies.

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Date Posted: September-02-2012 at 2:51pm
I wish i was looking for another project , having done what i did on mine It is a bargain . I had a guy call me the other day on mine I sent him towards your post he was from mass maybe he will get hold of you

-------------

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: September-02-2012 at 6:20pm
Mike,
You sure haven't been around much lately! I have a feeling you are spending way too much time with that pretty lady and the horses!

How's the hay this year with the rainfall issue?

Good luck on the sale.

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: September-04-2012 at 9:03pm
Hey Peter,
Indeed, having done two stringer jobs, I would pay that to have one done right. I wish you were looking for a project too.

Pete,
Yeah, just been busy doing other stuff... Been traveling a lot to see music this summer. Father in law got sick and have been to see him in Michigan a few times. Did not get much lake time again this year. Not much bike time either... Our farm is starting to kick our asses (hay issues included) with the kids being grown up and having jobs, college, significant others... Of course, they aren't exactly moving out either...
Way too much stuff to do, and not enough time to do it in.
I did mean to ping you and tell you we saw a really cool little Dunphy being towed near Chicago this summer on one of our passes through there. Made me think you you and your X55 you brought to Green Lake a couple years ago.

Mike

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Date Posted: October-04-2012 at 12:05am
My monthly bump to the top.

Did I mention I have a couple hundred pics and all the measurements and notes from prior to tear down? Everything goes back exactly where it was.

Somebody needs an easy winter project to work on. You could have it back on the water growling on it's 46th birthday!!

Mike

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Posted By: TX Wind
Date Posted: October-10-2012 at 6:06pm
You still have this boat?

-------------

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5622" rel="nofollow - 1967 SN Interceptor

Date Posted: October-13-2012 at 5:15pm
I do. Would love to get it sold before the snow flies.

Just read your diary post on your 67. Funny. The travel part i mean...

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Date Posted: November-07-2012 at 3:24pm
To the top.

Anyone getting the itch and want a head start on a project boat? Ready here.

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Date Posted: December-22-2012 at 11:43am
The perfect stocking stuffer for all you CC Fans !!!

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Date Posted: December-22-2012 at 9:00pm
i love the color of that boat   it would be in my yard if i had sold mine

-------------

Posted By: DrCC
Date Posted: December-23-2012 at 5:18pm
Slayer,    I'm not in the market but I was kinda curious if the buff / polish was completed ?

AT

Date Posted: December-23-2012 at 10:11pm
Hey Al

No. Just a couple test spots. I can't do all the hard stuff.

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Posted By: 62 wood
Date Posted: December-25-2012 at 1:46pm
So many boats... so little time.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1117&sort=&pagenum=6" rel="nofollow - 64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique

Posted By: jbear
Date Posted: December-25-2012 at 7:09pm
well...if you want another project...I will 'force' myself to help you out and take that chebby powered old '73 off your hands...just to help you out.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Date Posted: February-02-2013 at 7:51pm
Hello Everybody,

What's it going to take to get this baby sold? Someone must have a fair offer in mind. I did all the hard icky stuff already.
Spring is just around the corner! I am headed to IL and MI in a couple weeks if that helps with delivery, or a CCF relay hand off.

Mike

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Date Posted: February-02-2013 at 9:26pm
I wish i could figure something out .

-------------

Date Posted: February-04-2013 at 1:54pm
Peter are you selling your 68 skylark?

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6454&sort=&pagenum1" rel="nofollow - 1970 Mustang

Date Posted: February-04-2013 at 5:23pm
yes

-------------

Date Posted: February-04-2013 at 7:03pm
Bigger boat?

-------------

Date Posted: February-04-2013 at 7:09pm
bought a 25' formula . either one of the cars need to go or the skylark

-------------

Posted By: DrStevens
Date Posted: February-05-2013 at 7:24pm
Mike, quite a project, I am considering, thanks for speaking with me today.

Date Posted: February-05-2013 at 9:06pm
I love the color . there is one on the lake in madison N.H all chalky and faded looking and even that looks good on it .

-------------

Posted By: Air206
Date Posted: February-05-2013 at 9:26pm
Peter - Love your Skylark. If I could only talk my wife into one more Correct Craft! (A universal hope on this site!)
Beautiful Buddy!

-------------
https://tinyurl.com/y6t5e3bu" rel="nofollow - 04 Air206
http://tinyurl.com/9urzgls" rel="nofollow - 91 Barefoot
78 SkiTiq

Date Posted: February-05-2013 at 10:26pm
I really love it too , but i have too many toys and to be quite frank I like working on projects better than driving them. I would love to start on a mustang or bfn. but only if the color is right .

-------------

Date Posted: February-06-2013 at 12:30am
Want to trade Peter? lol seriously....obviously + cash

Your skylark, might be the nicest skylark i've seen. you did great work.

My 1970 I think could be the same thing, I just know i wont get to the stringers for another 4-5 years and i want to do a total engine rebuild someday. It has everything, but the horn is broken and no metal ski rope venter cover protector thing in the back by the flag.

It's my 35th b day winter project, and i'm 28 haha.

-------------

Date Posted: February-06-2013 at 9:44pm
a couple of quick things
1 Mike can you bump/find the pics /thread of the boat from when you bought it and had it out on the water ?
2 in that search i happened onto the first interesting c/list finds. I noticed rain dog listed a found 68 wildcat tangerine bottom white top, although its delisted of course/2007. what a cool combo that must have been.
3. where has rain dog gone?

-------------

Date Posted: February-06-2013 at 9:59pm
never mind on the rain dog q   he was on yesterday i guess

-------------

Date Posted: February-07-2013 at 11:40am
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15296&title=the-long-road-ahead-67-nautique-resto-mod" rel="nofollow - This is the original thread

Is that what you meant Peter?    If not, let me know. I am going to burn a CD of all the photos I have taken of the project to send to another member. I can just as easily burn two of them. There are a lot of measurement photos and reference pics, in addition to the work.

Let's move a boat guys!

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Posted By: Riley
Date Posted: February-07-2013 at 11:46am
Mike, I can't believe you're selling it after doing all that work. What a great project. I'd love to get that boat, but am maxed out right now with boats, space and time.

Date Posted: February-07-2013 at 7:08pm
Yeah, Bruce. I just don't get enough use out of the two running ones I have. Kinda lost interest, is all. I need to find a home for the nice 340 block and other parts I had bought for it. too.

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Date Posted: February-07-2013 at 8:40pm
I cant believe someone hasent snapped it up yet , will you p. m me with a price for the boat and then add up anything else for sale as a seperate line ?

-------------

Date Posted: February-07-2013 at 9:34pm
is that meridian blue or sopwith blue? i could only find one color wheel for a year older.

-------------

Date Posted: February-08-2013 at 1:03pm
I always considered it the sopwith.

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Posted By: DrCC
Date Posted: February-08-2013 at 1:32pm
Show the shiney spot, Slayer.
I've always loved that shiney spot.
I was looking for it the other day, and could not find it.

I was thinking "Powder", thought "Sopwith" was the rich bright medium blue, slightly lighter than Pettit's "Electric Blue".

Date Posted: February-08-2013 at 2:20pm
Dr.

Funny, as I always referred to it as powder blue, myself. Until i was made aware of the color name sopwith.

Here are a couple of the pics.

In the last photo, that barn is about 100 yds away.

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Date Posted: February-08-2013 at 3:46pm
Holy crap, what did you use to shine that up?

-------------

Date Posted: February-08-2013 at 3:48pm
I love that color

-------------

Date Posted: February-08-2013 at 7:57pm
150 grit lightly with an orbital, then wetsanded with 220 , 400, 800 1200 1500, meguiars

The 220 wouldn't touch the chalk initially, so I had to back it down a bit.

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Date Posted: February-08-2013 at 8:24pm
150 grit lightly with an orbital, then wetsanded with 220 , 400, 800 1200 1500, meguiars

The 220 wouldn't touch the chalk initially, so I had to back it down a bit.

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Date Posted: February-25-2013 at 2:49pm
I'll be doing that mine this summer! I'll go with 220 1st.

-------------

Posted By: Gary S
Date Posted: February-25-2013 at 3:03pm
Peter post some pictures of yours,I didn't think it was that bad to warrant using 220

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: February-25-2013 at 4:58pm
I will this summer lol.

boat is 722 miles away. :(

-------------

Date Posted: March-01-2013 at 11:27am
OK, going to put the squeeze on now. I need this boat gone.

Anyone ?

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Posted By: dwouncmd
Date Posted: March-01-2013 at 11:57am
If only. I am pretty sure my wife is not going to let me drive 1300 miles and 20 hours each way to pick up a project boat...

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6535&sort=&pagenum=2" rel="nofollow - 89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7

Date Posted: March-01-2013 at 12:04pm
Feel free to drive it do 54545 and drop it off in my driveway if you need a place to park it haha.

-------------

Posted By: RainDog
Date Posted: March-02-2013 at 10:56am
Yup, I'm still around. Manically busy with many other diversions.

Slayer, if it were at all possible, I'd be all over your SN like CQ and HW on a roofied 56 yr old (G)MILF. Text the price and I'll see if I can drum up some interest for you.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1868&sort=&pagenum=1 - 62 Classic

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5242&sort=&pagenum=1 - 2002 Super Air

Date Posted: March-02-2013 at 3:56pm
Have I mentioned the pylon has the coveted ring and finger?

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Posted By: Airfooter
Date Posted: March-02-2013 at 9:47pm
Mike,

I told my fiance Kay that we needed to adopt a Nautique. I showed her this thread and she still remembers this boat sitting in your shed from a few years back when we stopped by with Derek for an afternoon of surfing. I think you had just picked it up at the time. None the less, it made a lasting impression (along with the Mustang and Python)! If it wasn't for us living in a town home and our upcoming wedding, i'd be pulling it home!

Good luck with the sale. I hope that you find a good home for it!

Adam    

-------------
1992 Nautique Excel

Date Posted: March-03-2013 at 10:50am
Hey Adam !!

Hope all is well! I remember that day you guys were out. Read your diary post about your new to you 92 BFN. Had one myself prior to the Pythonboat. Loved it!!

M

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Posted By: OverMyHead
Date Posted: March-03-2013 at 2:53pm
Mike, I cant believe no one has jumped on the 67. With a lot of the hard work done that would be a great one to pick up. I wish I had the storage.

Dave

-------------
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: March-06-2013 at 12:07pm
Someone make an offer on this half done classic, with or without the 340. I need it gone.

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Date Posted: March-06-2013 at 1:30pm
GOd i wish i had a bigger garage, seriously if you were selling this in 5 years i would have jumped, Stringers done and that color hull.

I'm beyond confused how no one has bought this yet.

-------------

Date Posted: March-27-2013 at 11:30am
Still searching for a new owner for this potentially lovely craft. Anyone? I swear I won't get offended at a fair offer. Prefer to sell both the boat and the spare engine if I am going to take a bath here...

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Date Posted: April-21-2013 at 12:17pm
OK, I am now really ready for someone to make an offer on this package deal. I want to get this out of my building and into the hands of an ambitious future owner.

67 Ski Nautique, restrung perfectly.
includes:
windshield and new gasket
all logos, step pads, trim, lights, dash panel, switches, rope guide, etc
pylon w/ ring & finger
steering wheel, helm, shifter, prop, strut, shaft,
complete running orig 318, and parts 318, engine cart
Velvet Drive trans
complete interior for template
all running gear
#2 trailer in so so condition, with spare mount
swim platform
12'+ new rub rail
wiring harness, useable or for template
fuel tank that needs a resto job
new Nautique guide on pads
12' fir 1x6 for cross braces

sweet 340 block and crank, machined and ready to go
new cam
new timing set
new Edelbrock performer intake

all epoxy and glass materials required to complete project
2/3's of a 2 gallon CPES set

The time is now to get your future screaming fast classic Nautique!!

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Date Posted: May-30-2013 at 10:25am
Bump

Would $3500 to take all of the above make someone get interested? That is a pretty huge bath for me, but I really want to get this boat to a new home.

Mike

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Posted By: ny_nautique
Date Posted: May-30-2013 at 11:09am
I can't believe nobody has jumped on it yet. Is this in MPLS?

I just looked at your resto thread again and LOLed about the pylon mount. That was a mess.

-------------
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: May-30-2013 at 11:11am
Originally posted by ny_nautique ny_nautique wrote:

I can't believe nobody has jumped on it yet. Is this in MPLS?

I just looked at your resto thread again and LOLed about the pylon mount. That was a mess.

Yeah I totally agree, i'm blown away no 1 has jumped on this either.

-------------

Date Posted: May-30-2013 at 1:31pm
I am west of Mpls approx 45 miles.

And yes, it seems silly that no one has shown interest in resurrecting this boat. I want this to go to someone who will finish her and appreciate what she is.   

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Date Posted: May-30-2013 at 2:50pm
If i had the time and Money, I'd buy this and 2013 200 that matches it in every way possible.

-------------

Date Posted: May-30-2013 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by turningpoint84 turningpoint84 wrote:

If i had the time and Money, I'd buy this and 2013 200 that matches it in every way possible.

^^^^^
........X2 ....

I've got a couple of mine for sale right now as well... momma dont think we need any more boats 'round here.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1117&sort=&pagenum=6" rel="nofollow - 64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: August-27-2013 at 8:55pm
Still looking for a home for this future beauty!!

Just a fair offer.

Thanks

mike

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Date Posted: August-27-2013 at 9:05pm
it amazes me that no one has bought it . you have done all the work no one wants to do   maybe post some current pics? i am looking for a project cc but i dont want it so far from me

-------------

Date Posted: August-28-2013 at 11:35am
I am with you. If this was 5 years ago, I would have been all over this thing. I will post some pics when I move it to a different building in the next couple weeks. Will post a couple pics of the future motor as well.

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Date Posted: August-29-2013 at 11:23am
I'm surprised John B hasn't moved on this.

If i had a month off in the summer I'd jump on this myself.

Mike,
What is your 1968 Mustang? You have any pictures of it?

Also if someone were to redo this boat, I figure they'd wetsand the hull, which would remove the original "Ski Nautique" Logo....ell I assume that's original? Correct?

Would you just paint it back on? or would you spray a white gelcoat?

-------------

Date Posted: August-29-2013 at 11:44am

Also if someone were to redo this boat, I figure they'd wetsand the hull, which would remove the original "Ski Nautique" Logo....ell I assume that's original? Correct?

Incorrect... logo is the 74-79 style. No big logos prior to 72, with the exception of the cursive lettering on the '71 promos.

Mike has a thread detailing the work he did on his Mustang... try a search.

-------------

Date Posted: August-29-2013 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Incorrect... logo is the 74-79 style. No big logos prior to 72, with the exception of the cursive lettering on the '71 promos.

Mike has a thread detailing the work he did on his Mustang... try a search.

I thought so, so removing that logo wouldn't be a big deal.......

Thx and yes I'll do a search.

-------------

Date Posted: August-29-2013 at 9:06pm
i may have asked this before but wet sanded and buffed what is the color from the brochures? and does anyone know of one in the same color shined up?

-------------

Date Posted: August-29-2013 at 10:19pm
I'm just guessing Peter but if it is really a 68 and if the 68 brochure is right, there are only 2 blues, Sopwith which is dark and the Meridan which is light blue and what mine is.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: August-29-2013 at 11:24pm
It's a 67. I have the build details from CC.

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Date Posted: August-30-2013 at 9:38am
in all pics it appears a light almost powder blue but i had not seen it in brochure .   there is a powder blue option in 66    and no 67 brochure to check?

-------------

Date Posted: August-30-2013 at 10:23am
Peter I've always wondered the same thing. It almost looks like a custom color........

It's definitely not the same color as Gary, Mike's and mine's Mustangs.

-------------

Posted By: JoeinNY
Date Posted: August-30-2013 at 10:36am
Same color as my 67 Wildcat... might be what happened when they took the white from the deck and the blue from the hull mixed them up and shot them both the same color.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1477 - 1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO5MkcBXBBs - Holeshot Video

Date Posted: August-30-2013 at 10:49am
Joe can you post a link/pic of your 67 wildcat and that makes sense.

-------------

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: August-30-2013 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Same color as my 67 Wildcat... might be what happened when they took the white from the deck and the blue from the hull mixed them up and shot them both the same color.

My first thought!! Yup, back in the "lean" years CC used what they had in house before trying to bring in (and pay) for new materials.

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: August-31-2013 at 9:51am
it is a pretty color i bet all shined up.

-------------

Date Posted: September-21-2013 at 11:31am
Still want to sell her this fall! Reasonable offers accepted.

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Date Posted: September-23-2013 at 6:32pm
WHat's with there being a bigger following for mustangs then barracuda and nautiques from this era?

-------------

Date Posted: September-23-2013 at 7:15pm
.....note to self...
..."Current list of my projects"...

1) Finish 70 Chevelle (been painted for 6 or 7 years).

2) Finish 37 Chevy Coupe.. ( change gear ratio, install o.drive trans, re-wire, hasn't been driven for 3 years)

3) Re-do 62 CC Classic.(install engine, interior, etc. bought 3 or 4 years ago)

4) Build 70 short bed 4x4 Chevy truck. (start from basket case that's been in barn 15-20 years.)

(btw, items 1-4 should last til I'm at least 70)

THEN
5) .. if Mikes 67 SN is still for sale.. Finish it!
( mann the dirty work is done).. cant figure out why no one has jumped on this!?!

-------------

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: September-23-2013 at 7:32pm
Items should last till your 70??? you better finish more than that in 30 years
I agree with you could it be because it's in Minnesota?

-------------
95 Nautique Super Sport

Posted By: storm34
Date Posted: September-23-2013 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Items should last till your 70??? you better finish more than that in 30 years
I agree with you could it be because it's in Minnesota?

I'll be up there next week if someone needs help moving it. PicturePat and my brother will be in Chicago twice in October as well!

Mike, I'll shoot you an email. Maybe we can catch up for a beer when I'm in Minneapolis!

-------------

Date Posted: September-23-2013 at 8:00pm
CHRIS!!!!! You should bring her back to the "CC Orphangarage" in IA!

You know... "only pennies a day" will help get water to this badly neglected old girl.   

-------------

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: September-23-2013 at 8:06pm
for me its the distance when you add 1 grand or so for shipping

-------------

Posted By: storm34
Date Posted: September-23-2013 at 8:19pm
Steve, I'd love to but there's a big hole right next to my house and I need to start building that before I take on another boat project! Plus, when the house is done I'll actually have a garage so I can work on the boats from home!

-------------

Posted By: Air206
Date Posted: September-23-2013 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Mike, I cant believe no one has jumped on the 67. With a lot of the hard work done that would be a great one to pick up. I wish I had the storage.

Dave

I feel the same way! Would be an awesome project I can't handle right now......

Peter, I'm sure you can get a CCFan chain going.. Tim is heading to Chicago....gas money would be slightly less than $1,000.00.

-------------
https://tinyurl.com/y6t5e3bu" rel="nofollow - 04 Air206
http://tinyurl.com/9urzgls" rel="nofollow - 91 Barefoot
78 SkiTiq

Date Posted: September-23-2013 at 8:45pm
I am heading to Chicago with an empty hitch... but Im not returning with one.

Mike's boat is a great deal for someone who wants a project boat but doesnt want to do stringers. The math certainly works when you look at it that way. For someone cross shopping other project boats though, Mike is competing against boats priced much lower. Fair or not, thats why it hasnt moved quickly. All of you guys saying "I cant believe it hasnt sold" should either put up or shut up!

Personally, I hope either another CCFan scoops it up because there is a lot of value in whats there... or Mike decides to forego selling it and finishes it himself. I sure would like to see it finished- it will be a sweet boat!

Posted By: C-Bass
Date Posted: October-15-2013 at 1:03pm
Well after watching this thread and sharing the same amazement that nobody decided to pick this thing up, I've managed to convince myself that I need another boat to work on. After talking to Mike and looking through hundreds of pictures I've agreed to take this old gem off of Mike's hands and keep it in the CCFan family. I'm taking the whole package (340 included) and hopefully with the help of everyone here will get this thing put back together and back on the water where it belongs. I'm pretty excited about owning a 1st gen. Ski Nautique.

Now I just need to make the 1400 mile roundtrip to MN to get this thing before winter hits.

-------------
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6103" rel="nofollow - 99 Sport
85SN

Date Posted: October-15-2013 at 1:21pm
I am quite happy with the fact that a Fan has decided to take this on.

Thanks Craig!!

M

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Date Posted: October-15-2013 at 1:25pm

Print Page | Close Window