NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

67 Nautique Project boat for sale

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
Author
turningpoint84 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 67 Nautique Project boat for sale
    Posted: November-12-2013 at 10:22am
Originally posted by C-Bass C-Bass wrote:

Sorry about that Hollywood, didn't even see this until now. We didn't actually go through Chicago anyway, we took 39 up from Bloomington to Rockford.

Smart move, i do this every year now, not worth the tolls and traffic risk. Plus no 1 is ever on 39 between bloomington and rockford, i average 87-90mph.
Proud 1968 mustang owner and now
1970 Mustang
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2013 at 3:34pm
You guy's thought it was a tailwind when in fact Correct Crafts superior hydrodynamics translates into aerodynamics as well combined with a Correct Craft trailer too.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2013 at 2:58pm
The 67 is on indefinite hold... there are a few big projects ahead of it in line.

We seemed to be dealing with a cross wind coming out on Sat, but it felt more like a tail wind going home on Sun. I think we got better mileage going home (towing) than we did heading out (unloaded).
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2013 at 2:49pm
It would've been funny if our paths would've crossed. I'm sure you would've recognized Mike's boat. Hopefully you enjoyed the nice 30mph tailwind that we experienced for most of the trip.

When are you going to start on your 67 project? I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions as I move along.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2013 at 2:33pm
Ha, you passed within 45 miles of us while we were in greater Chicago on Sat, too funny. We had a 1900 mile journey of our own this weekend. Looking forward to seeing you pick up where Mike left off!
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2013 at 2:25pm
Thank you Mike! It was a long haul, 1500 miles almost exactly. But we made it home and it's tucked in the garage. It took me half of the day Sunday to unload the massive amount of parts but I finally got it all. The 2 Chrysler engines in the back of the truck did have it sitting a little low and the cover had a rough trip, but no tire blowouts, wheel bearing failures, or trailer light issues, so a big thanks to Mike for getting this thing road ready for us.

I'll be starting a new thread pretty soon. I'll add a link to the end of this one so people can continue on to the next phase of this boat's life. Hopefully the last one!

Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Let us Chicago guys know when you pass through.

Sorry about that Hollywood, didn't even see this until now. We didn't actually go through Chicago anyway, we took 39 up from Bloomington to Rockford.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2013 at 10:31pm
Seems to be alot of boat movement this weekend
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2013 at 10:01pm
My 67 Ski Nautique has gone to her new home!! Craig and Kenzie came up yesterday morning on a cannonball run from SE IN, loaded everything up, and headed back home. The truck was riding a little low from all the iron in the back, but I got a message they arrived home safe and sound. I am super happy that the boat will be in good hands and be brought back to glory on the water.

Thanks guys!!

Mike
Mike N

1968 Mustang

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2013 at 3:05pm
well done!

congrats to both!

<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2013 at 2:46pm
AWESOME!!!! You're only an hour away from me 2, if i'm driving through columbus expect a PM/
1970 Mustang
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2013 at 2:07pm
Let us Chicago guys know when you pass through.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2013 at 2:03pm
Excellent.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2013 at 1:38pm
Good news!
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2013 at 1:25pm
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2013 at 1:21pm
I am quite happy with the fact that a Fan has decided to take this on.

Thanks Craig!!

M
Mike N

1968 Mustang

C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2013 at 1:03pm
Well after watching this thread and sharing the same amazement that nobody decided to pick this thing up, I've managed to convince myself that I need another boat to work on. After talking to Mike and looking through hundreds of pictures I've agreed to take this old gem off of Mike's hands and keep it in the CCFan family. I'm taking the whole package (340 included) and hopefully with the help of everyone here will get this thing put back together and back on the water where it belongs. I'm pretty excited about owning a 1st gen. Ski Nautique.

Now I just need to make the 1400 mile roundtrip to MN to get this thing before winter hits.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2013 at 8:45pm
I am heading to Chicago with an empty hitch... but Im not returning with one.

Mike's boat is a great deal for someone who wants a project boat but doesnt want to do stringers. The math certainly works when you look at it that way. For someone cross shopping other project boats though, Mike is competing against boats priced much lower. Fair or not, thats why it hasnt moved quickly. All of you guys saying "I cant believe it hasnt sold" should either put up or shut up!

Personally, I hope either another CCFan scoops it up because there is a lot of value in whats there... or Mike decides to forego selling it and finishes it himself. I sure would like to see it finished- it will be a sweet boat!
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2013 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Mike, I cant believe no one has jumped on the 67. With a lot of the hard work done that would be a great one to pick up. I wish I had the storage.

Dave

I feel the same way! Would be an awesome project I can't handle right now......

Peter, I'm sure you can get a CCFan chain going.. Tim is heading to Chicago....gas money would be slightly less than $1,000.00.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2013 at 8:19pm
Steve, I'd love to but there's a big hole right next to my house and I need to start building that before I take on another boat project! Plus, when the house is done I'll actually have a garage so I can work on the boats from home!

peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2013 at 8:06pm
for me its the distance when you add 1 grand or so for shipping
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2013 at 8:00pm
CHRIS!!!!! You should bring her back to the "CC Orphangarage" in IA!

You know... "only pennies a day" will help get water to this badly neglected old girl.   
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2013 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Items should last till your 70??? you better finish more than that in 30 years
I agree with you could it be because it's in Minnesota?

I'll be up there next week if someone needs help moving it. PicturePat and my brother will be in Chicago twice in October as well!

Mike, I'll shoot you an email. Maybe we can catch up for a beer when I'm in Minneapolis!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2013 at 7:32pm
Items should last till your 70??? you better finish more than that in 30 years
I agree with you could it be because it's in Minnesota?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2013 at 7:15pm
.....note to self...
..."Current list of my projects"...

1) Finish 70 Chevelle (been painted for 6 or 7 years).

2) Finish 37 Chevy Coupe.. ( change gear ratio, install o.drive trans, re-wire, hasn't been driven for 3 years)

3) Re-do 62 CC Classic.(install engine, interior, etc. bought 3 or 4 years ago)

4) Build 70 short bed 4x4 Chevy truck. (start from basket case that's been in barn 15-20 years.)

(btw, items 1-4 should last til I'm at least 70)

THEN
5) .. if Mikes 67 SN is still for sale.. Finish it!
( mann the dirty work is done).. cant figure out why no one has jumped on this!?!

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2013 at 6:32pm
WHat's with there being a bigger following for mustangs then barracuda and nautiques from this era?
1970 Mustang
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2013 at 11:31am
Still want to sell her this fall! Reasonable offers accepted.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2013 at 9:51am
it is a pretty color i bet all shined up.
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2013 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Same color as my 67 Wildcat... might be what happened when they took the white from the deck and the blue from the hull mixed them up and shot them both the same color.

My first thought!! Yup, back in the "lean" years CC used what they had in house before trying to bring in (and pay) for new materials.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2013 at 10:49am
Joe can you post a link/pic of your 67 wildcat and that makes sense.
1970 Mustang
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2013 at 10:36am
Same color as my 67 Wildcat... might be what happened when they took the white from the deck and the blue from the hull mixed them up and shot them both the same color.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
  Share Topic