NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Am I still welcome here??

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Mebirkle View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mebirkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Am I still welcome here??
    Posted: June-06-2012 at 8:27pm
Hello friends that I have known for only a short while and miss so much. I bought a Chaparral Sunesta instead of the Correct Craft Marinique as I was planning on doing (2nd time around). I found a deal I couldn't pass up.

What I have learned is that Chaparral people are kind of stuffy and I miss you guys/gals? Am I still welcome here if I post general boating stuff here for the boating experts? I have the same set of stupid questions and I know that y'all have the really smart answers. Also, I know I'll be back in a rumbling correct craft once my kids are a bit older.

Once family, always family??

Thanks, Dave

87 Martinique - first ski boat ever... bad glass, I'm chicken.. bought a 2001 Chaparral Deck Boat. :)
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 8:53pm
Dave,
Absolutely you are still welcome. One a CCfan family member, you'll never get rid of us!! I am sorry to hear about the brand of boat you bought though!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 8:55pm
Dave, there have been many members here who either own several different brands or one of the other brands. If you can handle some of our humor then you'll be fine.

This site is a wealth of knowledge and it'd be a shame not to share it with everyone.
Mebirkle View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mebirkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 8:56pm
LOL... I turned yuppy for a day...
87 Martinique - first ski boat ever... bad glass, I'm chicken.. bought a 2001 Chaparral Deck Boat. :)
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 9:13pm
ongrats on the new boat, we still need pics and stories.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 9:20pm
Got to agree with the others Dave. Hang around. Lots to ask and learn. Chapperelle (not sure I spelled that right) makes a nice looking boat. We've got stern drive guys on here with plenty of expertise.
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 10:07pm
I painted my boat, put a Chevy in it and added a tower and I haven't been thrown out........ yet.

I think you'r safe.
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 10:29pm
When I first saw this post was thinking maybe it was Chris aka 79Nautique. Kinda miss the pearls of wisdom and gracious manner.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2012 at 10:37am
As long as you do not run a Fram Oil Filter and post pictures on this site with that filter on that new boat? Then post pictures of it pulling a tube.

Then everything will be A OK.

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2012 at 10:42am
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

As long as you do not run a Fram Oil Filter and post pictures on this site with that filter on that new boat? Then post pictures of it pulling a tube.

Then everything will be A OK.

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2012 at 10:45am
Originally posted by jimsport93 jimsport93 wrote:

When I first saw this post was thinking maybe it was Chris aka 79Nautique. Kinda miss the pearls of wisdom and gracious manner.

Chris has moved on to other interests....

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2012 at 10:55am
AAARRRRRGGGHHHHH, MY EYES!!!!!!
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Mebirkle View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mebirkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2012 at 12:23pm
Ah, it's good to be home. I feel like I'm at a bar with a bunch of my closest friends abusing me. You can't beat that!

Story coming next with pictures! The suspense.....oooh

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2012 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by jimsport93 jimsport93 wrote:

I still get texts from time to time from him. Lately it's been about the "loping" GT40s. GT40s don't lope! (fuel, timing, vacuum leaks...)

Good luck with the Chaparelle, hopefully it treats you well and serves your needs.
Mebirkle View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mebirkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2012 at 1:44pm
Thanks Hollywood... the boat is pretty boring as everything works right now. ;) My kids are so young (4 and 2) that they don't like the wind and want to get to a cove and swim or hang out on the deck and roam around. I wish it had a swum platform as the kids like to jump off the boat and don't have a good diving board.

The boat has a 0 hour long block in it (5.0 EFI) due to bad winterizing from PO. It weighs 3700 dry and goes 50+ MPH although I'm breaking it in still.
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2012 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

I still get texts from time to time from him. Lately it's been about the "loping" GT40s. GT40s don't lope! (fuel, timing, vacuum leaks...)

Chris's knowledge would be a asset in helping solve these GT40 issue's.

Hey I would even help him with his spelling
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic