Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Owner

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
defsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote defsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2012 at 7:21pm
I boat in Acton Maine. I live in Tewksbury MA.
1969 barracuda
defsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote defsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2012 at 10:24pm

1969 barracuda
defsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote defsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2012 at 10:45pm
1969 barracuda
Tiger76 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiger76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2012 at 11:27pm
Looks nice. I love yellow, had a yellow silverado and Honda CBR.
93 Sport Nautique
defsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote defsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2012 at 12:48am
haha I sold a yellow ATV to get this boat. I was looking for a bass boat and saw this. I've always wanted a ski boat and love the sound out of these old classics. It was completely restored like 5 years ago and the last owner kinda let it sit to long. I'm picking it up Saturday cant wait to start scrubbing it down!!
1969 barracuda
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2012 at 2:06am
Nice find, cool looking boat
crobi2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crobi2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2012 at 3:26pm
That's a pretty boat. I guess that engine is a 302 or is it a 289? Showing the gaps in my knowledge.
C-Rob

2000 SAN
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2012 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by crobi2 crobi2 wrote:

That's a pretty boat. I guess that engine is a 302 or is it a 289? Showing the gaps in my knowledge.

It's actually a Chrysler 318 and painted the wrong color!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
crobi2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crobi2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2012 at 3:35pm
Hah! I knew I didn't have a clue!

My first car had a 318 in it. VERY strong running motor. Been too long for me to recognize it, but I should at least have noted where the distributor is. Then, the heads/deck shape tells you it ain't GM small block. Maybe then I could of at least guessed right. Oh well, that's what happens when you start writing before thinking.

C-Rob

2000 SAN
Tiger76 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiger76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2012 at 12:24pm
Hey guys thanks for all of your help. I've taken the boat out 4 or 5 times with no more leaks, but I'm noticing after making a few pulls and sitting a few minutes that the boat doesn't want to idle well and goes dead alot. Any ideas on this one would be much appreciated.
93 Sport Nautique
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2012 at 8:02pm
Carb & ignition! Start at one end & work your way thru to the other side of the engine.

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Tiger76 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiger76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2012 at 9:33pm
How often should the carb be adjusted?
93 Sport Nautique
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2012 at 12:59pm
Tiger, I actually lost track of your setup. This is a carbureted boat? Protec ignition or traditional?

Tiger76 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiger76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2012 at 7:58pm
Carb yes. The rest I'm not sure only owned it for a few months. How do I check on the ignition? Spoke to a friend of mine that is fantastic working on cars and he said he could rebuild my carb with extra parts he had from drag racing so it would be high end stuff.
93 Sport Nautique
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2012 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Tiger76 Tiger76 wrote:

Hey guys thanks for all of your help. I've taken the boat out 4 or 5 times with no more leaks, but I'm noticing after making a few pulls and sitting a few minutes that the boat doesn't want to idle well and goes dead alot. Any ideas on this one would be much appreciated.

When this happens, and it starts, do you get any black smoke? Sometimes the carbs will keep dripping after shutdown, and then load the engine up with gas. This would indicate a needle&seat issue or rebuild.

Run the boat at speed, then slow down in neutral and leave it running. Open the engine cover, then remove the plastic carb cover and flame arrestor (be careful of pulleys etc.). When you can get a clear look down the barrels of the carb, shut the motor off. You should get little to no dripping out of the booster venturis. If it keeps dripping, then you're loading up with fuel and causing problems.

Replacing your flame arrestor bolt with one of these Thumbscrews will make removing and replacing your flame arrestor much easier.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic