NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

bilge pump new naut 200

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
laurie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laurie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bilge pump new naut 200
    Posted: March-22-2012 at 6:03am
bilge pump....3 wires
does anybody know if the factory wire the manual side instead of the auto wire to the battery

my auto bilge pump does not function with the battery switch off, only on manual when the battery is switched on.

Obviously the pump needs to be live whilst kept 100% in the water

does the floor lift up close to the pump to get access

thanks guys
laurie
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2012 at 8:18am
Laurie,
Since we can't actually look to see the wiring, I don't feel we can answer your question. Who put the battery switch in? The dealer? I feel it's best to go to your dealer.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2012 at 9:21am
It's a factory shut off switch Pete. Laurie I think you will get a faster answer over on Planet Nautique as there are more newer boat owners there. We only have about one hour on our 200 so I can't answer your question but I think you would have to leave the shut off in the on position as I believe it kills all power to the boat.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2012 at 2:29pm
Laurie,

Is there a 3 way master switch similar to what your 206 has? You should have on-off-bilge pump only?? You need to post some pics of your new boat!!

Pete,

Believe Laurie is in Dubia, dealer may not be a reasonable option.

laurie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laurie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2012 at 5:05pm
correct....dealer is not an option, i do all my own maint

the boat does not have the 3 way peko switch like the 206

it just has the battery on off switch, i shall check tomorrow if they wired the manual side instead of the auto side

i will post some pics, she is a beauty, you can see 1 pic on planetnautique,,,show us your nautique
laurie
laurie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laurie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2012 at 5:08pm
81 nautique, you can turn your batt switch off and listen closely to bilge pump,(if its the auto type) it should cycle every 3 mins checking for water pressure. let me know if you can hear it

tx
laurie
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2012 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by laurie laurie wrote:

81 nautique, you can turn your batt switch off and listen closely to bilge pump,(if its the auto type) it should cycle every 3 mins checking for water pressure. let me know if you can hear it

tx

If I get to the boat this weekend I'll get back to you.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2012 at 5:57pm
What is this "battery switch" you are talking about?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2012 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

What is this "battery switch" you are talking about?

On our boat, under the helm, lower left by your feet. Large round red main power switch. Believe it just shuts all power off to the entire boat, ie: for storage. I'm thinking when the boat is moored you would leave the main switch on, I really don't know if the dash bilge switch has a manual/auto feature. Sure I can figure this out in a minute once we get out this weekend.
laurie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laurie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2012 at 1:09pm
i checked and you have to leave the round red battery switch on and then press the blge pump switch once, it starts to flash continously and the pump is now active and cycles every 3 mins...i will post pic of new boat if i find find how to upload

laurie
laurie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic